• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
for some reason I remember telling you to get it and you being disappointed by some aspect of it? maybe it was someone else

but yeah I thought it was pretty great and underrated. The lenght is a good point since I could see it becoming repetitive if it lasted any longer
Wasn't he Derrick? I think he kinda liked it, but wasn't a fan.

Now that I think about it, he's coming back in a few months, isn't he? I miss his (often negative) opinions, and he always explained his arguments and backed them up.

I actually had someone add me trying to collude on prices for an emoticon to keep it extremely high.

That makes more sense to me, I thought about doing something similar lol.

TBH I am surprised the entire system isn't completely broken and/or exploitable ie being able to use any emoticon yet.

People trying to sell their boosters by furiously undercutting the prices apparently aren't checking the card prices. A They Bleed Pixels pack went for 1€ while most of the cards are around .40. It's getting stupid.

yep, I'm still angry lol. Hoping the prize goes up over the night, but at this rate I just might use it up and pray for a foil card.

Got a booster for Monster Loves You. Had forgotten I even owned the game (despite getting it not more 3 weeks ago). Checked card prices for the game and they were relatively high (~0.7-0.8 dollars). The booster was going for ~$3 when I listed it. I check now and there's a whole page of people who have undercut mine. Reading the last few pages of the thread makes me think that they really did open the tap on boosters today.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The power of the Gaben.

Seriously though, I was under the impression that it was more profitable selling the pack as it is. However reading the trading cards thread I noticed that Steam just gave a lot of booster pack in the last few hours (they must give them away like waves then, I thought it was a more personalized process) and prices for packs went down as well.

So yeah, I'll open it as well, at worst I'll lose a few cents. But I must say this game inside the game is very entertaining.
Meta-metagame? How deep are we right now?

I was just going to ask if there was an explosion of booster but I see it's being discussed.

I got an ARES Booster at lunch, put it up for $3.00 (lowest price) and by the time I got home they're selling for $1.00.

I guess I should just open it and sell/trade the individuals.

Zia

What boosters is that working for? The cards inside that I've checked are still going for about or less than the boosters themselves.

I've done it with Magicka, Super Meat Boy and Portal 2. I haven't actually made a lot of money. Basically a few cents here and there for a chance at a foil. It looks like the prices are rising a little now, though.

A heads up if you please XD

Wasn't there some kind of frozenbyte special? I don't see it in the store main page.

Anyway what interests me is Goblin Menace, how much is that?

I've done it with Magicka, Super Meat Boy and Portal 2. I haven't actually made a lot of money. Basically a few cents here and there for a chance at a foil. It looks like the prices are rising a little now, though.

Yeah it's hard to gauge with the prices fluctuating. I'll keep an eye out and yeah the chance of a foil is almost just worth the gamble to take a slight loss.

smr00

Banned
I know some people that will be disappointed because it seems they won't bring the Borderlands 2 bundle back.
I'm disappointed because the entire sale has been doo-doo but i am also glad because it's more money i can throw at Steam.

I got my digital wad of space bucks ready to torpedo at steam.

Chronoja

dammit I bought lev.: warships the other day for 4 quid thinking that'd be as low as it would go for a while. How wrong was I? quite wrong is the answer

FloatOn

GUYS!

I finally beat the giant eyeball boss in Rogue Legacy. Now all this cool shit is dropping for me and I'm destroying everything. When this game clicks it really clicks.

The Binding of Isaac reboot is going to have to step up their game if they are going to touch how great this game is.

Grief.exe

GUYS!

I finally beat the giant eyeball boss in Rogue Legacy. Now all this cool shit is dropping for me and I'm destroying everything. When this game clicks it really clicks.

The Binding of Isaac reboot is going to have to step up their game if they are going to touch how great this game is.

They aren't going to completely reinvent the wheel when it comes to the Binding of Isaac remake.
If you like Binding of Isaac, you are going to enjoy the remake.

The big change is they are going to C# instead of Flash which allows them to have more enemies on screen, more missiles on screen, new items, bosses, and areas.

They couldn't even compile the Wrath of The Lamb version anymore in Flash, it would fail everytime.

derExperte

Oh no, Gabe doesn't believe me that I'm not a US-citizen, maybe because I used a fake address once upon a time.

Your submission has been received, but we need to verify proof of non-U.S. residency before we can remove the 200 sale limit in the Community Market. In the next couple of weeks, we will send you an email with instructions on how to send the required documents.

I hope it doesn't really take a 'couple of weeks'. Has someone else seen / experience with this?

Thieve

Neo Member
They aren't going to completely reinvent the wheel when it comes to the Binding of Isaac remake.
If you like Binding of Isaac, you are going to enjoy the remake.

The big change is they are going to C# instead of Flash which allows them to have more enemies on screen, more missiles on screen, new items, bosses, and areas.

They couldn't even compile the Wrath of The Lamb version anymore in Flash, it would fail everytime.

They're adding co-op too, which is kinda big, and another expansion the size of Wrath of the Lamb (iirc).

Fenror

Neo Member
GUYS!

You'll find soon that Rogue Legacy does not even come close to Isaac in terms of replayability.

Edit: Not saying Rogue Legacy is bad though, it's amazing!

image.php

sibarraz

Banned
I got excited for that Sonic Bundle for 75% off until i saw that before the discount it's $107. That same bundle is going to be $10 on amazon i think next week. Actually i think the Amazon bundle has a few more games.

Actually, the gmg bundle has way more games than the amazon one (includes transformed for example)

You'll find soon that Rogue Legacy does not even come close to Isaac in terms of replayability.

Edit: Not saying Rogue Legacy is bad though, it's amazing!

Agreed. While I have 60ish hours in BoI and only ~4 in Rogue Legacy, Isaac is the vastly superior game.

RL is adverdised as a Roguelike "lite", but that's also its biggest weakness, since every run is basically the same. With more and meaningful randomization, Rogue Legacy would be amazing. As it is now, it's "only" good.

Actually, the gmg bundle has way more games than the amazon one (includes transformed for example)

This is what the GMG bundle includes:

This bundle includes the following:
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic SEGA All Stars Racing
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2