• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

itxaka

Defeatist
Is anyone getting updates for a lot of games? No small updates either.

deus ex
alan wake
skyrim
bioshock <- this is patch 5
darksiders 2
hitman absolution
under the ocean
unepic

I have been all day connected so it's not like the patches were waiting. Something wrong wit my steam client maybe?

Wok

I've played and beaten the game twice (Wii/PC) and still go back for more whenever they add stuff. I'm not the only person who thinks Toki Tori is a great game. You might have to watch yourself, that Venn diagram is creeping up.

O15k9.png

The game is a pure puzzle game. While I usually like puzzle games, such as English Country Tune, Toki Tori has not clicked with me. I felt there were too few solutions per puzzle scene due to the very limited number of available actions. Usually, in order to solve a puzzle scene, I end up trying first to figure the order of actions, then the place where to perform each action, finally the execution of the puzzle. There are a few interesting puzzles in hard mode or in the last worlds, but other than that, each of these three steps (order, place, execution) are too constrained by the number of available actions.

By the way, I don't hate Toki Tori: the yellow bird is cute, the rewind system makes the game more enjoyable, and the music is joyful.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I've played and beaten the game twice (Wii/PC) and still go back for more whenever they add stuff. I'm not the only person who thinks Toki Tori is a great game. You might have to watch yourself, that Venn diagram is creeping up.

If you're not smart enough to see the differences between Toki Tori 1 and 2, then you probably won't be buying either game.

Something will appear here and there in the future.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can't try L4D2 or Killing Floor free yet because the button that says Click Here to install and play for free isn't working.

>:|

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is the bundle with all the DLC worth it? Or am I good with just the base game?

It's all cosmetic stuff, except for the Community Weapon Pack which has unique weaponry. Ash Harding's character is also the first playable female with a voice pack to match. So it's up to you if you want something extra to mess around with in the several hundred hours you will surely be spending in game.

Freezard

Get the base game. The rest are just skins and extra weapons, but honestly the DLC weapons are kinda meh and overpowered. Also yes it's worth $4 no doubt, clocked close to 1000 hours myself. Got really bored of it recently but they keep adding more stuff for special events like this one so it's nice to be back playing.

All of the DLC is purely cosmetic besides the 2 weapon packs. To me, the weapon packs aren't worth it right now because they usually go for sale $2 on other sites.

Is it purely multiplayer or is there some single player experience to be had?

You can play the maps in single player but it'll get boring fast unless you have partners. Like in L4D.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Man, I'm so pissed. I didn't buy the Sonic games on Amazon because I was always waiting for a bigger Steam sale.

I actually only want the Sonic Racing games, because I already have the other ones I care about, but buying both of them now is the price of the package priced incorrectly.

Dammit. Oh well.

Nobody bought any extras, did they?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Need two more for a Sonic Transformed 4-pack guys.

How much are you guys going to paypal for each?

4.50ish I can manage (with paypal taxes), and I could host, since the game is cheaper down here in Brazil.

if you guys were really nice, you could pay me 5 bucks (which you guys were going to paypal each other) and I would reap the extra money! 40-60 cents from each purchase :D

Neloice, Freezard both want it? I could host and that makes 3. If you guys want it, I'll even buy it without the fourth. I already have a buyer for the fourth.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's four, but I have to host (cheaper down here), but you'll have to end up paying me the same you would do it for youself (to cover paypal tax).

If you guys want it, I'm game.

Edit: I see you guys formed 4. I'll stay out of this one.

Sblargh

Banned
Why is Anno expansion pack almost as expensive as the core game? Urgh. I want deep ocean for some time now, but this price, even discounted, is not helping.

Dude, how can you get those ridiculously cheap prices? Do you get them from a cheaper region? Or are you selling them at a loss?

To be honest I'm kind of scared that it is a scam, as he has contacted me previously and I read this article about people getting steam account issues when buying keys from other regions. Has anyone had an experience buying from him?

Volotaire

Dude, how can you get those ridiculously cheap prices? Do you get them from a cheaper region? Or are you selling them at a loss?

He's selling them from a different region due to the amount he's sold.

To be honest I'm kind of scared that it is a scam, as he has contacted me previously and I read this article about people getting steam account issues when buying keys from other regions. Has anyone had an experience buying from him?

He's great, look to the Buy/Sell Thread. Bought twice from him for cheaper gaming packs when on sale!

r3n4ud

Um, check the B/S/T thread lol

Addnan

He doesn't sell keys, he gets them from a cheaper region store.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

He's NeoGAF buy/sell/trade thread platinum. He's one of the finest you'll ever deal with, and I've bought 5 or so games from him in the past with nary an issue. I do wonder how the prices get so low sometimes, but my experience has been a painless one. Dunder is good peoples. He also deals exclusively in steam giftables, not keys.

Ok first of all, Dunder doesn't sell keys. He sends the actual game as a gift.

And I buy from him all the time. I've never had an issue with Valve, he's legit.

Wok

He is well known in the Buy/Sell thread. I have bought several times from him. You will get a Steam gift, which means there is no problem of already activated keys: you get the gift, there is an email and a notification in Steam, and he can see whether you have redeemed the gift or not.

73V3N

Banned
He probably comes from the future and he got that pack for 1$ because it doesn't include Sonic Adventure 3, Generations 2 and Sonic Racing X Mario Kart.

Can you get banned for redeeming keys from another region?

EDIT: I see he sends them as gifts, that's awesome.

He doesn't sell keys, he gets them from a cheaper region store.

Alright, just making sure. I'm just cautious when it comes to buying Steam keys outside of Steam (or legit store), since I heard conflicting reports. Didn't intend to defame him. If he sends the actual game as a gift, that's cool.

deejay

Dunder is a solid trader, had some good deals with him :)

Atruvius

Just played 40 minutes of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed and it's actually really really good. Looks pretty nice as well. Though, I like Crash Team Racing's handling better, CTR feels a bit tighter and you can jump in it.

inky

Just played 40 minutes of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed and it's actually really really good. Looks pretty nice as well. Though, I like Crash Team Racing's handling better, CTR feels a bit tighter and you can jump in it.

It's too hard for me, LOL. I barely broke 2nd place after like 4 tries in medium =S

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not necessarily a scam, but if it's a Russian version then you may be locked from buying DLC from your own region, or not having the game in English.

But yeah, that kinda scares me as well. Not that I think bad of him or anything, but I'd rather know where the games I buy come from.

He's selling them from a different region due to the amount he's sold.
Isn't this against Steam's ToS?

EDIT: it seems he really is legit after all. Good for him, those are great prices!

Wok

Two Toki Tori keys were hidden in my last post about Toki Tori. The post is on this page, and easily recognizable because of the Venn diagram.

Read it and take a key if you dare. Or take a key and read the post afterwards if you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom