• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

ModBot cannot be stopped. There's even a ModBot 3 now:

image.php

I'm dreading the arrival of BishBot.

BishBot.png

?

mrgone

First time I play XCOM in six months and the hunker down hotkey is still broken. I'm getting worried about all the other things that should've been fixed by now :(

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey Steam thread. So during the sale I bought a bunch of cheap games so I could give them away as gifts. Forgive the tardiness, I've been on vacation.

Anyway now with ModBot I have a question. Can I find the keys to my Steam gifts somewhere? I'm not seeing them anywhere in my inventory. Someone help! I have games to give away.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hey Steam thread. So during the sale I bought a bunch of cheap games so I could give them away as gifts. Forgive the tardiness, I've been on vacation.

Anyway now with ModBot I have a question. Can I find the keys to my Steam gifts somewhere? I'm not seeing them anywhere in my inventory. Someone help! I have games to give away.

You have to gift them to yourself and it will email you the codes.

Salsa

made this with grief for the summer sale ot:

MODBOT ALSO WORKS WITH GIFTS THAT ARE NOT KEYS

What this means is that you can send yourself a steam gift through email, and send modbot the GIFT'S URL. Thus you can use it (and it is encouraged) to make giveaways in this very thread during the sales.

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like this: https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL%40gmail.com

Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Salsa

OT, but man for the first time ever I made a google search for SalsaShark excluding GAF and the results are pretty eye opening

from news stories in the escapist, kotaku, shacknews, etc made from posts I made, to this being made and posted in some other forum under the title "NeoGAF Asshole" and some random mentions of me on 4chan:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ue2i3/

iMzv739lUajad.PNG

im proud

Dupy

Ok giving it a shot...
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-6E086D065D6589D2 - Taken by wilflare

Dupy

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV -- MB-2C5A3795606CD6C4 - Taken by Sajjaja

And another...

maty

Great giveaways Dupy!!

Grats wiiflare on being quick to grab Dust. I finished it two days ago, good game and quite impressive that it was done by 1 person.

Dupy

Rules for this Giveaway:

Civilization V -- MB-7FC177616806EE7C - Taken by SmarterUnconscious

More....

Dupy

New problem - I have multiple Steam gifts of the same game and I can't email myself multiple copies of the same game. It's only sending me one.

Any way around this?

Gvaz

Banned
I already had someone gift me super street fighter 4.

It was kind of wasted on me as I don't play fighting games, I'm super terrible at them.

kevin1025

Banned
Man, all these cool giveaways! Thanks to everyone doing them.

Also, does anyone know when Lords of Shadow's price will be added? Or what that price might be? I'm expecting it to be $29.99, thoughts?

Grief.exe

New problem - I have multiple Steam gifts of the same game and I can't email myself multiple copies of the same game. It's only sending me one.

Any way around this?

I think you have to giveaway one of them first before it will let you send again.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Any way around this?
Are you sending them to a gmail account? Add a . to make unique addresses out of the same address. For example:
  • email@gmail.com
  • e.mail@gmail.com
  • em.ail@gmail.com
  • ema.il@gmail.com

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, you were right. Rayman Origins is FANTASTIC. I'm sad I never played past the second stage on Wii, I didn't know what I was missing.

Grief.exe

Is there a friends search function with the Air skin?

Oh yes it's great, I was just surprised that it took so long to find someone who really wanted to hop in the ring. Super's still a damn fine fighting game even if Ultra SF4 is just around the corner.

Well, you can always cheaply upgrade to Ultra from standard 4 when it is released.

Guys, you were right. Rayman Origins is FANTASTIC. I'm sad I never played past the second stage on Wii, I didn't know what I was missing.

It is great. My son has the PS3 version and I'll admit I sneak some time on it. I'd rather have it on steam obviously but hey at least I can still play it.

Dupy

You guys are smart. I used aliases for my Gmail account and got multiple gifts. Thanks!

More gift games incoming...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's such a great playing platformer, runs like butter on everything and the multiplayer is great times. My buds and I picked up and played through about half of it in one sitting one night because we were loving it so much.

maty

Absolutely great game. If you don't have a smile while playing it there is something wrong with you.

I can not wait for Rayman Legends

Also, DAT MUSIC!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It is great. My son has the PS3 version and I'll admit I sneak some time on it. I'd rather have it on steam obviously but hey at least I can still play it.
You're doing a good thing. I'm really enjoying it, either solo or co-op with my sister.

The art is incredible. I don't remember being amazed like this by the Wii version, though I admit I never really gave it a chance.

It's such a great playing platformer, runs like butter on everything and the multiplayer is great times. My buds and I picked up and played through about half of it in one sitting one night because we were loving it so much.
How many players does it support? 2 or 4? I can see myself playing this next time my friends come over to my house.

Absolutely great game. If you don't have a smile while playing it there is something wrong with you.

I can not wait for Rayman Legends

Also, DAT MUSIC!!!
I'm tempted to get Legends day one, but I can't justify it yet given that I've just reached the 2nd world in Origins. But still, I'm determined to beat this game (not 100%, though) and play the sequel someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom