• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I was thinking about this the other day.

The amount of games you already lost because you were not a PSN member in the past don't really make a good case about getting a PS3 now.

So... I dunno...

Are you referring to PS+?

I pick up all the games I want for an average of $5-$7 on Craigslist which is the subscription cost of that service.
And I don't have to worry about redundant games that I already have on PC, or games that I don't want.

HoosTrax

Oh sweet! Looks like Renaud Bedard finally pushed an update to Fez that fixed my corrupted save file. Wasn't looking forward to having to replay 9 hours of gameplay just to get back to the point I was at.

Spiked

Neo Member
I bought and played quite a bit of Zeno Clash II today. It has a very interesting setting even though I'm not too sure what is going on. Unfortunately the combat is pretty clunky but it does feel great when you land a massive uppercut and the weapons have a good feeling to them. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot by not having played through the first one; seems as though they reference it a lot. The first one still hold up?

Freezard

I wonder if Irrational is working on those Rapture assets for Infinite might be the start of an HD version of Bioshock 1

That game hardly needs a graphical update. It's as beautiful as a video game will ever look and I'm happy that they are going back to the roots with the DLC (and hopefully all future BS games plz).

Grief.exe

I could have sworn they said Tuesdays and Thursdays were card days but I can't find the announcement for it at all. Sneaky Valve.

Tuesday and Thursday were the days during Beta, Wednesday became the official day when it was released from Beta.

Now, it is all over the place.

Giran

Valve should retroactively give you cards for the games you already played. /shakesfistatGaben

Seriously. If you have at least 2 hours of playtime in a game that gets cards, they should just dump all your drops in your inventory so we can skip this silly idling.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm just a parrot, but I just ran it for the first time.

Super House of Dead Ninjas is rad.

liezryou

So since nobody answered me before... is chantelise or fortune summoners worth it? I loved recettear but i feel like the other two games don't look up to par.

Acccent

Hm so in Dark Souls, am I supposed to go past the dragon? After I finally (after literally hours) found the Balder Sword, I went back to the bridge to see unexplored areas (namely the lower part of Undead Burg) and I started teasing the dragon "for fun" and
to get the Drake Sword
, and then I actually managed to run past it and activate the Bonfire on the other side, and now the dragon has left? :|

Grief.exe

Hm so in Dark Souls, am I supposed to go past the dragon? After I finally (after literally hours) found the Balder Sword, I went back to the bridge to see unexplored areas (namely the lower part of Undead Burg) and I started teasing the dragon "for fun" and
to get the Drake Sword
, and then I actually managed to run past it and activate the Bonfire on the other side, and now the dragon has left? :|

Keep going.

You got the Balder Swag Sword, that's a great sword.

Unless you've already beaten the Gargoyles.

Acccent

Keep going.

You got the Balder Swag Sword, that's a great sword.

Unless you've already beaten the Gargoyles.

You bet it's great :D

I've beaten them! now I can:
  • Go beat the Capra demon
  • Try to see what the dude with the huge "bone hammer" is guarding at the bottom of the tower before the bridge
  • Go in the Darkroot Garden, I killed the headless lightning-firing statue thing
  • Head towards the Catacombs beyond the Graveyard
  • Continue on the path I just cleared, which the dragon was guarding

All seem like pretty fun choices

Caerith

Putting up another reminder since it's evening time (at least where I'm at).
Oh, thanks, didn't even know this was going on!

Take that, Saj's chances!

I was thinking about this the other day.

The amount of games you already lost because you were not a PSN member in the past don't really make a good case about getting a PS3 now.

So... I dunno...
I picked up a PS3 almost two years ago in some Black Friday bundle (the preferred way to buy consoles) and haven't used PS+ at all.

If you, as a Steam gamer, are on the fence about getting a PS3, I suggest three things:
  1. Wait until Black Friday.
  2. See #1 but pretend it's a flashing gif.
  3. Make a list of all the console-exclusive games that you're interested in. Add them up, and see if you're going to spend more on games than you are on hardware. If so, it's a good deal.
#3 depends on your tastes, but using this metric makes it easy to justify PC + PS3 or PC + Nintendo.

Grief.exe

You bet it's great :D

I've beaten them! now I can:
  • Go beat the Capra demon
  • Try to see what the dude with the huge "bone hammer" is guarding at the bottom of the tower before the bridge
  • Go in the Darkroot Garden, I killed the headless lightning-firing statue thing
  • Head towards the Catacombs beyond the Graveyard
  • Continue on the path I just cleared, which the dragon was guarding

All seem like pretty fun choices

Have you beaten the game before?

Oh, thanks, didn't even know this was going on!

Take that, Saj's chances!

I picked up a PS3 almost two years ago in some Black Friday bundle (the preferred way to buy consoles) and haven't used PS+ at all.

If you, as a Steam gamer, are on the fence about getting a PS3, I suggest three things:
  1. Wait until Black Friday.
  2. See #1 but pretend it's a flashing gif.
  3. Make a list of all the console-exclusive games that you're interested in. Add them up, and see if you're going to spend more on games than you are on hardware. If so, it's a good deal.
#3 depends on your tastes, but using this metric makes it easy to justify PC + PS3 or PC + Nintendo.

If this generation is any indication, I'm willing to bet that all the best games for PS3 will come out for PS4 as HD/Enhanced versions. I strongly considered getting a PS3, but at its current price it's too much for a 7 year old console.

Grief.exe

Black Friday PS3 bundles are going to be insane this year.

Retail chains are going to look to completely liquidate PS3 stock since the PS4 will have been released.

Hopefully they still have some Slims left.

If this generation is any indication, I'm willing to bet that all the best games for PS3 will come out for PS4 as HD/Enhanced versions. I strongly considered getting a PS3, but at its current price it's too much for a 7 year old console.

I won't even consider a next-gen console until about 2015/2016. There just won't be enough compelling exclusives to convince me to drop the money.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I won't even consider a next-gen console until about 2015/2016. There just won't be enough compelling exclusives to convince me to drop the money.

Hell, there aren't even enough compelling exclusives to make me pick up a PS3 or 360 now.

Grief.exe

Nope. I've played like 3/4 levels of Demon's Souls, that's all.

Don't read anymore guides. Just play the game, enjoy the experience.

If you get stuck on a boss, you can look up a quick guide, but do not look up where to go next. Ruins the overall experience.

Hell, there aren't even enough compelling exclusives to make me pick up a PS3 or 360 now.

Sony has definitely swayed me, they have some compelling exclusives on the PS3. I've also picked up some console exclusive games like Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, and MGS Legacy Collection. The latter has a good chance of popping up on PC eventually.

Probably going to buy in on Black Friday or some other deep discount for $120-$150.

Caerith

There are still a lot of PS2 games that never made it to PSN/PS3. Nocturne, FES, and Raidou Kuzunoha come immediately to mind.

It's admittedly slim compared to the PS2's library, but for me it was Demon's Souls, Dragon's Crown, and little stuff like Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Final Fantasy XIII.

Acccent

Don't read anymore guides. Just play the game, enjoy the experience.

If you get stuck on a boss, you can look up a quick guide, but do not look up where to go next. Ruins the overall experience.

Oh yeah that's what I've been doing and will continue to do, I was just wondering if I'd found a "glitch" and had landed in a place that I wasn't supposed to see yet...

Anyway, I'll try one of my other options tomorrow :p Have a great day/night yall

Crayons

Banned
There are still a lot of PS2 games that never made it to PSN/PS3. Nocturne, FES, and Raidou Kuzunoha come immediately to mind.

It's admittedly slim compared to the PS2's library, but for me it was Demon's Souls, Dragon's Crown, and little stuff like Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Final Fantasy XIII.

P3:FES? Pretty sure that's on PSN.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think 2K missed a huge opportunity by not including some kind of mutliplayer in The Bureau.

Some kind of horde-mode or co-op where you could play the different classes from the game.
Maybe even have one guy as squad leader, who can slow down time, and coordinate the teams movements through in-game options and over voice chat.
I'm grateful they didn't waste their time.

Campaign co-op or co-op campaigns or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom