• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

Did all these booster packs crash the market? One of my items sold, I still haven't got the money for it yet, and my Inventory doesn't even have the Steam items tab anymore lol.

edit: Nevermind. Steam reboot fixed the problem.

Am I imagining things or did the graphic for the mystery card just change

q6I4uXi.png

the lines are new?

Deadbeat

Banned
I love how mystery cards are now going for less than $0.80. Ill pick one up just before the sale starts as a gamble to see if it has any value.

the line ooks like one of those cartoon characters though. I'm guessing these cards are limited 'summer 2013' cards then. Neat.

Also, first booster pack, yay! Right up to the Market, yay!
(kidding)

How cool would it be if the mystery cards would turn into random Steam mascot cards when the sale begins.

I really want a Sir Roderick Bodkin card.

Grief.exe

If we didn't have to put this thread on pause right before the summer sale, it probably would have the record for fastest Steam thread yet.

Wok

I got my first booster pack, for CS:GO. I was not playing, the Steam client was even closed when it happened!

camerooni

Neo Member
Is it wrong that the intro to Sonic and Sega: All Star Racers TRANSFORMED made me giddy like a school girl !?

Anyone doing a four-pack, please let me know :)

I'm totes buying a mystery card once they drop price a little more...

Already have two and considering getting more. If they stay as rare as they are and they are needed for some summer sale shenenigans the price will skyrocket.

I can't imagine Valve being evil like that though.

Do you actually need to be playing steam card compatible games in order to get random booster packs? I have some of those games, but currently none installed and I didn't receive anything yet.

I just wanted to sell those cards :(

Do you actually need to be playing steam card compatible games in order to get random booster packs? I have some of those games, but currently none installed and I didn't receive anything yet.

Boosters are given to you randomly if you have used Steam in the last seven days.

Edit: You don't have to have the game installed or play it, as long as you have exhausted your drops for it.

Boosters drop as more badges (across Steam Community as a whole) are crafted, but that may have changed today since so many people got them.

kafiend

No boosters until you have received all the available drops for a game.

But no, if you already got the normal drops you don't have to be playing a card eligible game for booster packs to drop.

Thieve

Neo Member

Nope, you just have to log into Steam at least once a week, or every other week.

Chronoja

aww yeah, 2nd booster pack and it's for the binding of isaac. If I didn't know any better the boosters are being awarded for most time spent in a game? Binding of Isaac and TF2 are games I have the most time in and I've now got boosters for both. Probably just a coincidence.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
This is completely random, but why can't I start creating threads on NeoGaf?

HoosTrax

aww yeah, 2nd booster pack and it's for the binding of isaac. If I didn't know any better the boosters are being awarded for most time spent in a game? Binding of Isaac and TF2 are games I have the most time in and I've now got boosters for both. Probably just a coincidence.
I have almost no time invested in Really Big Sky, yet that was the one I got a booster pack for earlier this afternoon.

Vecks

Just a coincidence. I got a booster for a game I haven't touched for a while and haven't played much of.

Salsa

definetly seems like they're rolling a ton more booster packs today or they're becoming more common. Anodyne one was $4.50 early today and now it's $1.44

cicero

Mysterious Trading Card prices are starting to rise as everyone seems to have quickly bought all the cards priced in the 80 cent price range.

Dingotech

Jumped in this thread this morning and see people above mentioning they got a booster pack, I load Steam and I have one too!!

Did everybody get one? Or did I finally just get my turn?

Also is Leviathan: Warships worth the asking price at GMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom