• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleii

Two Toki Tori keys were hidden in my last post about Toki Tori. The post is on this page, and easily recognizable because of the Venn diagram.

Read it and take a key if you dare. Or take a key and read the post afterwards if you care.

I'm not a racist, so I took the second key. Much appreciated :)

Zia

I'm supposed to be leaving for a BBQ at 4. I don't think Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed wants me to attend that BBQ.

Atruvius

It's too hard for me, LOL. I barely broke 2nd place after like 4 tries in medium =S

It was the same for me but after a few more races you'll be in the 1st place. Just start playing on hard, I actually started winning races when I put the difficulty on hard. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
UGH.

I'm having SUCH a hard time deciding if I want to pick up Dust or not! 50% seems like such a good deal! Though I'm worried it might go lower in the Summer Sale.

The art direction is a little offputting but the gameplay looks like so much fun. Does anyone know how long it takes to beat this game with/without full completion?

It won't. I almost guarantee it

HoosTrax

UGH.

I'm having SUCH a hard time deciding if I want to pick up Dust or not! 50% seems like such a good deal! Though I'm worried it might go lower in the Summer Sale.

The art direction is a little offputting but the gameplay looks like so much fun. Does anyone know how long it takes to beat this game with/without full completion?
For full completion, it took me 15 hours to get 100% achievements without consulting guides.

I might as well get in on it. Add me?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/joshuaouille
I get confused every time I see you because I have another ex machina on my FL, and I have to pause and think about it a bit to make sure I'm not mixing up who's who.

Volotaire

But they're on the database, so that must mean they'll be coming, right?

I'd pick the 3DS version up if Runner and Flux didn't have such a horrible framerate. That kinda ruins the games :/

Sure, why not? ID: steamcommunity.com/id/rionaam

Oh I didn't know they were. then they'd probably be coming soon. I've always wanted to pick up the WIi version because of the exclusive content though. You're right about the framerate on 3DS, I wouldn't bother.

metalshade

I like the idea of killing floor, but not the enemy design.
Zombie's are my one and only phobia, strange as that sounds.
If a game has zombies, I wont play it.
If I play a game and they introduce zombies as a surprise twist or something, that is when I quit the game and don't ever go back.
Killing floor....is it for me?

derExperte

I like the idea of killing floor, but not the enemy design.
Zombie's are my one and only phobia, strange as that sounds.
If a game has zombies, I wont play it.
If I play a game and they introduce zombies as a surprise twist or something, that is when I quit the game and don't ever go back.
Killing floor....is it for me?

The enemies aren't zombies, they are mutants created by experiments. See? You are totally safe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What a dreadful Anno sale. If you're going to drop the base price of the main game, Ubi, you should do the same to the expansion so they're not identically priced.

Activision no longer has the rights to James Bond. They might not be able to generate more keys per contract.

That would be why I said "not-so-surprisingly". ;) I had held a little hope that the game would go on sale, though, as the apps had seen some tinkering in recent weeks and Skyfall DLC was added to the subs a few months ago, so I thought that perhaps Acti had recently regained the license or worked something out in regard to 007 Legends specifically.

Haha, I'm just praying to the gods that I can meet the demand.
Have a feeling that this sale is going to be nuts. It have to be!

Don't worry, I'll only trouble you for the more expensive items. ;) (Which are going to be few and far between, I'd think.)

SparkTR

So Natural Selection 2 is getting Linux/OSX support, a new map, trading cards and a new character in free updates. It's insane how much they're supporting this game, it's a no compromise hardcore product that's obviously their passion. This is how games should be developed.

Doing a trade for Thief Deadly Shadows. It released in 04. It should run on my 2012 laptop right?

I would think so.

metalshade

The enemies aren't zombies, they are mutants created by experiments. See? You are totally safe.

Thats close enough in my book.
I will give the free trial a go, but I get the feeling it will be a couple of minutes of nope nope nope nope nope, quitting and uninstalling, followed by a cold drink.

AHA-Lambda

UGH.

It took me 12 hours w/o full completion, great game. It probably won't go lower than 50%

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So Natural Selection 2 is getting Linux/OSX support, a new map, trading cards and a new character in free updates. It's insane how much they're supporting this game, it's a no compromise hardcore product that's obviously their passion. This is how games should be developed.

This means that not only did Build 249 make NS2 run faster, it drastically decreased the inconsistency of rendering that players perceive as ‘jitter’ and ‘hitching.’ This particular sample was collected on a high end machine, other samples have been collected on low end and mid-spec machines, and Build 249 has demonstrated the same characteristics on each. No matter what kind of machine you run NS2 on, you got significantly higher and more consistent fps out of build 249.

Thank god they're still working on the perf for the game, it ran like a dying horse on my rig when it first came out and last time I tried it there was improvement but it still had the fans working so hard it was scooting the case across the floor during firefights.

inky

It was the same for me but after a few more races you'll be in the 1st place. Just start playing on hard, I actually started winning races when I put the difficulty on hard. :)

You were right :O

A214Vpc.jpg

SparkTR

Thank god they're still working on the perf for the game, it ran like a dying horse on my rig when it first came out and last time I tried it there was improvement but it still had the fans working so hard it was scooting the case across the floor during firefights.

If there was a game that championed the adoption of SSD drives, it would be NS2. Still, as an owner of an i5 the game has been running smoothly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know if I can check a code for a game has been used without using it myself?

There is a rather roundabout way you can check if you've used a key:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unlike the product code activation form, however, this form doesn't validate the key (even typing in gibberish results in the "An e-mail has been sent ..." screen), so you'll need to check your inbox each and every time [you] input a code; if you don't get an e-mail, then it hasn't been activated.

If you think you've handed it out to somebody else, though, then this doesn't really help since, as mentioned, the form doesn't verify the nominated key -- an automated e-mail from Support is the only indication that it's been tied to an account.

If anyone is playing L4d on the free weekend online, be warned the L4D2 community are among the worst out there. probably the worst. Very hostile to beginners.

welp :(

That's basically what L4D is, Versus is the main part of the game. The campaign acts as a tutorial of kinds. Of course, the other modes will be better off, but that's because the other people will be beginners as well.

L4D2 is multi only though right?

Shit Dunder never answered if he still had a sonic franchise key to sell

I guess that he doesn't had one anymore

Well he did say he was going out and so couldn't reply until later. Everyone says that he is uber prompt with replies so I'm sure he'll reply when he can.

derExperte

Thats close enough in my book.
I will give the free trial a go, but I get the feeling it will be a couple of minutes of nope nope nope nope nope, quitting and uninstalling, followed by a cold drink.

More good news for you: During events like this one the enemies get dressed up / changed. Some changes are really fucked up but it's supposed to be silly fun mostly.

neoism

so I take it the sonic racing will never be lower than that....... is it good
also 12 for FF7 :/ I can play it offline and mod it right what about resolution at 1280X768 cant really check right now on my phone...... never had the pc ver only bought it 4 times -_- would loove have on steam though

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I didn't know they were. then they'd probably be coming soon. I've always wanted to pick up the WIi version because of the exclusive content though. You're right about the framerate on 3DS, I wouldn't bother.
Complete? It's really good, and the challenges are great additions (which I'd totally buy if they were released as DLC on Steam). Only managed to beat all 20 in Beat and Runner, the others are way too hard hard (even the Flux ones, despite the main game being much easier in my opinion).

I'm sure that I'll end up buying Saga one day anyway, I'm a sucker for that franchise (deservedly so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom