• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really terrible--someone gifted me Skyward Collapse and I accepted it without noting who it was who gifted it to me and now I found out you can't look up who gifted you what? I think it was toddhunter (and if no one replies taking credit for it he's the one I'll be thanking) but if it wasn't toddhunter, please speak up so I can thank you :p

That one was me.

I'm out of gifts for the moment, but if I missed anybody who contributes a lot to the great steam threads I'm sorry and it is still appreciated. Will get you next time!

Has anyone played Infested Planet? I enjoy tower defense and tactical strategy but I only have $50 to spend so any purchase is a long debate/process for me.

How much do games get discounted during the Steam sale? It's going to my first one so I don't know what to expect. The main games I want to get are Gunpoint (9.99), Don't Starve (14.99), and Incredipede (9.99), and want to least have enough $$ left for some other future purchase. So if I get Infested Planet and then those games, I'd have at the very least $4 left. That would be without discounts. Is it likely that those games would even get discounted in the sale?

(This is what I do every time I buy a game)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Unless it is brand spanking new, any indie game has a high possibility of going 75% off, if not more.

Ionic

Because no fps drops during an xray moves is totally the most important box to check for a fighting game port.

TB is a pile of wank.

To be fair, he was responding to somebody who specifically asked about the framerate during the xray moves. There's plenty of stuff to hate about TB, but getting annoyed at his responses to specific Twitter questions on the performance of a video game is a pretty silly one. I would like to see somebody else with a prerelease copy get in contact with him so they can report on the quality of the netcode though, but given the apparent quality of the port so far, I'm in good spirits.

Grief.exe

Has anyone played Infested Planet? I enjoy tower defense and tactical strategy but I only have $50 to spend so any purchase is a long debate/process for me.

How much do games get discounted during the Steam sale? It's going to my first one so I don't know what to expect. The main games I want to get are Gunpoint (9.99), Don't Starve (14.99), and Incredipede (9.99), and want to least have enough $$ left for some other future purchase. So if I get Infested Planet and then those games, I'd have at the very least $4 left. That would be without discounts. Is it likely that those games would even get discounted in the sale?

Steam will discount games between 50-75%. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but usually in that range.

If you wait for the sale you should be able to pick up all three of those games for less than $20.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow to be able to play Mortal Kombat.
9Ef0QDd.png

denx

From that list, I can only see Incredipede going on a -66% or even -75% discount. Gunpoint is very recent so It will most likely go at -33%, although it has chances of being discounted at -50%. Don't Starve will most likely be at -50%, but it also has chances of going up to -66% (-75% highly unlikely). Those are my weatherman predictions.

Dice

Weird thing is it doesn't show up on the games list as an uninstalled game. If it doesn't show up tomorrow after the flip, you do the product activation thing again and it will say product already owned and try the install again. I assume if it is installed it will show up in the games list. :p

Steam will discount games between 50-75%. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but usually in that range.

If you wait for the sale you should be able to pick up all three of those games for less than $20.
50-75%? Wow, that's impressive. I'm used to XBLA and PSN's 15%....

So hypothetically if those games were 50% and I get IP at its current discounted price, I'd have $20 left....that's a lot more $$ saved than I anticipated.

From your experience, are Early Access games worth the risk? The dev say the game is near complete but still...

I've never been part of a beta before

ChapaNDJ

Banned
A VPN should help you out there my man.
Which one?. I think the game hasn't been released anywhere.
Also i'm afraid to use VPN. :p
Yep Chapa. Same :( If you go to your account details you'll see that you own it though

Weird thing is it doesn't show up on the games list as an uninstalled game. If it doesn't show up tomorrow after the flip, you do the product activation thing again and it will say product already owned and try the install again. I assume if it is installed it will show up in the games list. :p

Yep, its there.
Oh well, lets hope Gaben wakes up early.

Dice

So hypothetically if those games were 50% and I get IP at its current discounted price, I'd have $20 left....that's a lot more $$ saved than I anticipated.
Since you are so new you probably don't know the golden rule: Wait for the daily deals.

In a Steam sale for Summer/Autumn/Christmas, they often have a sale price on loads of games that is quite good (say 50% off) that lasts the entire sale, but then for one day of the sale a game will get a daily deal where it is even better (75% off but can even be 90% off) so it is best to wait and look for daily deals on the games you want, and then on the last day of the sale buy whatever is left if not all of them got a daily deal.

Gvaz

Banned
i just bought Baldur's Gate for selling virtual cards I don't give a fuck about and tf2 items for a game i never play. Neat.

Since you are so new you probably don't know the golden rule: Wait for the daily deals.

In a Steam sale for Summer/Autumn/Christmas, they often have a sale price on loads of games that is quite good (say 50% off) that lasts the entire sale, but then for one day of the sale a game will get a daily deal where it is even better (75% off but can even be 90% off) so it is best to wait and look for daily deals on the games you want, and then on the last day of the sale buy whatever is left if not all of them got a daily deal.
Good to know, because I would have seen 50% or something and bought. And then be pissed when a daily deal happened.

Grief.exe

From your experience, are Early Access games worth the risk? The dev say the game is near complete but still...

I've never been part of a beta before

lol consoles

Welcome to an open platform with some pretty heavy price competition

ibtQ6ihSimbCK6.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah no kidding..it annoys me so much that Farcry 3 is before Farcry 1 or Tomb Raider before all the other ones in the franchise.
This is a little pet peeve of mine. I mean, look at this shit. Just look at it!

PCgIxwA.jpg

(combo: 2 franchises in one pic)

MhMmVCj.jpg

(Human Revolution is actually a prequel, but I don't care. If it came later, it should be after the others. Or if it's meant to be set in chronological order, at the very beginning)

JkubOd1.jpg

(Hitman Contracts -the third- isn't on Steam, so that's why it's missing. Also check the Hector episodes, if you can tell me which is which you get a prize)

AvtjvEH.jpg

(the 2008 game is a separate storyline, so I don't count it as #4)

8VIGhNz.jpg

(not too bad compared to other franchises, but still not right)

WbH6MMm.jpg

(this is so, SO fucked up that I don't know where to start critizicing it)

p7veBPb.jpg

(short and to the point: there's only 2 games, and they still managed to screw the order up)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Should I get Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition since it's on sale, or skip to Baldur's Gate II immediately?

I've never played either

metalshade

Which one?. I think the game hasn't been released anywhere.
Also i'm afraid to use VPN. :p

As I said above, Tunnelbear and Spotflux have been good choices whenever I needed to in the past.
Have a look on a world clock online or something, there might be somewhere far enough ahead in time to unlock it, I don't know myself.

VPN is easy.
1. Exit Steam.
2. Start VPN program.
3. Open Steam and start your install / Start playing.
4. Close VPN program whilst DLing / installing. (If I remember right. it shouldn't impact your DL.)

Also, so everyone is aware, those GMG codes don't apply to games that give you cashback / credit. They never have.
The codes work fine for other stuff though, just not cashback / credit games.

Carm

9Ef0QDd.png

Is the game even showing up in anyones game list after using the key? I didn't try to install the game after using the key and the game is no where in my games list.

Edit: Nvm I see some have already said it's not showing up in their games lists. Such a wierd release not even being on Steam yet we have keys for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom