• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

Oh i get it now. All this time I saw people referring to Mystery Cards I just thought they were talking about not knowing what you'd get in a booster pack. I missed the memo about *actual* mystery cards.

Guys, online in MK9 PC. I beg of you all, at least for right now, don't buy it if your purpose is online. The rigors of getting a private match (and actually playing that match without a desync) and the coin flips that are public matches are just a complete headache at the moment.

Beware that the story mode cutscenes are badly compressed and look bad, but aside from that the single player content is good. Look up the other issues though (only fullscreen windowed mode, dual card problems, etc) as they may affect you too.

But I don't advise buying this right now unless you absolutely love MK and want to support more fighters on PC. Like me :(

Danj

Oh i get it now. All this time I saw people referring to Mystery Cards I just thought they were talking about not knowing what you'd get in a booster pack. I missed the memo about *actual* mystery cards.

Wait what are these mystery cards? I just got home, haven't heard about this.

Hawkie

There is no sale this year.

It's ok, Gaben loves you.

gaben_tf2.jpg

HoosTrax

Is that an actual hat in TF2 for heavy (whoever created it must be a millionaire by now)? Or a one-off someone created for the image?

FloatOn

Agreed. While I have 60ish hours in BoI and only ~4 in Rogue Legacy, Isaac is the vastly superior game.

RL is adverdised as a Roguelike "lite", but that's also its biggest weakness, since every run is basically the same. With more and meaningful randomization, Rogue Legacy would be amazing. As it is now, it's "only" good.

I'm under the bias of having the first boss kill high. I agree though, Rogue Legacy absolutely lays the groundwork for what could be some truly great DLC.

And don't get me wrong I love Binding of Isaac and Team Meat in general. Rogue Legacy is just the new hotness, that's all.

Both games totally complement each other though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Went on a Steam friends adding spree that I just finished. If everyone (or even half of them) accepts me, my friends list will become unmanageable. So please reject me!

So I got my first booster pack and I unpack it like a giddy school kid after seeing the price plummet hours ago on the marketplace. Got 2 duplicates out of the 3 cards.

Hawkie

Valve must have flicked a switch somewhere, all these people getting boosters and I even got one. Something's clearly not right.

Dawg

Lately, I seem to pick random games off my list, play them for about an hour and then move on to the next game.

bored as fuck

Exuro

Does anyone have cold space as their background? It looks pretty cool in the thumbprint and I'm interested to see how it actually looks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
--->[Amazon Summer Sale]<---

Steam Activated Sales

Added to [Nuuvem] (prices may be slightly higher):

Existing at [Nuuvem]:

[Gamefly] - use code GFDJUL20 or GFDJUL20UK for an additional 20% off
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% off
Does anyone have cold space as their background? It looks pretty cool in the thumbprint and I'm interested to see how it actually looks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Let me know when you've seen it so I can change it back. You can also get the Enhanced Steam browser extension to check backgrounds out at the bottom of the edit profile page. Anyone else using Enhanced Steam will see the background you're using there, even if you don't own it.

M1mGAF9.png

Rafy

Added to Nuuvem (prices may be slightly higher):

[Nuuvem]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Let me know when you've seen it so I can change it back. You can also get the Enhanced Steam browser extension to check backgrounds out at the bottom of the edit profile page. Anyone else using Enhanced Steam will see the background you're using there, even if you don't own it.

M1mGAF9.png

blood dragon is also on sale for 19.99 R$

EDIT: FIFA13 and fifal manager also but they are not steam

KingKong

Man, mystery cards are under a dollar now? really tempted to buy a bunch in case they do play a large role on the sale. Or they could just be a chance to get random crappy coupons

inky

About $6.8x through Paypal.

Hmm, that is pretty cheap. So I get all the Skyrim DLC & Sleeping Dogs for around $30, then I only need the Steam sale for Dark Souls, if it is not cheaper somewhere else before =D

You are slippin' Gaben.

Nabs

such a shame that the netcode in MK is a hot piece of trash

I've only played people within 150 miles of me, so things have been fine. I haven't been able to get any ranked matches yet. Maybe this weekend.

At least Skullgirls netcode is oh so smooth.

Salsa

I've only played people within 150 miles of me, so things have been fine. I haven't been able to get any ranked matches yet. Maybe this weekend.

At least Skullgirls netcode is oh so smooth.

I've only been able to get in like 4 matches and there's lag in all of them

mind you this was after trying dozens of times and always disconnecting from the other player, regardless of location

game goes as far as to crash when you try to invite friends, it's just broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom