• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I like Google Translate. Google Translate doesn't like me.
The downside is that often the game can be somewhat frustrating fuck you so-called "rage quitter".

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-D9F43094ADC5499B - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Sherlock Holmes The Awakened -- MB-EFCFF1846100F586 - Taken by statham

Just like to say they're both fun games!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Haha, holy shit. :p Either my personal Norwegian writing skills are shit or Google Translate is shit. :p
It's Google. :p

In other news; I'm not really a MP kinda guy but great Scott, Awesomenauts is awesome!
I've played and loved the game on PS3, but the PC version is clearly superior. It feels like a sequel, so much more content. :/
Another big thanks to Pandemic, whom gifted me the game. :)

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-A720C8B034929E97 - Taken by The_Monk
Aura: Fate of the Ages #2 -- MB-74EA580A44F83D48 - Taken by Catshade
Aura: Fate of the Ages #3 -- MB-5FD4CF1D9C827935 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Aura: Fate of the Ages #4 -- MB-06A9AA60DDE5D0DE - Taken by ChapaNDJ
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children -- MB-BC842083E63B89F1 - Taken by MrTeachwell
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children #2 -- MB-B1745F0548FBCA38 - Taken by Atraveller
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children #3 -- MB-D9073D364A29DF43 - Taken by Turfster
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children #4 -- MB-3976BA13EB939057 - Taken by Fare Godmace
eXceed 2nd: Vampire REX -- MB-8C1C3E0002BE2EC1 - Taken by catabarez
eXceed 2nd: Vampire REX #2 -- MB-E09205BE42B6AB82 - Taken by Ben652
eXceed 2nd: Vampire REX #3 -- MB-E0E2C8F4790165D6 - Taken by Darkroronoa
eXceed 2nd: Vampire REX #4 -- MB-16AB3FA9930D3C3A - Taken by Archie
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package -- MB-2B785698C436ECA4 - Taken by SSPssp - Taken by grindamasta
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package #2 -- MB-8A20CE429701EDEC - Taken by RionaaM
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package #3 -- MB-0E6C5A9465BC7DF3 - Taken by Crayons
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package #4 -- MB-01F5409D2933452A - Taken by Dice
Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-CA57A30C5ADDF4C8 - Taken by Dingotech
Hydrophobia: Prophecy #2 -- MB-D6C30276F55C2347 - Taken by DirtRiver
Hydrophobia: Prophecy #3 -- MB-0A78972A359552EA - Taken by XShagrath
Hydrophobia: Prophecy #4 -- MB-E92F294894C38CD9 - Taken by bobnowhere
Painkiller: Recurring Evil -- MB-6B02B41843271490 - Taken by fantomena
Painkiller: Recurring Evil #2 -- MB-8D9E214058496AAE - Taken by Kuroyume
Painkiller: Recurring Evil #3 -- MB-B779DD24194FAA6C - Taken by GasProblem
Painkiller: Recurring Evil #4 -- MB-1F66493B87F5B0CB - Taken by SinineSiil
Sacraboar -- MB-0D5687EC42E4D402 - Taken by Wok
Sacraboar #2 -- MB-615220879C8F7F9D - Taken by Aitor
Sacraboar #3 -- MB-C39F1764F83DC021
Sacraboar #4 -- MB-6786CF674CE0C505 - Taken by greendomo's ghost
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-8B48C3ACDC763512 - Taken by liezryou
Space Pirates and Zombies #2 -- MB-5E1DF1565C762C1A - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Space Pirates and Zombies #3 -- MB-D36FCFD6D84605C7 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Space Pirates and Zombies #4 -- MB-5C56C8E770042522 - Taken by Last Baron
Trainz Simulator 12 Plus Aerotrain & Coronation Scot DLC -- MB-7352CDE7A41FB399 - Taken by The Super Bob
Trainz Simulator 12 Plus Aerotrain & Coronation Scot DLC #2 -- MB-1041B5676BD69D60 - Taken by creamsugar
Trainz Simulator 12 Plus Aerotrain & Coronation Scot DLC #3 -- MB-A3E5A830D1C5522C - Taken by Maxwood
Trainz Simulator 12 Plus Aerotrain & Coronation Scot DLC #4 -- MB-12E6ED37B3CD6B05 - Taken by nacimento

Bought a second Indie Gala Summertide bundle during Happy Hour to see how it worked (don't laugh XD), with the intention of giving the keys away, so have fun.
Oh, and I put the two Trainz Simulator 12 DLCs together with the main game (so those should be 3 keys), hopefully I did it right and it works OK.

Maxwood

Thanks for Trainz 2012, Lain! I've been really curious about that game for a long while. :D
Really liked Microsoft Train Simulator.

Huge list of games, looks pwetty!

Thanks Lain (is that name inspired by Serial Experiments Lain by any chance?)

I always wanted to try a bullet hell game, I'm sure I'll suck as much as I imagined.

Also I've heard decent things about Hydrophobia if anyone is interested.

Dingotech

Thanks for Hydrophobia Lain.

The game has always interested me but I've never been bothered to spend the cash on it.

Now I can decide if it's awful for myself, lol.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, who cares? No offense but that price is more than reasonable for Reus. It's like whoever said "Dunder sells it for cheaper" when Salsa had copies left from a Skullgilrs 4-pack. It's a great game and a great price, if you care more about paying the absolute minimum amount than actually playing the game and supporting the devs, you can just pirate it.

(again this isn't against you personally wilflare, it's not directed at anyone in particular)
If he's asking, I think he does care. It's not like people who say "Dunder sells it for cheaper" out of the blue at all, because that's uncalled for. But when someone asks what's the cheapest price for a certain game, then it is completely correct that they are directed to Dunder.

Your comment about piracy is also completely stupid, and I won't get into that argument (unless you want me too, but I believe it to be male cow poop).

Bought a second Indie Gala Summertide bundle during Happy Hour to see how it worked (don't laugh XD), with the intention of giving the keys away, so have fun.
Oh, and I put the two Trainz Simulator 12 DLCs together with the main game (so those should be 3 keys), hopefully I did it right and it works OK.

Thanks for the free Steam cards eXceed: Gun Children!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot man, that's a great giveaway! I picked up eXceed 3, after being told that it was a good game to get into the bullet hell genre.

I still haven't downloaded Touhou: Shoot the Bullet (which is free), but I should do it too. And I managed to get to the final stage in Jamestown a couple of days ago, but it's too hard for me.

I was kinda disappointed by Reus. The gameplay is rather samey and the fucking desert tribes keep waging war on other tribes, which gets old really quickly...
The fact that every session is time limited didn't help either.

That's really the only part that bothers me, although its a little better now that I unlocked 90 min mode.

It's a run little game IMO

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Thanks!

Ledsen

My Cloudberry Kingdom review: http://fantomena.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/anmeldelse-cloudberry-kingdom/

Since I bet many here don't speak or read Norwegian, here is a Google Translate in action: LINK!

I see many words are translated shitty, and you won't understand, but I gave it 6.5/10.

your review said:
The downside is that often the game can be somewhat frustrating fuck you so-called "rage quitter".

your review said:
Cloudberry Kingdom is essentially a difficult and entertaining game, but it's bad to be repetitive, monotonous and have a bad sound and music.

This is great

Jag är svensk men valde ändå att läsa på Google Translate (roligare)

Acccent

If he's asking, I think he does care. It's not like people who say "Dunder sells it for cheaper" out of the blue at all, because that's uncalled for. But when someone asks what's the cheapest price for a certain game, then it is completely correct that they are directed to Dunder.

What I mean is, if someone is pointing out that Game X is $5 on a site (instead of, say, $20), and everyone seems to agree that it's a good enough game that if you're interested in the concept you should get it, and it being on sale is out of the ordinary (ie not Borderlands 2), then imo either you can afford it and you go for it, or you can't - and if you can't then of course, saying "aw man, does anyone know if it's selling for $2 anywhere, I can't afford spending more than that" if totally fair, but what I see is "I want the game, I can afford it, I want to pay for it BUT I definitely want to pay the absolute minimum amount."

I often get the impression that when someone talks about a price reduction for a game, that causes sudden interest in that game and people start to look for ways to get it even cheaper, as if the value of the game was how much you saved when buying it instead of the game itself.

My comment re. piracy was obviously stupid yes, it's a complicated matter, but what I'm saying is if Game X is at 75% off, it's already selling at a way lower price than what the developer thinks it's worth, so if even that is too much for you and you have to seek better discounts for the heck of it, then getting a pirated copy isn't too far off. I mean people buy the games thinking 'well I'm helping the developers, I didn't pirate it' but if you went out of your way to get it for 10% of its normal price, then you aren't helping much more than if you'd just pirated it, there's a bit of self-delusion going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom