• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What kind of game is it? Like a point an click adventure/horror game like Scratches? Cause scratches was freaking AMAZING!

Anna is a puzzler like it with point and click esque puzzles but the movement is full 3D FPS style. It's not entirely horror though it can be unsettling at times, I guess it depends on what scares you.

I will say that Extended Edition is very, very improved from the janky flaccid original which was plagued with so many bad decisions and unpolished assets it felt like a sick joke. It's now a far more complete game with several new rooms and entirely reworked puzzles and story save a few voice clips heard. You'd not even know it was the same game if it didn't share the 3 base hub rooms. If you can get it for a fiver I can recommend it. It's not the best but, where it is now is worth playing I feel.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed.

You should only be taking games that you intend to play.
Don't just take games because you hope they are going to get trading cards in the furure or to pad your library. Bad form.
And if by some reason you do that, don't be silly and come tell us. You'll probably be skipped next time there's a non-lurkers giveaway.

The_Monk

What kind of game is it? Like a point an click adventure/horror game like Scratches? Cause scratches was freaking AMAZING!

I think I missed a deal last year in the Winter Sale with Scratches so I can't really tell fellow GAFfer.

It is indeed a Point & Click game but I'm not too sure about Horror. I mean, you can find some horror elements in the game but do not expect a scary adventure, at all. Some Puzzles are interesting and you have up to 3 different ways of finishing the game so it's always good to come back for more in case you liked the game.

Regarding what they added with "Extended Edition" I'm not sure what they added, I think I have an idea but it's kinda a spoiler and I'm not really sure so I'm not saying nothing about that. :p

Ok, thanks. Total Biscuit.

Considering it is a fighter where you expect a decent standard of fps by default it looks ok judging by these options:

BONq6_eCMAAQRUJ.png

You couldn't pay me to play MK9 for any period of time, but I'll still probably get it to support fighting games on steam. I'd expect some pretty funny mods to show up at some stage too.

dot

Ok, thanks. Total Biscuit.

Considering it is a fighter...where you expect a decent standard of fps by default it looks ok judging by this:

BONq6_eCMAAQRUJ.png

You couldn't pay me to play MK9 for any period of time, but I'll still probably get it to support fighting games on steam. I'd expect some pretty funny mods to show up at some stage too.

Oh wow, the port actually doesn't suck? Let's hope the netcode is good.

Definitely double dipping on this in the near future.

Megasoum

Banned
Bah, I just can't stand people who build a career on bitching and disliking everything.

TB is just a prominent exemple of that.

Btw anybody having trouble with card drops? I've had defender's quest open for a few hours now and there is nothing doing. My badges screen still shows 3 drops available.

Grief.exe

So is the Baldur's Gate HD version worth getting on Steam? The issues were cleared up for the most part, no?

It seems that they patched it up to be equal to their Beamdog version. They did say that Atari was in charge of future patching though.

Beamdog is currently having a dispute with the new licence holder so future patches, BGII:EE, and BGIII are on hold for now.

Btw anybody having trouble with card drops? I've had defender's quest open for a few hours now and there is nothing doing. My badges screen still shows 3 drops available.

Restart Steam, restart the game. Usually the latter is all you need.

smr00

Banned
Yea cause who cares about that? AMIRITE?
I can honestly say that i don't care.

I didn't even know about the POV stuff until i started watching TB and found it completely ridiculous how he played Gunslinger with that POV, the standard POV looked better then what he had it on his WTF video.

Megasoum

Banned

I didn't even know about the POV stuff until i started watching TB and found it completely ridiculous how he played Gunslinger with that POV, the standard POV looked better then what he had it on his WTF video.

Yeah, I can understand why people want to have that setting but it never mattered for me. Actually I always thought it looked weird when you increase the FOV.

Grief.exe

Yeah, I can understand why people want to have that setting but it never mattered for me. Actually I always thought it looked weird when you increase the FOV.

Its because you don't get physically sick at low FOVs.

I personally do and it causes motion sickness for many people. That is why having an FOV slider or an ini option is so important.

denx

It's cool that you don't care, but narrow FOV is a legitimate issue to a lot of people. So good on TB for bringing that up.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Do you guys think Dust will get a bigger price drop than 50% once the sale starts?

The midweek deal for it makes me really tempted to get it, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to wait or not.

Megasoum

Banned

I personally do and it causes motion sickness for many people. That is why having an FOV slider or an ini option is so important.

Sure, like I said, I know it's important for some people. Dunno why, guess I'm immune to that.

Would I enjoy this game if I loved Dragon Age Origins?

Sort of depends on why you like DAO.

If you liked the combat and customisation options you'll love BG1 more especially if you wanted even more depth. On the other hand, if you loved the story and characters? You'll find BG1 a very hard slog...but will later go nuts over BG2 if you push through.

denx

Do you guys think Dust will get a bigger price drop than 50% once the sale starts?

The midweek deal for it makes me really tempted to get it, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to wait or not.

Dust came out recently on Steam, so I'd say it's highly unlikely. If you really want to play it, you should buy it now, I think.

smr00

Banned
It's cool that you don't care, but narrow FOV is a legitimate issue to a lot of people. So good on TB for bringing that up.
Don't get me wrong i am glad it has options for people who want it or need it.

It just personally doesn't really effect me but you have to understand i come from like 25 years old console gaming and not PC gaming, although i did play diablo 1 and 2 back in the day i was never a PC gamer, not until now. I don't even understand 99% of the advanced settings in games i just either auto-set it or max it out and go. Long as i can play the game and enjoy it everything else doesn't really matter to me but i totally get why people need it because they get sick. I remember my friend being super bummed that he couldn't get into Dead Island when it first came out because it gave him motion sickness.

Totally understand where you are coming from.

I am completely ignorant when it comes to what any of the settings do. I didn't know what FOV even meant till like 2 months ago and i still don't understand the difference between MSAA/CSAA/QCSAA(?) I kind of understand what anti-aliasing is but i just install and go.

cue the 'my heart works fine' .jpg

Mordeccai

Salsa.... That Nick Cage gif made me laugh out loud so damn hard on the bus. Thank you for making me look like a maniacal jackass.

bookmarked that shiz

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's just an innocent get together between the best father ever and the best mother ever, from two different indie games. That I apparently unintentionally made into what could be construed as a dirty avatar....

Biggs from Critter Crunch
momma from Offspring Fling!

(both of those trailers are amazing)
I thought the [weird thing #1] was wearing a [weird thing #2] costume and had taken off the hoodie/mask.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I see what sm00 is getting at, even if FOV bothers me like crazy I have had a long history with the PC. Though there was a period where I primarily console game'd and was able to play Borderlands even at its sickeningly low FOV on my 360 without noticing how bad it was.

If you ask morningbus, he'd say it was because I was in a boredom-induced coma. Once I went back to PC gaming primarily again I couldn't bear to play anymore because I couldn't unsee how fucked it was.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I laughed more than I should have. I'm afraid something may be very wrong with me.

EDIT: read it once more and laughed again. If only there wasn't another post between them, it would have been perfect.

Its internet law that Wrex must follow Shepard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom