• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a thing then. Seeing as you can rank up your badges by another complete set does that mean if you had a foil badge would collecting a non foil set downgrade you badge? Would collecting a set of foils to upgrade a standard badge change that to a foil one?

And I thought hats and that hatconemy were a bad thing. Oh boy are people going to be spending big for some shiny shiny.

Foil badges and normal badges are separate badges. You can upgrade them both separately and have them both show up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
At least we can all agree that Steam Cards are a sounder investment than Bitcoin.

Does anyone know anywhere doing Euro Truck Sim 2 (steam activated obviously :) ) cheap?

I notice in the discussion board on Steam, people were giving out 50% discount vouchers for it a week or so ago. I'm fairly new to Steam and wondered how discount keys are obtained? Thanks.

Hawkie

Does anyone know anywhere doing Euro Truck Sim 2 (steam activated obviously :) ) cheap?

I notice in the discussion board on Steam, people were giving out 50% discount vouchers for it a week or so ago. I'm fairly new to Steam and wondered how discount keys are obtained? Thanks.

When you craft a game badge you get a random coupon.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Xel is getting there, although his puny 2 years of service badge is holding him back.

A 9 year badge doesn't even give one full level of experience after level 50; I don't think that's holding me back.

Have you really only been on Steam 2 years? That's quite impressive.

Yep. Three in December. I wasn't as big into PC gaming before then and wasn't as confident with digital ownership.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yep. Three in December. I wasn't as big into PC gaming before then and wasn't as confident with digital ownership.

That's why I still don't get the hate/pullback from Microsoft's DRM policies.

We've been living it for a WHILE. Even the "new people" have been living it for 3 years.

And then people ask why is pc gaming the better choice. Forefront of the evolution and all that.

Hate to be that guy, but any ETA on the summer sale?

Yes, it starts tomorrow.

How can I earn more drops?
You are not currently eligible for a booster pack
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack containing 3 additional cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Wait... what? But I have a badge for that game so?

73V3N

Banned
Card drops earned: 4
Card drops received: 4

How can I earn more drops?
You are not currently eligible for a booster pack
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack containing 3 additional cards.

:(

Digoman

Sweet, all my games say ineligible for booster pack for no discernible reason.

I had to restart steam to become eligible. I guess "logged in steam in the last week". I probably had steam logged on this whole time, so maybe you need to logout/login for the system to work?

derExperte

That's why I still don't get the hate/pullback from Microsoft's DRM policies.

We've been living it for a WHILE. Even the "new people" have been living it for 3 years.

There are still important differences between Steam on a PC and a closed console like the One was going to be with for example the 24h online check. But that's OT, discussed to death and thankfully doesn't matter anymore.

Caerith

Eligibility seems to be broken. Also, people are bitching that the Game Collector badge needs to have its cap limited. "2000 games is unbelievably ridiculous."

Edit: Yup, restarting Steam fixed it.

xelios

Booster Pack Eligibility - you can now confirm your eligibility for a booster pack drop from your badges page. Just click on "How do I earn card drops", and the dialog will tell you if you are eligible to receive booster packs for that game. Note that booster pack eligibility is different per game. More information about booster packs has also been added to the Trading Card FAQ.

No game count / game count of 0 - We've fixed an issue where some users had a game count of 0 after yesterday's update.

Game count off by 1 - The "Company of Heroes 2 Beta" was counting towards everyone's game count. This has been fixed, but that means your game count on your profile may be 1 lower than it was earlier today.

Level colors for levels 20-29, and 30-39 - The colors for these levels have been changed to match our intended design. 20-29 is now orange (was yellow), 30-39 is now yellow (was purple).

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1837748658714282354

How can I get a booster pack?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

How do I know if I can get card drops and booster packs?
From your Badges page, the “How do I earn card drops?” window shows you how many card drops you have earned, how to get more, and if you are currently eligible for a booster pack drop.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Client looks dated and the game library is never touched.

Looks... dated? Are you sure you aren't just saying that because it hasn't changed for a while? You can download a custom skin if you aren't happy with the way it looks.

And don't forget that they recently released big picture mode. That was sort of a big deal.

Exuro

Looks... dated? Are you sure you aren't just saying that because it hasn't changed for a while? You can download a custom skin if you aren't happy with the way it looks.
I wouldn't say dated per say but BPM looks miles better than it. I never liked the carbon fiber aesthetics.

KarmaCow

What needs to be improved?

Off the top of my head atm,

-Sorting games in the library. Categories are half busted and tedious.
-The ability to play games without downloading every piece of DLC. FEAR is a 17GB download because you need to download all the DLC to even play the base game.

Blizzard

Banned
That has literally never, ever happened to me.
And I had never had problems with offline mode, until a few weeks ago when offline mode didn't work and I tried like 20 experiments, all of which failed. The only thing that worked was using a Steam install directory from literally 2-3 years ago.

We may not have problems, but that doesn't mean problems don't exist for some people.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There can be a lot of reasons for a problem, though. And if you're unable to reproduce it nearly on demand or even get someone else to reproduce it, it might just be a problem on your end.

JakeD

is there anyway to find out which game has been removed from your library?

dug into some old humble bundles in an attempt to get my game count up to 250, only to sign in later and find i'm back at 249.

xelios

dug into some old humble bundles in an attempt to get my game count up to 250, only to sign in later and find i'm back at 249.

Valve said:
Game count off by 1 - The "Company of Heroes 2 Beta" was counting towards everyone's game count. This has been fixed, but that means your game count on your profile may be 1 lower than it was earlier today.

Caerith

It's the Company of Sandwiches 2 beta.

adaen

Sorting games in in the Steam client is a real nightmare.
I recently redid my whole categories and it took me 3 hours, because it is so cumbersome.
For example: Why can't I drag and drop the games to the categories?

The detail view is in dire need of sub-categories, too. At the moment I have 30 categories, which randomly collapse, if I use the search bar, real annoying.

Blizzard

Banned
There can be a lot of reasons for a problem, though. And if you're unable to reproduce it nearly on demand or even get someone else to reproduce it, it might just be a problem on your end.
Sure, but if something is a bug that only shows up with certain configurations, does that mean those configurations are wrong, or that Valve has a bug? Some bugs are very difficult to reliably reproduce.

I wanted to include this earlier as related but it took me ages to find the link.
wuwkuytqik1n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom