• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just in case anyone who isn't familiar with morningbus's posts gets confused, this is presumably a weird referential injoke (and similarly with xelios etc.).

But maybe I'm wrong. Like phantomspiker, I really don't know these days. I've never heard of a fraud flag with GoG but maybe I've naive.

It's not an isolated issue. From the Gog thread:

Hmmm my bank flagged my purchase as possibly fraud. I've bought from them before. Odd.

Feeling a lot less confident with my purchase now. I wish there was a way to know how legit a site is and if they'll give you a Steam key.

Just throwing it out there, but if anyone wants a trading card beta I can hook you up.

Also, Rogue Legacy will be released on Steam on June 27th. This is a good candidate for game of the year, folks. Also, pre-order it on roguelegacy.com on or before this Friday, to receive it for 5 dollar less (you pay $10, regular price: $15), get the soundtrack for free (really good soundtrack too), drm free- and Steam copy of the game as well.

And according to Phil Fish 95% of the sales through Humble Store goes to the developers, so it's the best way to support your fellow developers.

Steam won't even get close to that discount.

I see. I was concerned that it's about two weeks until release and there's no sign of it at all in the store but if the discount would be less than or, at best, match 25% for the launch then I'll go with the GMG deal which has a Steam key anyway.

Just throwing it out there, but if anyone wants a trading card beta I can hook you up.

Also, Rogue Legacy will be released on Steam on June 27th. This is a good candidate for game of the year, folks. Also, pre-order it on roguelegacy.com on or before this Friday, to receive it for 5 dollar less (you pay $10, regular price: $15), get the soundtrack for free (really good soundtrack too), drm free- and Steam copy of the game as well.

And according to Phil Fish 95% of the sales through Humble Store goes to the developers, so it's the best way to support your fellow developers.

Well, that looks pretty cool.

I like the game and the music too, I might pre order it :D

KarmaCow

Bah the Humble Store makes it too easy to buy things. I hit place order without even thinking about it.

Caerith

I didn't recognize the name of the game until clicking through to the site, but this is the Ghosts & Goblins-esque roguelike where, when you die, you play as your children who are born with conditions like dyslexia, colorblindness, dwarfism, etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

Milamber

Decided to play some Brutal Legend for the first time just to see what all the fuss is about and, CHRIST, my framerate is shit! Changing my resolution and dropping down the in-game details do nothing!

JJDubz

I'm getting like 10fps everywhere. I'm on a C2Q 3 ghz, gtx 460 and 8 gb of RAM here!

If you have the latest drivers (320.18) for your graphics card, you should probably roll it back ASAP. There have been a ton of problems with it, as seen here. Some people saying it has even been frying their cards up.

Card Boy

Banned
How does something like this happen? Who are those 2 people?

b50r.png

Milamber

If you have the latest drivers (320.18) for your graphics card, you should probably roll it back ASAP. There have been a ton of problems with it, as seen here. Some people saying it has even been frying their cards up.

Crap! will roll back and try later i guess. Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, the foil markets pertaining to games that have been in indie bundles crash hard. I see my Boss foil is nigh on worthless.

zkylon

zkylewd
Decided to play some Brutal Legend for the first time just to see what all the fuss is about and, CHRIST, my framerate is shit! Changing my resolution and dropping down the in-game details do nothing!
yeah, a friend just gifted it to me and that's been my experience as well

game looks amazing tho

Caerith

Jørdan;64996241 said:
Voted for it the second I noticed it on Greenlight, had I the money I would get the pre-order without hesitation. Demo is available at IndieDB which I'm just about to start up, looks amazing.
Thanks for linking that demo. I just spent the last two hours playing it-- I'm terrible, but I love it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The AA solution and draw distance were pretty big killers on my rig, after a few updates it got better but I still chug in most locations. Will probably not see a perma 60FPS til the next rig.

Dr Dogg

Yep. Three in December. I wasn't as big into PC gaming before then and wasn't as confident with digital ownership.

Hahaha. And now you own the vast majority of what's on Steam. Oh the irony. Just imagine if you were alleviated of your quibbles earlier?

Caerith

At 75% off, it's unlikely to ever be cheaper outside of an inclusion in an indie bundle.
If Mark of the Ninja is included in an indie bundle, it'll probably be as the "beat the average" incentive anyway.

It's the best 2D stealth game Klei ever made. All it's missing are cards.

Caerith

Problem here is that my desktop broke, and now I'm stuck with my mom's old laptop. Even if I bought it now I wouldn't be able to play it until I'm able to make my new pc. Which as of this moment has no date in the near future.
It might be able to run on her laptop? I mean, it ran on a 360.

But, and I'll probably get banned for saying this, there's no sense buying a game just because it's on sale if you're not likely to play it before the next time it goes on sale. Mark of the Ninja will probably be this cheap again in the summer sale, and again in the winter sale, and probably once or twice in the meantime. It's not one of those "white whales" like, say, Magicka.

Ezalc

It might be able to run on her laptop? I mean, it ran on a 360.

But, and I'll probably get banned for saying this, there's no sense buying a game just because it's on sale if you're not likely to play it before the next time it goes on sale. Mark of the Ninja will probably be this cheap again in the summer sale, and again in the winter sale, and probably once or twice in the meantime. It's not one of those "white whales" like, say, Magicka.

It's doubtful that it will. I guess I could try running a game similar to it that I have on my steam list, but it's a somewhat old laptop. Plus that's pretty much what I figured.

JaseC

Hahaha. And now you own the vast majority of what's on Steam. Oh the irony. Just imagine if you were alleviated of your quibbles earlier?

It rather annoys me that I didn't get "the bug" until last year's Summer Sale. It's depressing to think of all the games I missed the boat on. :(

Looking at my store transaction history, the amount of items I bought in 2012 alone bested those bought throughout the ~3.25 years prior by a factor of 3. (Surprisingly, I bought more in 2011 than I thought I did.)

JaseC

It's doubtful that it will. I guess I could try running a game similar to it that I have on my steam list, but it's a somewhat old laptop. Plus that's pretty much what I figured.

Shank and Shank 2 both have demos. Try them out to get an idea of how MotN will run.

Edit: nfhfus89af78usa80fuqwjsoianfj

Dr Dogg

It rather annoys me that I didn't get "the bug" until last year's Summer Sale. It's depressing to think of all the games I missed the boat on. :(

Looking at my store transaction history, the amount of items I bought in 2012 alone bested those bought throughout the ~3.25 years prior by a factor of 3. (Surprisingly, I bought more in 2011 than I thought I did.)

I think there a lot of people in the same boat. I hadn't bothered with Steam after 'finishing' HL2" from back in around 2006 on a now old and lost account. It wasn't until during a long night of overtime at work where one of the lads setup a Left4Dead LAN session that it grabbed my curiosity again.

That first crimbo sale of 2010 I went nuts and bought about a third of my subs just in that 2 week period (82 items from the Paradox Complete Pack helped fill that out). It's amazing to think back then that there was only just shy of 2,000 items available on Steam but now that number is through the roof.

Can imagine there's going to be a lot of giddy folks in here experiencing there first Steam sale next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom