• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Have some keys here folks. Quote to reveal the fun!

Shank 2
Dear Ester
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Intrusion 2
Oil Rush
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Brink
Rogue Warrior
Titan Quest Gold
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge (not sure if key is used)
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Rage (x2)

damn it! I feel so stupid, I still haven't managed to make Lost Planet work on Windows 8, it crashes everytime I launch it

any help would be much appreciated

Sure, pass them to me and I'll check that for you.

I don't think that's possible

I don't think there is. Perhaps you could get someone who has the game to try out the code?

There is a rather roundabout way you can check if you've used a key:

If you think you've handed it out to somebody else, though, then this doesn't really help since, as mentioned, the form doesn't verify the nominated key -- an automated e-mail from Support is the only indication that it's been tied to your account.

Ta for the responses, Its a code for XCOM.

It came free with Bioshock: Infinite when it was released from GMG but I dont think I ever used it as I already have the game.

I recall reading that when Square initially re-released FFVII on PC through their own store that the port had a requirement for a persistent internet connection. The Steam store page makes no such mention of any DRM so has that been removed for the Steam release?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Grief's thread. Squeenix account and a one-time online activation, then you can play the game offline.

Tak3n

Banned
So Natural Selection 2 is getting Linux/OSX support, a new map, trading cards and a new character in free updates. It's insane how much they're supporting this game, it's a no compromise hardcore product that's obviously their passion. This is how games should be developed.

I would think so.

I remember when I bought it reading a dev blog and he said it is all they are working on is constant updating of the game....

Though not all appreciate it, if you read the steam forums quite a few users think they break the balance everytime they tinker

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

DAMN IT!

Beaten to the Fallout 3 code!

Here's hoping the GOTY Edition for New Vegas is dirt cheap during the summer sale! Have yet to play New Vegas and would love to have all the DLC for it on top of that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ta for the responses, Its a code for XCOM.

It came free with Bioshock: Infinite when it was released from GMG but I dont think I ever used it as I already have the game.

If you're worried that you've already given it away to somebody and simply don't remember, then you can just offer it to a good home while noting that it may be a dupe. Nobody is going to chew you out if you're honest! If your intention was (and is) to sell it, though, then your only hope is that somebody trusts you enough to refund their money if the key is indeed a dud.

It's a pity that the password reset form doesn't verify the nominated key; if it did and Steam noted that an e-mail has been sent, you'd know instantly that it's been used, regardless of whether or not you yourself receive an e-mail.

BorntoPlay

all used..

Have some keys here folks. Quote to reveal the fun!

Shank 2
Dear Ester
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Intrusion 2
Oil Rush
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Brink
Rogue Warrior
Titan Quest Gold
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge (not sure if key is used)
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Rage (x2)

What are the chances these games will go on sale for the Steam summer event:

Gunpoint
Monaco
The Swapper
Rogue Legacy
Super Meat Boy
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Dust:An Elysian Tale
Receiver
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Slyjss

Gunpoint
Monaco
The Swapper
Super Meat Boy
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Receiver

All of them will probably be discounted, but Amnesia, Bastion, SMB, Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja will have greater cuts (more than 50%)

Volotaire

Complete? It's really good, and the challenges are great additions (which I'd totally buy if they were released as DLC on Steam). Only managed to beat all 20 in Beat and Runner, the others are way too hard hard (even the Flux ones, despite the main game being much easier in my opinion).

I'm sure that I'll end up buying Saga one day anyway, I'm a sucker for that franchise (deservedly so).

Yeh complete. They way you described made it up my most wanted list , but I've got a ton of Wii games i've missed that I have to catch up on.

welp :(

L4D2 is multi only though right?

L4D2 is offline as well for campaign, survival and some other modes but not versus; there's fun to be had there. But the real meat of the game is when you get to Versus. It's a whole new dimension, especially with friends.

Volcynika

Gunpoint
Monaco
The Swapper
Super Meat Boy
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Receiver

10%
15%
40%
etc etc

Also Dust is on sale now for a few more hours.

Cth

So, Frozen Synapse is getting cards next week

02r.png

If you're worried that you've already given it away to somebody and simply don't remember, then you can just offer it to a good home while noting that it may be a dupe. Nobody is going to chew you out if you're honest! If your intention was (and is) to sell it, though, then your only hope is that somebody trusts you enough to refund their money if the key is indeed a dud.

It's a pity that the password reset form doesn't verify the nominated key; if it did and Steam noted that an e-mail has been sent, you'd know instantly if it's been used regardless of whether or not you yourself receive an e-mail.

Oh I dont want money for it!

I'd be happy to just give it away, just dont like the idea of giving away a dud key, lol

Chronoja

if I already own killing floor, what is the best dlc for the game?

Most / all the dlc is completely cosmetic except for the community weapons packs which add a handful of new, usually side grade weapons. Most of them you wouldn't want to switch out in favor of a normally available weapon, except maybe the buzzsaw bow or something.

The golden weapon packs, while cosmetic can be advantageous because they allow you to basically carry 2 of the same weapon, assuming the weapon has a golden variant. So, an m79 as a demolitions class, which has a fairly low ammo reserve, with a golden m79 you can carry both and double your available ammo, but obviously it costs money to buy both weapons and restock them.

Make sure you enjoy the game first. There's no point shelling out for extra weapons if you don't enjoy the core gameplay.

Regarding character models, the robot and Ash Harding have unique voice acting to go with the skins. (I don't know about steampunk Mrs. Foster but she can be acquired through in game achievements so you don't have to buy her)

derExperte

This could be a great deal if the game ever gets greenlit and they give you a Steam key (doesn't say so on the site but the games I bought there have keys):

The Real Texas - Pay what you want https://indiegamestand.com/

And if not you at least get one for GOG.com.

Wok

This could be a great deal if the game ever gets greenlit and they give you a Steam key (doesn't say so on the site but the games I bought there have keys):

The Real Texas - Pay what you want https://indiegamestand.com/

And if not you at least get one for GOG.com.

Make sure to redeem the GOG key. These keys expire otherwise. I think you have one year with IGS, but only three months with Groupees.

Wok

Does soon means next week? I have not found anything in the steam database, but the game is coming to Steam.

tumblr_mpfgx0W2Bn1rmicefo1_500.jpg

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since we released on XBLA! We’re looking forward to having you play the PC and PSN versions… coming soon!

FEZ was released on Steam one year, two and a half weeks after it was released on XBLA. Let us hope Spelunky is released before July 11, or it will be released after the summer sales, i.e. on July 23.

If the game is not released next week, it will be at best on July 23, which is exactly one year, two and a half weeks after it was released on XBLA. It coincides with the end of the Steam summer sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom