• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Gold Member
What payment method do you use? Do you enter a fake address? If you could walk me through that step by step it would be really nice, because it doesn't work for me.

Paypal with my normal address. The Steampage will give me 2-3 weird errors but then it works. But like I said, it only works on some items, like the Sleepy Dogs DLC.

I bought two packs. I would buy more, but I'm pretty sure I've read that Steam can take actions for people exploiting pricing errors.

Naw they don't. People buy tons of price mistake copies and distibute them among GAF all the time.

Paypal with my normal address. The Steampage will give me 2-3 weird errors but then it works. But like I said, it only works on some items, like the Sleepy Dogs DLC.
Hmm. thanks.. Seems to risky to me, but at least I'll know for the next time.

kaleii

Amazing price. I don't own any of them (and have no intention of playing them), but bought it anyway.

Now I'm in the same dilemma as everyone else... let it sit in my inventory or redeem it? MAN!
I have 10 games in my inventory and 130 codes in an Excel sheet. Only 133 redeemed games.

I do this alot. Is this worse than JaseC? At least he redeems his games.

Holy shit, I just went from buyers remorse to being really pleased with myself.

That's fucking stupid considering I'm not really planning on playing the games for the forseeable future anyway (let alone redeem it).

Silly Garry. You're controlling my emotions
don't stop

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Do you guys think it's worth it to grab L4D2 right now for $5? Or do you think it's better to chance it and see if it goes lower during the summer sale?
I doubt it'll go lower on its own for the Summer Sale, but it might be part of a L4D+L4D2 pack for a slightly lower price

Eternia

I'm glad I picked it the Sonic Hits Collection. I've been looking for a good Steam deal on Generations and Transformed and this is more than I could have asked for.

Thanks to M*A*S*H and the others for pointing it out. I was probably very close on picking up Transformed on its own.

rookiejet

I guess Sega wanted people buying the Sonic pack before the Summer Sale where it may be less of a consideration given the variety of more attractive sales. (Showing my bias against the Sonic games here.)

eyeless

looks like they finally made it so games you buy get removed from your wishlist, sonic racing transformed got removed from mine

Chronoja

Now I want a Mega Man Hits Collection.

This and a final fantasy collection are on my list* of "things I wish could appear on steam one day but never will"

The final fantasy one maybe...I'd just like to have 1 - 6 all in one place, now with 7 and potentially 8 on the way.

M*A*S*H

Don't worry my friends, I got a present for your latecomers.
Sonic Hits Collection - $4, supply is very limited, so reserve your copy now with PM.

Heading out now, so won't be responding until later tonight/tomorrow

tumblr_m6k37s2PaA1r96br0o1_500.png

I'm picturing you as a cross between han solo and the resi 4 merchant.

Wok

Predictably, a Two Twibes Humble Weekly

At least, we now know.

Toki Tori 2+ launches on Steam July 11th, get a 10% discount! Every Steam user will automatically get a Toki Tori 2+ discount coupon for every Two Tribes game they redeem. These coupons will appear in your Steam inventory when Toki Tori 2+ is released on July 11. The discount coupons are for 10% off Toki Tori 2+. Only one coupon may be used per purchase. Give the extras to your friends!

McNum

Steam, you're weird. Stop being weird.

I want to try Sonic Allstars Racing Trasformed.

- I get the free weekend download.
- A friend offers to gift me the game from a fourpack, but he can't because I already own the game
- I try to get the Metal Sonic and Outrun DLC, but get refused because I don't own the game.

So... which one is it? Do I own the game or not?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Steam, you're weird. Stop being weird.

I want to try Sonic Allstars Racing Trasformed.

- I get the free weekend download.
- A friend offers to gift me the game from a fourpack, but he can't because I already own the game
- I try to get the Metal Sonic and Outrun DLC, but get refused because I don't own the game.

So... which one is it? Do I own the game or not?
Have him trade you the game from his inventory

I don't feel bad about that Sonic pricing error, since the error was for the whole pack, not for individual games. I already own Sonic Generations, only wanted both Sonic 4 Episodes, ended up buying those 2 anyway.

Lint21

Neo Member
Gah, just missed the Sonic pack. If anyone has an extra to sell, please let me know!

Also, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free to invite. I don't play a lot of multiplayer, but I like comparing achievements and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom