• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recalled I dreamed of playing Dishonored last night (never actually played it, weird) and I kept dying in the game, also there was a bug which made the main character invisible. What does that mean shrink-GAF?

It means you're sexually attracted to your long-lost twin brother.

Or that you should probably play Dishonored.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know, for a game that cribs so heavily from Mega Man X, A.R.E.S. is surprisingly frustrating to play. The 2.5D thing really fucks with your perception of hitboxes. And unskippable cutscenes are never alright.

Caerith

I think there a lot of people in the same boat. I hadn't bothered with Steam after 'finishing' HL2" from back in around 2006 on a now old and lost account. It wasn't until during a long night of overtime at work where one of the lads setup a Left4Dead LAN session that it grabbed my curiosity again.

That first crimbo sale of 2010 I went nuts and bought about a third of my subs just in that 2 week period (82 items from the Paradox Complete Pack helped fill that out). It's amazing to think back then that there was only just shy of 2,000 items available on Steam but now that number is through the roof.

Can imagine there's going to be a lot of giddy folks in here experiencing there first Steam sale next month.
I don't think I touched Steam after HL2 (2004) until the winter 2009 sale. I don't even remember what brought me back, but that's about when I stopped celebrating crimbo.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just recalled I dreamed of playing Dishonored last night (never actually played it, weird) and I kept dying in the game, also there was a bug which made the main character invisible. What does that mean shrink-GAF?
Four years ago, I dreamed about playing a Star Wars MMO. Didn't know The Old Republic was being made. Last year, I tried a trial an recognised a lot of locations from my dream wich, for some reason, alway's stuck with me. So yeah.
Doesn't mean anything. :p

It rather annoys me that I didn't get "the bug" until last year's Summer Sale. It's depressing to think of all the games I missed the boat on. :(
What brought on the bug to begin with? I sometimes wonder what drives a person to it, but at least the episode of Hoarders won't be as depressing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
ARES is surprisingly solid.

I just beat the last boss a minute ago; It's not a bad game, and maybe what's most frustrating is how close it comes to being better than it is. There's just a lot of small things throughout the whole thing that could feel better than they do.

Oh well, I've beaten it and I have my card drops. That's what's important here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What brought on the bug to begin with? I sometimes wonder what drives a person to it, but at least the episode of Hoarders won't be as depressing.

Last year's Summer Sale perfectly coincided with tax time here in Australia (begins July 1st and if you get in early you get your return in 1~1.5 week/s), so I found myself with hundreds of dollars to spare and plenty of cheap games to buy.

zkylon

zkylewd
man I'm surprised at how much I still like brutal legend

like, the gameplay's rough, no two ways about it, but there's something old-schooly about it, just the angle and distance of the camera, and how everything feels and looks and reminds me of ps2 games (not to say it looks like a ps2 game, it actually looks really nice on pc) that really wins me over

I dunno, something about the way it controls really reminds me of psychonauts

like, the gameplay's rough, no two ways about it, but there's something old-schooly about it, just the angle and distance of the camera, and how everything feels and looks and reminds me of ps2 games (not to say it looks like a ps2 game, it actually looks really nice on pc) that really wins me over

I loved the world in Brütal Legend. Like that big-ass wall
of sound
, fantastic.

Acorn

I wanted to love it but man that half assed RTS stuff killed me. I bought on release after playing the demo without knowing anything about the rts stuff, pissed me off so much.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I wanted to love it but man that half assed RTS stuff killed me. I bought on release after playing the demo without knowing anything about the rts stuff, pissed me off so much.
ie2zWt9dp6CSr.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I loved the world in Brütal Legend. Like that big-ass wall
of sound
, fantastic.
yeah, brutal legend has one of the better realized universes ever put in a videogame

and really, I'm not into metal but I just love it when playing it

just play those parts on easy or something

when I was playing the game on console I had to tone it down to normal from hard, and even if it's weird, I still kinda like it

Dr Dogg

I can't imagine experiencing my first Steam sale now; it'd be overwhelming. :p

I'd like to go back to my first sale but armed with the knowledge when they are throughout the year, how much money to saved up and to wait for the dailies.

I don't think I touched Steam after HL2 (2004) until the winter 2009 sale. I don't even remember what brought me back, but that's about when I stopped celebrating crimbo.

Hahaha. I'm always debating what useless presents I can get away with giving lesser family and friends and what ones won't mind a belated gift to maximise my Steam funds. Plus the other half is resigned to the fact that I delegate most of the shopping to her (well just as long as she gets what she wants).

Acorn

yeah, brutal legend has one of the better realized universes ever put in a videogame

and really, I'm not into metal but I just love it when playing it

just play those parts on easy or something

when I was playing the game on console I had to tone it down to normal from hard, and even if it's weird, I still kinda like it
It felt like I was raiden'd again. I may return to it one day but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from it.

Acorn

I like the universe of Brutal Legend a lot, but yeah, the half-assed RTS gameplay just ruins it.
Everything apart from that is great. Argh, if it was just a open world game it probably woulda sold better and we'd get a sequel.

Damn it all.

JaseC

Bough the Groupees' BAB6 for Numen and Space Ark, as well the fef Greenlight games (Aeon Command, Crazy Fairies and Freedom Fall).

I'm waiting on the HIB bonuses to be revealed before jumping on it, seeing as the only game I'm currently interested in is Oregon's Trail, which is just $5 on Steam itself.

Maxwood

This key might or might not be used. Try it! :)
Galactics Arms Race

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Bough the Groupees' BAB6 for Numen and Space Ark, as well the fef Greenlight games (Aeon Command, Crazy Fairies and Freedom Fall).

I'm waiting on the HIB bonuses to be revealed before jumping on it, seeing as the only game I'm currently interested in is Oregon's Trail, which is just $5 on Steam itself.

If you buy the HIB for $1.00+ before the bonus games go up, don't you still get them anyway? So you'd get Organ Trail and whatever the bonus games are for $1.00, meaning you can't really go wrong. Pretty sure you only have to BTA for bonus games after the fact, unless they changed it (someone let me know if so).

JaseC

If you buy the HIB for $1.00+ before the bonus games go up, don't you still get them anyway? So you'd get Organ Trail and whatever the bonus games are for $1.00, meaning you can't really go wrong. Pretty sure you only have to BTA for bonus games after the fact, unless they changed it (someone let me know if so).

Oh, I'd assumed that the bonuses were locked behind the BTA price, haha.

Edit: I'll still wait, anyway; if at least one of the bonuses is a game I don't have, I'll pay the higher price and give away the BTA games.

Addnan

Aquaria:
Fractal:
Stealth Bastard

Would be nice if people just say when they are taken. not bothered to do the PM keys, games aren't worth much.

Maxwood

Today I learned that the key for Galactic Arms Race in Groupees' Be Mine Anniversary is a Steam key.
Yeah, I was sure it wasn't there before. :/ In that case, the key is unused.
It would be nice if those bundle sites sent an email whenever they put up a steamkey.

JaseC

Yeah, I was sure it wasn't there before. :/ In that case, the key is unused.
It would be nice if those bundle sites sent an email whenever they put up a steamkey.

Someone pinched the key without posting afterwards, as I tried it myself but got the "duplicate product code" error. This is what spurred me to look up the game -- I just assumed I'd missed whatever indie bundle it was in since I didn't recognise the name. ;)

Tak3n

Banned
Here's a video I just recorded about stuttering issues in Brutal Legend. Even at all the setting at the lowest (FOV aside) it still has performance problems. The framerate is fine (Video is capped at 30fps, though), but the stuttering is pretty annoying. Also, at the lowest settings it's pretty hilarious how short the range is at which you can see most objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PPShKcaJPGg

Sorry to go slightly OT for your problem, but you probably know the settings inside out, can you see if there is a no swearing and no blood option...

My son would love this but he is not old enough yet for the vanilla format

Overdoziz

Banned
Sorry to go slightly OT for your problem, but you probably know the settings inside out, can you see if there is a no swearing and no blood option...

In the opening cinematic you can turn gore and swearing off. You can also turn either off or on in the options under 'game' settings, yes.

Milamber

It's like your answer was tailored for this game itself.

Maxwood

I love how they present both of those options during the opening cutscene. More games should have that. :)

Jørdan

Thanks for linking that demo. I just spent the last two hours playing it-- I'm terrible, but I love it.
I'm bloody awful myself although as you say it is a lot of fun and I'm loving it too. In fairness to us both they do say it is 'balls hard', which I've certainly found to be true. Game releases in a week (27th) and will be available on Steam, GOG, Desura and GamersGate. Having some animations issues which I hope will be fixed in the released version, it doesn't rain rather drops stay static on the ground and the magic animations have a similar issue. Magic attacks don't seem to register as they remain static upon casting so I'm pretty much left with bashing things on the head. Still the demo is terrific and I'm thankful I have a chance to play it in any state, not enough games being released have demos.

Dawg

So ehm, I have one foil card. (FTL) Should I sell it so I can buy all the normal FTL cards? market value is €3,65

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So ehm, I have one foil card. (FTL) Should I sell it so I can buy all the normal FTL cards? market value is €3,65

Unless you're planning on making a foil badge I'd probably sell it to fund the other cards. Depends on whether you want to wait for the binder to be released, might be that people are more interested in having foil cards when they're able to see them in their collection.

This Steam pipe stuff is pretty annoying. I was in the mood to play TF2. Nope converting to Steam pipe, that took so long I couldn't be bothered to play. Come back another day, nope gotta perform some more updates.

I know it's probably a one off we need permission to make changes to your PC kind of deal but fuck this stuff is meant to be done when I am idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom