• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrValtor

Banned
Time for a little giveaway.
Pm me with the game you want.

Adventures Of Shuggy
Aquanox
Aquanox 2
A Valley Without Wind (Belive its both 1 & 2)
Bioshock
Breath Of Death VII
Broken Sword
Cargo Commander
Chutulu Saves The World
Civilization V
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Dear Esther
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Edna & Harveys New Eyes
Eufloria
Europa Unversalis III
Grotesque Tactics 2
Hard Reset
Home
Kung-Fu Strike
Krater
Krater DLC Character
Lucius
Mafia II
Nightsky
Oil Rush
Painkiller Black Edition
Painkiller Overdose
Pid
Primordia
Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest (one key)
Rochard
Tiny Big Grandpas Leftovers
Two Worlds II
Shank 2
Sherlock Holmes The Awakening
Sherlock Holmes Jack The Ripper
Sniper Elite V2
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
Splice
Vessel
Waking Mars

Thanks ! PM'd for Sniper Elite V2.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Time for a little giveaway.
Pm me with the game you want.

Adventures Of Shuggy
Aquanox
Aquanox 2
A Valley Without Wind (Belive its both 1 & 2)
Bioshock
Breath Of Death VII
Broken Sword
Cargo Commander
Chutulu Saves The World
Civilization V
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Dear Esther
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Edna & Harveys New Eyes
Eufloria
Europa Unversalis III
Grotesque Tactics 2
Hard Reset
Home
Kung-Fu Strike
Krater
Krater DLC Character
Lucius
Mafia II
Nightsky
Oil Rush
Painkiller Black Edition
Painkiller Overdose
Pid
Primordia
Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest (one key)
Rochard
Tiny Big Grandpas Leftovers
Two Worlds II
Shank 2
Sherlock Holmes The Awakening
Sherlock Holmes Jack The Ripper
Sniper Elite V2
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
Splice
Vessel
Waking Mars
PM for hard reset :)

HoosTrax

Anyone here use a Wii Classic Controller Pro (the one made for the first Wii)? How well does it work for PC games and Steam [BPM?] in general. Thinking about buying one for platformers.

Anyone here use a Wii Classic Controller Pro (the one made for the first Wii)? How well does it work for PC games and Steam [BPM?] in general. Thinking about buying one for platformers.
I suggested one for a friend and he is loving it.

I would like to use one as well, I just haven't bothered acquiring an adapter yet (and my 360/Saturn pad combo is fine as is).

Uiki

You need to plug it in the wiimote...or am i missing something?

Tomodachi

Guys... what's the point in giveaways via PMs if you flood the thread saying you PM'd him anyway? Thank him via PM as well!
I know I know, I'm contributing to the flooding myself with this post, still it had to be said.

I post on the thread what i PM'd so whoever is going to PM him next can keep track of what was already Pm'd
The intention is right but he was already striking the games taken ;)

Guys... what's the point in giveaways via PMs if you flood the thread saying you PM'd him anyway? Thank him via PM as well!
I know I know, I'm contributing to the flooding myself with this post, still it had to be said.

I post on the thread what i PM'd so whoever is going to PM him next can keep track of what was already Pm'd

HoosTrax

Oh, cool. I might get one. I'm so sick of the 360 controller dpad >_>
I hear ya. Between the 360's analog and dpad, neither of them is ideal for platformers. The DS's dpad felt pretty good to me, and the Wii Classic Pro looks like the closest thing to it.

Duo014

My mystery cards with my foiled mystery cards are sorted like this.
Mystery foil - mystery - mystery foil - mystery - mystery - mystery - mystery ,...
I assume this means i have two different foils .
Wll we get double cards in this mystery hunt, we dont't know :/

Maybe you guys could help me out

I have an Asus X401A laptop
Windows 7
Intel Pentium B970 @ 2.30GHz
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

Why can I run games like HL2 and Amnesia on medium with very few hiccups but Thief Deadly Shadows made in 2004 runs like crap?

What should be my benchmark when I'm looking at game specs and what games could I probably run well?

Also I'm very new to PC gaming and I'm not tech savvy at all so any tips on how to get more/improved performance would be helpful. I don't have the $$ to get a better laptop so if there are any ways I could make this Asus better, that info would be appreciated

Addnan

Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

Why can I run games like HL2 and Amnesia on medium with very few hiccups but Thief Deadly Shadows made in 2004 runs like crap?

What should be my benchmark when I'm looking at game specs and what games could I probably run well?

Also I'm very new to PC gaming and I'm not tech savvy at all so any tips on how to get more/improved performance would be helpful. I don't have the $$ to get a better laptop so if there are any ways I could make this Asus better, that info would be appreciated

It's going to be a bit hit and miss, they are pretty low specs even for a laptop. Most devs don't optimise for low end laptops. Source games should run fine.

Dawg

Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

It seems your GPU is one of those Intel onboard graphics thingies. That's pretty low end and probably the biggest reason you have low fps on certain games. The CPU isn't anything special either.

You can't upgrade a laptop save for HDD and ram so saving up for a real pc is your only option to join the masterrace in the future.

Chronoja

Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

I'd imagine it's because old game engines, such as the one thief was made on, it wasn't designed as efficiently or as scalable as Source engine or the HPL engine used with Amnesia (at least I think its the HPL engine). Sometimes games will run like crap even on the best of machines if they aren't optimized well.

Theif is not optimized for modern graphics card.

I have a Laptop with an i3 M350 CPU and a ATI HD5650 and 8gb DDR3. I can run Planetside 2 (very heavy game) at medium, getting about 30fps, but f'n TF2 runs with a lot of hicups

Dawg

Theif is not optimized for modern graphics card.

I have a Laptop with an i3 M350 CPU and a ATI HD5650 and 8gb DDR3. I can run Planetside 2 (very heavy game) at medium, getting about 30fps, but f'n TF2 runs with a lot of hicups

You know, that's kinda strange since Planetside 2 isn't the best optimised game either :p TF2 though, usually runs good on nearly every pc spec.

Just saw the sales for the Sonic games, never knew they were on Steam. Are there any issues with the first three games? How does Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles work? The Sonic and Knuckles standalone game that came after Sonic 3 doesn't seem to be on the store

Razorskin

----- ------

Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

Not much you can do without buying a new laptop.

I'd imagine it's because old game engines, such as the one thief was made on, it wasn't designed as efficiently or as scalable as Source engine or the HPL engine used with Amnesia (at least I think its the HPL engine). Sometimes games will run like crap even on the best of machines if they aren't optimized well.
Well most indie games, I've been able to run away. Vessel runs nicely. Of couse the demos for Twin Sector and Magrunner don't run well. So it seems any smaller indie/2D games, I'm good.

So I guess, Xavin...just hold onto Lucius

And @speenpoker - I'm so sorry. I redeemed Thief but can't even run it. I thought because it was an old game, I'd be able to run it at least at low settings. Thank you for your generosity though and I hope you're enjoying the Double Fine games

Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
Intel HD Graphics
3.89 GB of Ram

Are these good specs?

Yeah, you should probably only be looking to run indie titles on that thing.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
And @speenpoker - I'm so sorry. I redeemed Thief but can't even run it. I thought because it was an old game, I'd be able to run it at least at low settings. Thank you for your generosity though and I hope you're enjoying the Double Fine games

See, your backlog is already growing... It's only a small step to "I can't run this game yet, but this deal is so good, I'll buy it anyway for whenever I get a new computer."

Any thoughts on Grotesque Tactics or it's sequel? Tempted to grab the bundle while it is sub $4.

Is there a way to activate a game via a key without it starting the download? In other words, I'd like to redeem some keys I got from a bundle to link them to my account but don't yet want to install them. Is this possible or should I just hold onto the keys?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to activate a game via a key without it starting the download? In other words, I'd like to redeem some keys I got from a bundle to link them to my account but don't yet want to install them. Is this possible or should I just hold onto the keys?

Just click "Cancel" as soon as you've redeemed them.

Chronoja

Just saw the sales for the Sonic games, never knew they were on Steam. Are there any issues with the first three games? How does Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles work? The Sonic and Knuckles standalone game that came after Sonic 3 doesn't seem to be on the store

It's Sonic 3 & Knuckles, so it operates as both joined together the way it was meant to be. I loaded it up to check, I don't think there's a way to play them both separate, though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Addnan

Have SimBin games been part of some bundle that I missed? A lot of people on my friends list seem to own it, but they don't seem like people who playing driving games..

r3n4ud

Well most indie games, I've been able to run away. Vessel runs nicely. Of couse the demos for Twin Sector and Magrunner don't run well. So it seems any smaller indie/2D games, I'm good.

So I guess, Xavin...just hold onto Lucius

I think it's time you visit here

I think it's time you visit here
Actually I posted the same thing about my Asus and specs there as well. No way I can buy a new PC anyway right now. Well, I joined Steam mainly for the indie scene, for games like Gunpoint and Frozen Synapse, and I have my consoles for the AAA games until I can upgrade to a better laptop

You know, that's kinda strange since Planetside 2 isn't the best optimised game either :p TF2 though, usually runs good on nearly every pc spec.

Planetside 2 just came out months ago, and is going to be FTP on PS4 (as it is on PC). It's a very demanding game, so I wouldn't expect it would run as good as it does. If you haven't seen it, think of Battlefield 3 in space. It's kinda wierd having a recent demanding game run fine, and a 10 year old game run like crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2yYrEciJU <- Planetside 2

Dawg

Planetside 2 just came out months ago, and is going to be FTP on PS4 (as it is on PC). It's a very demanding game, so I wouldn't expect it would run as good as it does. If you haven't seen it, think of Battlefield 3 in space. It's kinda wierd having a recent demanding game run fine, and a 10 year old game run like crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2yYrEciJU <- Planetside 2

Oh, I've seen it. Even played it. My pc is very high-end though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom