• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Just picked up Skullgirls and Mortal Kombat on Steam. There are some monsters out there. I haven't practiced a fighting game in 2 years, so I figured the PC crowd wouldn't be so stupidly skilled. NOPE! I was wrong. I gotta sneak in a few practice sessions when my wife isn't looking.

Copons

You do have badges, your years of service on Steam, your game count badge, the sales participations, etc. Click on the Badges section of your profile to see the exp breakdown of everything you've got.

Oh man, I'm feeling pretty dumb now!
I meant trading card badges (which I do not have any), and I totally forgot that even community badges have XP (and I even checked them a couple of days ago, trying to understand the starting level thing...).

Nabs

I do have an Intel chipset, but I wonder if it's still worth finding the 360 version tho

im assuming it's less of a hassle? games recognizing it as a 360 pad straight away and such

I dont want motionjoy/joy2key nastyness

ps3 ver is $48, 360 ver is $70

Man, if you're thinking Brawl, just go TE.

Forkball

I had $2.50 in my Steam wallet, sold some cards, and now I have $11.44 and I still have 11 more games to get cards from.

SUMMER SALE HERE I COME

Dingotech

I had $2.50 in my Steam wallet, sold some cards, and now I have $11.44 and I still have 11 more games to get cards from.

SUMMER SALE HERE I COME

so_good.gif

Divius

SUMMER SALE HERE I COME
Yeah it's pretty nice. I only have a handful of games eligible for cards and have €7,78 gathered from them so far. If this means I can pick up an extra game from my wishlist during the sale, that would be awesome.

derExperte

Booster pack prices are slowly creeping up again. Maybe should have grabbed more (and waited longer to sell the ones I got). Question is if there now will be waves and every Friday is booster-day or if there'll be a constant stream of them.

Has anyone ever thought that the Mystery Card might just turn into a regular card of a random game?

Unlikely. People would get mad as hell and Valve wouldn't have written "The kind of mysterious card you might want to hold on to." in the description.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm looking to get an arcade stick as well. SF4, MK9, soon KoFXIII and maybe SFxT... it is time.

Thing is, I had a HRAP3 SA for my PS3 which I sold when I went PC (how was I to know we'd actually get fighters?) so now I am totally spoiled. What to dooo...

Can anyone help me with an issue I am having with Mortal Kombat.

It set up and ran perfectly on my desktop. But on my laptop whenever I do the first time set up stuff it fails after doing step 2 of 2 - installing vc redist package. It pops an error saying Failed To Start. Then when I try open again it just repeats.

At first I thought it was having issues with me just copying the files from my desktop so I deleted the game content and re downloaded from scratch but still no go. Google gives me nothing when I search the issue.

Both machines run Win8 Pro x64.

I'm looking to get an arcade stick as well. SF4, MK9, soon KoFXIII and maybe SFxT... it is time.

Thing is, I had a HRAP3 SA for my PS3 which I sold when I went PC (how was I to know we'd actually get fighters?) so now I am totally spoiled. What to dooo...

Next gen TE sticks look pretty great... Assuming they work on PC. HRAP3 SA was godlike though.

Hawkie

The British & Irish Lions win the test series in Australia.

To celebrate there's a free Sonic Hits Collection bundle to the first person to PM me.

Edit: Grats to The_Monk!

smr00

Banned
So i decided to sell all these cards i have been hording up super cheap last night and i log on like 15 minutes ago and see i had like 50 steam sale e-mails and a e-mail from comcast security freaking out thinking i have some kind of adware bot installed.

I spent 10 minutes on the phone arguing and assuring the guy that i don't have a bot. Steam always trying to start some shit SMH.

Probably someone already said it, but I've an idea on what Mystery Cards could be.
DZO4WzN.png

You can see that at the bottom of the card there are some dotted lines, like the ones you can see in a treasure map.
350px-Steam_treasure_hunt.jpg

like the last event.
So my guess is that every mystery card will turn into some piece of map, and when someone gathers all the pieces unlocks something (maybe just a badge, maybe some bonuses)

We have put together some information about mystery cards, if anyone is interested in collecting these cards, should check it out: http://steamdb.info/blog/20/
Thanks for that, it verifies the total I was seeing in the trading bot website.

Hmm, I need two more Mysterious Cards (assuming the eight I have are unique).

Now the question is, buy the cards outright or buy some cheap badges so I can level up as well.

HoosTrax

We have put together some information about mystery cards, if anyone is interested in collecting these cards, should check it out: http://steamdb.info/blog/20/
I guess the fact that there are ten different cards doesn't fit into my theory that the cards are going to be for the Steam mascots (I think there are six total -- three in addition to the original three).

steam.png

Unless Summer Seal is #7, and that still leaves #8, #9, and #10

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I was under the impression that Mystery Cards replaced discount coupons entirely. I maxed out the Magicka badge a couple of days ago and received one each time I levelled up said badge.

Sadist

Oh wait...

When I start up my PC (every time this week) it will download a update that never finishes it seems. Afterwards, it just disappears and I can't connect to the Steam servers. Anybody know what this problem is? It says my steam client is up-to-date, so I'm kinda confused here.

Edit: never mind, it just came back, lol.

Oh right Steam cards hehe.

javadots

Banned
Oh wait...

When I start up my PC (every time this week) it will download a update that never finishes it seems. Afterwards, it just disappears and I can't connect to the Steam servers. Anybody know what this problem is?

Try signing up for Beta participation through settings and after restarting Steam, take yourself off of Beta participation the same way you signed up for it, by going through Settings.Restart and see if that does anything for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Make a dedicated thread. A list that large is going to flood this thread for several pages.

Edit: Oops, totally spaced on the fact you're not a full member, haha.

I PMed for BoDVII/CStW to pass on to a friend of mine.

You might get it twice, I tried on Mobile GAF while I was getting donuts but I don't think it went through.

Wok

Probably someone already said it, but I've an idea on what Mystery Cards could be.
DZO4WzN.png

You can see that at the bottom of the card there are some dotted lines, like the ones you can see in a treasure map.
350px-Steam_treasure_hunt.jpg

like the last event.
So my guess is that every mystery card will turn into some piece of map, and when someone gathers all the pieces unlocks something (maybe just a badge, maybe some bonuses)

This is a clever guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom