• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
What do I do with my life now?

I just woke up, Day 1 after the sale, and I feel like I've been robbed. Looking back I spent way too much money. D:

I've been bamboozled.

Steam is ruining my life.

bonesquad

Out of pity I bought Retro/Grade at the last minute. Ok, I also noticed a review quote mentioning Amplitude, which is my personal favorite rhythm game, and saw I could use a Wii guitar to play. I figured I might as well get some use of that thing (after digging it out from the back of my closet).

I tried the first two levels with a keyboard, and the game's kind of cool. Fun, but at the same time the game didn't really seem anything that special. Move up/down dodging shots and hit spacebar in time with the dots. Then I tried it with a guitar, and maybe it's nostalgia from my Guitar Hero days, but it's great to play a game this way again. Especially when it isn't a straight Guitar Hero clone. The game really is pretty neat.

If you have a spare guitar lying around, I definitely recommend picking Retro/Grade up at some point.

I have coupons for:

Sniper Elite
No Time to Explain
Europa Universalis III
Rush Bros
Sniper Elite v2
Sanctum
Zeno Clash 2
Revenge of the Titans

To get rid of if anyone wants one or all of them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god guys.

Rayman Origins is AMAZING.

Every world I've been to is brilliantly designed and structured, the music is top-notch and the animations fluid and natural-like! Controls could be more responsive at times, but WHATEVER! This game is so great... it's really safe to say it can put to shame any of the New Mario Bros games.

The thing about this game, is that I don't want it to end! I didn't feel this way since Paper Mario 2. This shit is MAGICAL.
This is exactly what I thought after playing the first 2 levels. Looks and feels awesome. Funnily enough, I didn't care about the game when I played those same 2 stages on my Wii.

Out of pity I bought Retro/Grade at the last minute. Ok, I also noticed a review quote mentioning Amplitude, which is my personal favorite rhythm game, and saw I could use a Wii guitar to play. I figured I might as well get some use of that thing (after digging it out from the back of my closet).

I tried the first two levels with a keyboard, and the game's kind of cool. Fun, but at the same time the game didn't really seem anything that special. Move up/down dodging shots and hit spacebar in time with the dots. Then I tried it with a guitar, and maybe it's nostalgia from my Guitar Hero days, but it's great to play a game this way again. Especially when it isn't a straight Guitar Hero clone. The game really is pretty neat.

If you have a spare guitar lying around, I definitely recommend picking Retro/Grade up at some point.
What do you need to make a Wii guitar work? Just a Bluetooth receiver?

Sadly it doesn't work with a PS2 guitar with a USB adapter.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Buy a buncha of games on the Steam Sale.

Buy a game not on sale on the day after.

Spend the entire day playing said game, as opposed to the 20 games I bought on sale the week before.

why.jpg

I'm reasonably certain Two Tribes handed them out to everybody who owned Toki Tori. I didn't redeem a key from the recent Two Tribes HSW so I was worried that I'd miss out on the coupons, but they later appeared when I restarted Steam.

Edit: Also, they stack, so you may want to hold on to them.
They don't stack, we can only use one coupon...

Buy a buncha of games on the Steam Sale.

Buy a game not on sale on the day after.

Spend the entire day playing said game, as opposed to the 20 games I bought on sale the week before.

why.jpg

Exactly what I did a moment ago. It's your fault for hosting the four pack:p

bonesquad

What do you need to make a Wii guitar work? Just a Bluetooth receiver?

Sadly it doesn't work with a PS2 guitar with a USB adapter.

Yeah. It was easier than I thought. My laptop has bluetooth build in, which is all you need. Go to add a BT device, keep holding down 1+2 on the Wiimote, and the device shows up for you to select (you don't need a password). The lights kept flashing on the remote so I wasn't sure it worked, but when I started Retro/Grade player 1 lit up and I was off and running.

nexen

Oh my god guys.

Every world I've been to is brilliantly designed and structured, the music is top-notch and the animations fluid and natural-like! Controls could be more responsive at times, but WHATEVER! This game is so great... it's really safe to say it can put to shame any of the New Mario Bros games.

The thing about this game, is that I don't want it to end! I didn't feel this way since Paper Mario 2. This shit is MAGICAL.

Felt the same way. Then I hit the difficulty cliff. In a way, the game never did end ...

Fireblend

Banned
Oh my god guys.

Welcome, brother.
And I know exactly what you mean. I always compare it to the way I felt when playing Yoshi's Island for the first time.

oipic

Good morning from Australia, SteamGAF - nice to be back to normality.

Love the SS2 theme, grief - very nice work there mate (matches my desktop wallpaper!).

So, hugely expanded post-sale backlog nonwithstanding...Giana Sisters, thumbs up, right?

I just woke up, Day 1 after the sale, and I feel like I've been robbed. Looking back I spent way too much money. D:

I've been bamboozled.

When the winter sales arrives these bad feeling are going away.

Copons

Meanwhile I just realized that having bought Reus AND Civ5 won't be healthy at all.
I'm starting to mix up fruits and technologies and stuff and now I wanna move war against that swamp giant who keeps blobbing acid or something all over my place.

Tenrius

I was wondering if there ever will be a North American Truck Simulator

There's Rig n Roll (wikipedia). It's a Russian game, a third in the series actually, with the first two entries known as Hard Truck and Hard Truck 2 (wikipedia) being set in Russia. The series itself is relatively well-known in Russian media and beyond, the second game was actually "the" truck driving game back in the early '00s. It's also the only one I played and although it was a long time ago, I remember it being enjoyable and sophisticated.

Tizoc

I have coupons for:

Sniper Elite
No Time to Explain
Europa Universalis III
Rush Bros
Sniper Elite v2
Sanctum
Zeno Clash 2
Revenge of the Titans

What's the Zeno Clash 2 coupon discount value? Might be interested in that.

I'm extremely confused now. I just got a 360 controller for my PC, and it's been around 10 years since the last time I owned a controller, but did they change which way was considered inverted and which was normal while I was away? I never used inverted before, and yet every fps and tps seems to be controlling backwards for me. Pull down to look down and push up to look up. I dont remember ever choosing the inverted option in my entire life, but now normal feels backwards. I feel like I'm losing my damn mind.

DigiMish

I'm extremely confused now. I just got a 360 controller for my PC, and it's been around 10 years since the last time I owned a controller, but did they change which way was considered inverted and which was normal while I was away? I never used inverted before, and yet every fps and tps seems to be controlling backwards for me. Pull down to look down and push up to look up. I dont remember ever choosing the inverted option in my entire life, but now normal feels backwards. I feel like I'm losing my damn mind.

That's the default camera mode in 99% of FPS and TPS games.

It's only the other way in a small fraction of games (flying and racing).

Tenrius

Oh my god guys.

I felt this way when I started the game too, but it got a little old by the end. The levels are a bit too similar gameplay-wise, I think, which is also true for the music. That mosquito thing is amazing the first time you do it, but then they make you do it again several times, which is not nice. I still really like Rayman Origins, but it's just not up there with, say, good Mario games.

Hanzou

dooope

i don't buy games day 1 often but pretty sure this'll have to be one, the wait has been agonizing

i've seen someone mention the xbla version dlc will be included in this one and it only makes sense but did we ever get confirmation of that or is it just speculation?
What exactly was in the dlc content wise?

That's the default camera mode in 99% of FPS and TPS games.

It's only the other way in a small fraction of games (flying and racing).

I think using a mouse and keyboard for so long has changed me into an inverted control user. I didnt even know it was possible to switch.

Lingitiz

I've been bamboozled.

Just wait for the 1-2 punch of Thanksgiving and Winter sales. Only 3 or so weeks apart and devastating to the wallet.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
From that new bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-3ECF0BE1C24F820E - Taken by DukeBobby

Milamber

I'm stalking the Market now. I may be reaching JaseC's levels of obsession with Euro Truck Simulator 2...

XE1q5vf.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
I felt this way when I started the game too, but it got a little old by the end. The levels are a bit too similar gameplay-wise, I think, which is also true for the music. That mosquito thing is amazing the first time you do it, but then they make you do it again several times, which is not nice. I still really like Rayman Origins, but it's just not up there with, say, good Mario games.

Did you play it on co-op?

I'm willing to admit my playing it with my gf and other friends in its entirety might have made me blind to any issues I might have detected if I had played it solo, but for me, it was a perfect experience, from start to finish, comparable as I said with those perfect childhood gaming experiences like Yoshi's Island and playing Mario Kart 64 with school buddies on saturdays and then going for ice cream.

Grief.exe

Good morning from Australia, SteamGAF - nice to be back to normality.

Love the SS2 theme, grief - very nice work there mate (matches my desktop wallpaper!).

So, hugely expanded post-sale backlog nonwithstanding...Giana Sisters, thumbs up, right?

13 pages already. Going to be like that is it?

Nice OP Grief.

Thanks!

I'm stalking the Market now. I may be reaching JaseC's levels of obsession with Euro Truck Simulator 2...

Keep on trucking

nexen

Ehh, imho Rayman Origins destroys any modern Mario platformer.
Sure SMB3 and SMW are better, but that's a really high bar.

Ehh, imho Rayman Origins destroys any modern Mario platformer.
Sure SMB3 and SMW are better, but that's a really high bar.

Gameplay wise and the graphics are great. I just get zero out of the characters and style. You just know Rayman would be a real jerk.

Tenrius

Did you play it on co-op?

I'm willing to admit my playing it with my gf and other friends in its entirety might have made me blind to any issues I might have detected if I had played it solo, but for me, it was a perfect experience, from start to finish, comparable as I said with those perfect childhood gaming experiences like Yoshi's Island and playing Mario Kart 64 with school buddies on saturdays and then going for ice cream.

Nah, mostly on my own. I played a bit of co-op with my roommate, too, but he wasn't really up for it (he borrowed my old gamepad instead and played ridiculous amounts of some old basketball game on his laptop, ripping the rubber off one of the sticks in the process, duh).

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have coupons for:

Sniper Elite
No Time to Explain
Europa Universalis III
Rush Bros
Sniper Elite v2
Sanctum
Zeno Clash 2
Revenge of the Titans

Hey man, what is the % off for the Europa Universalis III coupon? I may be interested.

nexen

Gameplay wise and the graphics are great. I just get zero out of the characters and style. You just know Rayman would be a real jerk.

I do admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Rayman series character design but in RO they seem so happy all the time it is hard for me not to like them. Globox in particular is endearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom