• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sent me a key for WM, then someone else sent me a key for a bundle. So it just happened that I got two keys for that game, I had already redeemed the first key by the time I got the second.

I should probably just stop.

The only mistake I see you making was trying to trade it off, if you got two by accident. That was a dick move when you got everything for free.

HoosTrax

Also, on the subject at hand -- Taking keys you intend to use as trade barter instead of keeping for yourself = blacklisted in my book. Inform the person who sent you the second key so they can give it to someone else who will play it.

legacyzero

Banned
That means that there are two kind fellow GAFfers. You could also be a kind one and keep the kindness going, also legacyzero is a great GAFfer.

Monk has my back!

iby2kA8xC9AjTG.gif

I also have a spare key for Nightsky. First to quote will receive it.

Although I don't really know why would you guys do that, the game is rubbish.

Overdoziz

Banned
Crayon Physics?
I just found out that this game does not like it if you draw a shitload of lines all over the screen.
Also, I've seen about a million free flash games on the internet that are basically the same thing. See that with a lot of indie games, though.

73V3N

Banned
Someone sent me a key for WM, then someone else sent me a key for a bundle. So it just happened that I got two keys for that game, I had already redeemed the first key by the time I got the second.

I should probably just stop.

I saw that, i understand you didn't know how steam worked (as you were trying to trade some used keys) so it's ok, I don't judge you.

But if you get something for free and then you realize you don't want it/need it, you can give it to someone that actually wants/needs it.

basically, what SteveWinwood said.

Grief.exe

Darkspore is available for purchase on Steam again.

Also, on the subject at hand -- Taking keys you intend to use as trade barter instead of keeping for yourself = blacklisted in my book. Inform the person who sent you the second key so they can give it to someone else who will play it.

Agreed.

You should only be taking games that you intend to play.
Don't just take games because you hope they are going to get trading cards in the furure or to pad your library. Bad form.

iY6MiIXFIFjwh.jpg

HoosTrax

I also have a spare key for Nightsky. First to quote will receive it.

Although I don't really know why would you guys do that, the game is rubbish.
I didn't really care for it either. Maybe it has some sort of spectacular revelation at the end (I wouldn't know), but from what I played of it, it lacked an interesting personality/character to it. You're a giant black marble taking a stroll on the beach or something.

Although, it wasn't quite as short-lived for me as Hammerfight, which probably remains to date the Humble Bundle game I played for the shortest time before tossing it aside. Felt like the kind of game made for Wiimote or touch or something.

73V3N

Banned
Broken Sword please?

EDIT: i'm late; can i have euforia? you can give it to deadlyvirus.

Eufloria?

I gave it to 73V3N as his consolation prize, but he's free to do what he wants with it :)

I will PM him now :D

@deadlyvirus and S3V3N

Hoos sent me the Eufloria key, but I think it was meant for deadly? ;) I thought it was a bit strange so I didn't use it yet.

Yeah I got things mixed up among the morass of messages -- deadlyvirus was the one meant to get it if S3V3N decides not to keep it. I just got a torrent of PMs and couldn't sort it out.

73V3N gave it to me

If you haven't used it yet, feel free to use it Dawg.

Relax, it's not the end f the world xD

Edit: This just got confusing

this made me laugh.

Ezra2680

Don't know if anyone uses Desura, but quote this for some humble bundle keys

Humble Bundle 2

Humble Bundle 3

Frozen Synapse Bundle

Frozenbyte Bundle

Cards you trade/buy to increase your virtual steam e-peen. It's pretty kewl.
Oh.

And I feel like a dick. I didn't know how trading worked. I thought you could trade or gift any game in your library. I didn't know that only applied to games in your inventory. I didn't even know what the inventory was for. I had hoped to trade and gift games that I wouldn't play to people who wanted them and I redeemed them :(

Now I know better.

Grief.exe

Oh.

And I feel like a dick. I didn't know how trading worked. I thought you could trade or gift any game in your library. I didn't know that only applied to games in your inventory. I didn't even know what the inventory was for. I had hoped to trade and gift games that I wouldn't play to people who wanted them and I redeemed them :(

Now I know better.

Steam might be working on a lending system for items in your library for the future.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595606

Eventually this could escalate into giving a licence to another person.

legacyzero

Banned
Oh.

Now I know better.

It just means.......... YOU'RE A HOARDER!! :p

kafiend

Have some keys - don't hoard the fucking things!

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Eufloria

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Cogs

Swords & Soldiers HD

Avadon: The Black Fortress

Nightsky

Waking Mars

Frozen Synapse

Humble Frozenbyte Bundle

I didn't really care for it either. Maybe it has some sort of spectacular revelation at the end (I wouldn't know), but from what I played of it, it lacked an interesting personality/character to it. You're a giant black marble taking a stroll on the beach or something.

Although, it wasn't quite as short-lived for me as Hammerfight, which probably remains to date the Humble Bundle game I played for the shortest time before tossing it aside. Felt like the kind of game made for Wiimote or touch or something.
Hammerfight is nice, once you tweak the mouse sensitivity. I had fun with it.
But Nightsky is really bland. Perhaps I'll try it out on my Android phone, maybe the controls will change my opinion a bit.

Grief.exe

I wish the early Humble Bundles had given out individual keys instead of the whole set.

Now I'm stuck with some weird games in my library.

Better delete my account.

Probably not the best place to ask it but I bet someone knows the answer, so I popped my Mortal Kombat key into Steam as it's now the 3rd in the UK (release date). When I put it in Steam came back with a message along the lines of 'This game is already linked with this account'.

Is that just because the game isn't up yet, or something else?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest watching the Quick Look if you want an idea of how the game plays. It's part metroidvania, part crazy 2D brawler, and all amazing art, animation, voice acting, and music.
It does look interesting, yes. I'm picking it up then along with the Duke Nukem platformer pack. Best thing of all? Thanks to the cards money I don't have to put a single cent.

I still regret not selling my Runner 2 card for $7. But I should stop thinking about that, what's done (or actually, what's not done) is done.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I feel like a little fish surrounded by a bunch of snapping piranhas...

I've never gotten a key from this thread :(.

he might be....one of us.
Ironically I didn't want to be a hoarder. I don't have a credit card or Paypal. So I can't get Bundles or sales or games whenever I want. I must rely on Wallet cards. I have $50 dollars ready for the Summer Sale and that's it. So actually I have to be very selective about what games I get.

Mordeccai

Keys. You guys know the drill -- first to quote or reply (in this thread; don't PM spam me :p) gets it:

Atom Zombie Smasher
Aquaria
Nightsky

---

Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Frozen Synapse
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2
Eufloria

Anything that's not claimed by the end of the night I'll open up for teh lurkers.

Aquaria would make my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom