• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Sad because no PD, obviously. Sonic is good as far as I can tell, although the karts feel a bit floaty.

Crimson Dragon isn't a Kinect-only game anymore but if it's still built around it, it probably won't make a difference. I just wish it was on a platform that wasn't dead last on my list to get.

Yeah, a new proper PD would be great.

I was totally joking on advising a xbox one purchase btw. But I guess that wasn't clear because it's late and this is the internet.

Autofokus

joystick_-_microsoft_bms4a.jpg
Is this the original one from the mid-nineties? My local gamestore had a demo unit, where you could activate various vibration patterns - truly fascinating back then. Afair it was ~300 bucks, couldn't afford it. Instead, I bought a Logitech Wingman Extreme which wasn't bad at all. :)

oipic

Leviathan: Warships was $2.50 on GMG? Already? Missed that somehow.

That'll teach me for playing games to amass cards, and not idling - still, mucking about with Magicka wasn't a bad way to kill a couple of hours, I guess.

Have a whole bunch of cards now, and no real idea of what to do with them. Wait to see what comes of this sale metagame, perhaps?

Is this the original one from the mid-nineties? My local gamestore had a demo unit, where you could activate various vibration patterns - truly fascinating back then. Afair it was ~300 bucks, couldn't afford it. Instead, I bought a Logitech Wingman Extreme which wasn't bad at all. :)

It is a force feedback pro. I'm thinking you might be talking about a precision pro but it depends.

Taking me back here. Joystick ports used to be an actual thing. :(

GMG 666

capture3zslv.png
Confrontation $7.99
capture3zslv.png
The Night of the Rabbit $15.99
capture3zslv.png
A New Beginning: Final Cut $4.99
capture3zslv.png
Worms: Collection $28.29
capture3zslv.png
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition $4.99
capture3zslv.png
Europa Universalis II $2.48

Nuuvem

imagesvbsma.jpg
Doom 3 BFG ~$10
imagesvbsma.jpg
Skyrim ~$17 plus the remorse of wasting your life
imagesvbsma.jpg
Lords of football ~$10

It is a force feedback pro. I'm thinking you might be talking about a precision pro but it depends.

Taking me back here. Joystick ports used to be an actual thing. :(

GMG 666

capture3zslv.png
Confrontation $7.99
capture3zslv.png
The Night of the Rabbit $15.99
capture3zslv.png
A New Beginning: Final Cut $4.99
capture3zslv.png
Worms: Collection $28.29
capture3zslv.png
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition $4.99
capture3zslv.png
Europa Universalis II $2.48

Nuuvem

imagesvbsma.jpg
Doom 3 BFG ~$10
imagesvbsma.jpg
Skyrim ~$17 plus the remorse of wasting your life
imagesvbsma.jpg
Lords of football ~$10

With that logo I think I prefer Nuuvem :p
Also GMG deals need to get better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you don't have faith that it will go on seal, it won't.

Considering the game could be pre-ordered on the official website for $10, I think it's likely to be 33% off during the Summer Sale, but such a discount wouldn't interest me as Dunder is asking $10 for it now. In other words, I could put the money to use elsewhere and pick up the game at its reduced price a little later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Better code than the 10%er floating around, or just had some credit sitting around from one of the other sales?

I had $2 of GMG credit that I received after purchasing Rush Bros. the other day.

I think you only get that if you submit a game to Greenlight. They should probably add a Greenlight widget for everyone else.

Being able to showcase Greenlight titles deserving of votes would be great.

Nzyme32

i thought we weren't supposed to make predictions on this thread?

Apologies if I wasn't meant to. I thought it just meant for people not to keep asking if anyone knows. I'd make a separate thread but I lurked too much and only recently joined so can't post. My bad, i'll shut up.

Salsa

oh apparently PS3 arcade sticks arent as reliable when it comes to PC recognition as 360 ones

every 360 version of the sticks is more expensive, shit

Salsa

Correct. Specifically NVidia chipsets. Worst case you will need like a $3 usb card.

I do have an Intel chipset, but I wonder if it's still worth finding the 360 version tho

im assuming it's less of a hassle? games recognizing it as a 360 pad straight away and such

I dont want motionjoy/joy2key nastyness

ps3 ver is $48, 360 ver is $70

Copons

Does anyone know how they calculated the starting level and XP points, when they introduced them?

I'm at lvl 10 with 1036 XP (no badges yet) and I'm kinda curious to know how I got there, as I wasn't really involved in Steam community, microtransactions, workshop and whatever, but I still see people (not "socially" engaged either) at a lower level than me, even if they have more games.

parski

Getting a shit tonne of spam from Nuuvem. According to the footer in every mail I get from them they're against spam. I checked my account setting and I have the whatever-newsletter-is-in-portuguese-box unchecked.

I don't even remember what game I bought from them. Anybody figure out how to stop the spam?

Does anyone know how they calculated the starting level and XP points, when they introduced them?

I'm at lvl 10 with 1036 XP (no badges yet) and I'm kinda curious to know how I got there, as I wasn't really involved in Steam community, microtransactions, workshop and whatever, but I still see people (not "socially" engaged either) at a lower level than me, even if they have more games.
You do have badges, your years of service on Steam, your game count badge, the sales participations, etc. Click on the Badges section of your profile to see the exp breakdown of everything you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom