• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

The client's UI is pretty old and I wouldn't mind it being as spiffed up as BPM's. Font size selection and group management are the big things, I think, but I also wouldn't mind a DLC turn-on/turn-off checklist thingy for some games.

Looks... dated? Are you sure you aren't just saying that because it hasn't changed for a while? You can download a custom skin if you aren't happy with the way it looks.

And don't forget that they recently released big picture mode. That was sort of a big deal.

Don't the skins get broken if an update is made?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sure, but if something is a bug that only shows up with certain configurations, does that mean those configurations are wrong, or that Valve has a bug? Some bugs are very difficult to reliably reproduce.

I wanted to include this earlier as related but it took me ages to find the link.
wuwkuytqik1n.png

I understand your point and this conversation is very much like when you see people defending GFWL.

I'm just not sure how you expect Valve to fix a problem that you can't even reproduce reliably. It's not like "my library view randomly switches to a different view" is as endemic as GFWL save bug issues.

When this discussion pops up it seems like people misinterpret "the client is fine" as "the client is flawless." Of course it can be improved, but randomly shouting "be better" at the wall isn't going to improve things. Even suggestions of "be snappier and less sluggish" are pretty useless ultimately. On the flip side, I'm sure they'd love if you emailed them specific findings of a problem you had, with conditions for when the problem seems to occur.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Quote with the key(s) you want PM'd do you:

Aquaria
Dynamite Jack
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Fractal
Tidalis
Vessel

Grief.exe

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition removed from sale, and its sequel can't be put up either. Seems something to do with Atari.

Interestingly enough, its still for sale on Steam. I had heard that Atari pulled a fast one and just threw a build up for sale on Steam without consulting Beamdog.

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition has been removed from sale on Beamdog’s Store and the App Store, and in a post on its website, Beamdog boss Trent Oster said the sequel can’t be released at present.

“We are unable to discuss details of the complex legal matters surrounding this issue at this time. Please be aware that we are extremely unhappy with the situation and are doing our best to work past it. We have put a lot of hard work into this series, and are eager for fans to see it,” the company wrote.

“Unfortunately, we cannot offer the game for sale until all issues with our publishing partner have been resolved. We do not have a specific date for when the game will be available again.

“We have been developing Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition for some time now, but until all issues with our publishing partner are resolved we cannot officially announce or offer this game for sale. This has resulted in significant amounts of wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the development team.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/bal...ition-pulled-sequel-and-android-port-on-hold/

morningbus

Where do I find the Steam key for Witcher 2? It isn't showing up when I select the game from my shelf.

Edit: It's not in the email they sent me either. =/

I actually redeemed physical copies of witcher and witcher 2 on gog but I own steam copies as well so in reality I have 3 copies of each game if I were to give my steam codes to anyone would there be any harm?

Grief.exe

I actually redeemed physical copies of witcher and witcher 2 on gog but I own steam copies as well so in reality I have 3 copies of each game if I were to give my steam codes to anyone would there be any harm?

No, people have done this before

I want Miasmata, but I want it on steam.

Must be strong...for the steam summer sales.

Miasmata looks like an amazing experience, I've had it on my wishlist for awhile.

The only thing is they still haven't fixed all of the achievements yet.

morningbus

I want to buy The Don't Starve for 33% off for a friend but this site is not trusted in the OP, any idea?

My bank flagged the site as potential fraud and I still can't find my Steam key, so I'm not so sure about it now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Off the top of my head atm,

-Sorting games in the library. Categories are half busted and tedious.
-The ability to play games without downloading every piece of DLC. FEAR is a 17GB download because you need to download all the DLC to even play the base game.
To play devil's advocate, F.E.A.R.'s expansions are great and you should play them anyway, even if they are non-canon now.

Blizzard

Banned
My bank flagged the site as potential fraud and I still can't find my Steam key, so I'm not so sure about it now.
Just in case anyone who isn't familiar with morningbus's posts gets confused, this is presumably a weird referential injoke (and similarly with xelios etc.).

But maybe I'm wrong. Like phantomspiker, I really don't know these days. I've never heard of a fraud flag with GoG but maybe I've naive.

How soon does Steam typically put up potential launch discounts for upcoming games? I ask because Mortal Kombat is coming out July 3rd and GMG has a coupon deal until Friday that would net it for $22.50 while Steam doesn't even have it listed as an upcoming game on their store yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I want to buy The Don't Starve for 33% off for a friend but this site is not trusted in the OP, any idea?
Oh, I get it now. I didn't know why Morningbus was acting that way, until I realized that GOG has nothing to do with Steam.

Grief.exe

How soon does Steam typically put up potential launch discounts for upcoming games? I ask because Mortal Kombat is coming out July 3rd and GMG has a coupon deal until Friday that would net it for $22.50 while Steam doesn't even have it listed as an upcoming game on their store yet.

Steam won't even get close to that discount.

Just in case anyone who isn't familiar with morningbus's posts gets confused, this is presumably a weird referential injoke (and similarly with xelios etc.).

But maybe I'm wrong. Like phantomspiker, I really don't know these days. I've never heard of a fraud flag with GoG but maybe I've naive.

In the back of my mind I was thinking those guys have been around way too long to be asking those kind of questions.

theytookourjobz

Yes you may gift me TW2 on Steam.

And is that combat rebalance coming tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom