• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Sleeping Dogs with all its DLC is off 75% for $16.75 (plus $1 cashback or $2 GMG credit like, right now.

I know, but GMG never takes my cards and/or paypal, or they do when they feel like it (which hasn't been since I bought LOTR WITN). I've called my banks and it is not them and I've emailed GMG several times with no reponse. =/

Salsa

I loved I Am Alive. Perfect length and great gameplay concepts. It's like a better, but also low budget edition of The Last of Us.

for some reason I remember telling you to get it and you being disappointed by some aspect of it? maybe it was someone else

but yeah I thought it was pretty great and underrated. The lenght is a good point since I could see it becoming repetitive if it lasted any longer

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
for some reason I remember telling you to get it and you being disappointed by some aspect of it? maybe it was someone else

but yeah I thought it was pretty great and underrated. The lenght is a good point since I could see it becoming repetitive if it lasted any longer

I doubt it was me. I bought the game the day it came out on Steam and had it finished within 3 days.

Eternia

I hope this is a sign of things to come. Those Mystery Cards really raised the values of most cards up a decent amount. Maybe this will push them back down and I'll finish some badges again.

I assume (and I'm pretty sure this has been stated already) that the mystery cards will act like grandfather tokens for some sort of Summer Sale event where crafting badges nets you more rewards. That way they can reward players who are crafting badges now by giving them the mystery cards which they'll be able to exchange for the Summer Sale items.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sonic always goes on sale and pretty much always gets a pricing mistake.

I'm wondering if I should buy the Racing Games (which are the ones i want and don't have from the package) or wait and hope for another pricing mistake during the sale, as I won't play them right away...

Decisions, decisions...

Edit: Also, if whatever Summer Sale campaign is tied to cards, I don't give a fuck. Selling all the cards to buy actual games is a better choice.

Chronoja

Liking the Twin Peaks atmosphere of Alan Wake so far.
But the character animation is on par with some PS2 games. Extremely jarring.

It really is bad. Like the first time I played it I stopped the game to make sure it had installed correctly. I was sure something was wrong with the program. edit: I mean specifically the facial animation, everything else seemed alright.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sonic always goes on sale and pretty much always gets a pricing mistake.

I'm wondering if I should buy the Racing Games (which are the ones i want and don't have from the package) or wait and hope for another pricing mistake during the sale, as I won't play them right away...

Decisions, decisions...

Edit: Also, if whatever Summer Sale campaign is tied to cards, I don't give a fuck. Selling all the cards to buy actual games is a better choice.

The second Sonic racing game completely shits on the first. Just get the second one, it is awesome.

Yeah, I read the same on various forums. Seemingly there is a workaround using some tool, but I think that only applies if the buttons work. For me, Windows recognizes it but no buttons or stick work.

I am using a first round TE stick for PS3.
Need to get that VIA card I think, playing with the 360 controller doesn't cut it.

Hi guys. Thanks again for the tip of ordering a via usb card to get the PS3 TE stick to work on PC. Works like a charm now and the card was only 5 bucks on amazon. So worth it! SF4 sucks with the 360 controller.

PriitV

D9eb3wW.png
So I have a phantom item in my inventory, shows up as like that via browser and steam.. HL3 confirmed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You only need transformed, really. It beats its predecessor on basically everything.

The second Sonic racing game completely shits on the first. Just get the second one, it is awesome.

I'm a collector, I already have the first one on consoles, I want it on PC and it's like 2,50 in my region.

That's not the problem, the problem is: Should I buy both games I want from the pack for the price the entire pack was available at an error yesterday or should I hope the pack will be priced incorrectly again soon?

:D

Why do I see posts like "Wrong Thread." with no edit notice? How do you manage that?
Also it seems that I already have Gabe's Mod, thank you enhanced steam for pointing that out.

26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif

lol where is that gif from pls?

I'm fucking ashamed of this, I've had steam since it launched in puke green and have been active since then too, and I only have one friend on my friends list :(

I'm not sure why you are ashamed; you clearly are very discerning in your choice of those you allow to get close to you. Nothing wrong in that.
Hi, I do it too!

Oh, he is totally adorable! *falls totally in love* Where is that gif from please?

I hate my friends so its possible
Mind you I hate everything and everyone

Really? I love everything and everyone :).

I now finally have more friends than in real life!

I don't have any friends in real life.

\o Me too!

I sense a trend in this thread! :)

go to any steam link
add ?cc=us at the end
press enter in url bar

YOU ARE BACK IN THE LAND OF FREEDOM

Given your nationality that made me :) irl so thanks.

I dont have a creditcard though. Or PayPal. Steam has iDeal and I always use that.

Your avatar is so cute :). Thank you for making me :) just from seeing it.

Tomodachi

So I got my first booster pack, branded Trine 2. Now, do some simple math with me. It goes for around 1.15€. The cards for the game go for a minimum of 0.35-0.40€. So selling three cards would get me 1.20€ minus valve taxes (btw, how are those calculated exactly? Is it a fixed percentage?). Plus, I'd get the very remote change of getting a foil.

That said: any reason I'm missing why I should sell the booster pack as it is instead of opening it?

derExperte

So I got my first booster pack, branded Trine 2. Now, do some simple math with me. It goes for around 1.15€. The cards for the game go for a minimum of 0.35-0.40€. So selling three cards would get me 1.20€ minus valve taxes (btw, how are those calculated exactly? Is it a fixed percentage?). Plus, I'd get the very remote change of getting a foil.

That said: any reason I'm missing why I should sell the booster pack as it is instead of opening it?

No, I opened my Trine booster based on exactly that reasoning. But for whatever reason instead of selling the cards I then bought the remaining two.

Zia

Just had someone add me on Steam because I undercut them on the Market. By a cent. Like, whoa, you're not using this money to pay for your cancer treatment. It'll be okay if it takes you an extra ten minutes to make a buck.

I proceeded to patronize. Hilarity ensued. Felt good.

Just had someone add me on Steam because I undercut them on the Market. By a cent. Like, whoa, you're not using this money to pay for your cancer treatment. It'll be okay if it takes you an extra ten minutes to make a buck.

That sounds hilarious. Hope it happens to me one day.

Cards are serious business.

Tomodachi

No, I opened my Trine booster based on exactly that reasoning. But for whatever reason instead of selling the cards I then bought the remaining two.
The power of the Gaben.

Seriously though, I was under the impression that it was more profitable selling the pack as it is. However reading the trading cards thread I noticed that Steam just gave a lot of booster pack in the last few hours (they must give them away like waves then, I thought it was a more personalized process) and prices for packs went down as well.

So yeah, I'll open it as well, at worst I'll lose a few cents. But I must say this game inside the game is very entertaining.

Thieve

Neo Member

I always wondered if that would happen since they show names. I figured it'd be towards the massive undercutters though.

derExperte

The power of the Gaben.

Seriously though, I was under the impression that it was more profitable selling the pack as it is. However reading the trading cards thread I noticed that Steam just gave a lot of booster pack in the last few hours (they must give them away like waves then, I thought it was a more personalized process) and prices for packs went down as well.

So yeah, I'll open it as well, at worst I'll lose a few cents. But I must say this game inside the game is very entertaining.

People trying to sell their boosters by furiously undercutting the prices apparently aren't checking the card prices. A They Bleed Pixels pack went for 1€ while most of the cards are around .40. It's getting stupid.

Tomodachi

I always wondered if that would happen since they show names. I figured it'd be towards the massive undercutters though.
I'll be honest, I was about to write something really offensive to the guy who single-handedly destroyed the price for the Alan Wake foil card. Like, undercutting by 10€ or so. But I didn't in the end, that's what matters :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom