• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

That's a tempting Remember Me price but the review scores still make it sound more like a $10-15 game. Blargh I can't decide.

Blizzard

Banned
That's a tempting Remember Me price but the review scores still make it sound more like a $10-15 game. Blargh I can't decide.
What price is this and where? I tried searching the thread but didn't see anything.

And about people who were mentioning Gunslinger, try the demo! It's my favorite game I've played this year, and I think it's well worth even full price if you're in the mood to play it right at this moment.

hylje

image.php

The game is on, Mrs Hudson.

Thanks to generous Xavin !

DSix

Banned
Damn, Sonic All Stars Transformed is awesome. I didn't expect to love a kart racer again since MK64. But man, it's so good.

Damn, Sonic All Stars Transformed is awesome. I didn't expect to love a kart racer again since MK64. But man, it's so good.

I know, it's seriously the best kart racer since CTR for me. So much fun. It's a little sad that I know almost noone of the characters, since I'm not a big Sega fan. Only recognize some of the sonic cast :p

If I get the Orange Box (during the Summer sale of course), I could do that awesome mod with the Portal gun in HL2, right?

Cause that would be awesome

For booster packs, all I need to do is get all my card drops for a specific game and Ill randomly get a booster pack, regardless of whether im in the game or not?

Any idea where thr mystery card came from either? Just curious, noone I know got one.

derExperte

Thanks. So the game cards do not pay for the game.

Depends on which ones you get. Half off won't be a problem and it'll take a while before the game goes on sale. So if you want it, it's still a good idea to buy now. And you could get a foil...

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply.:

Runnin 2 -- MB-CC51A8D1A8FF6957 Taken by Stumpokapow, not a real key.
Walking 1 -- MB-C5FDC8CCB4D8E72E Taken, also not a real key

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am giving away a copy of Tiny and Big.

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below. If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply:

Tiny and Big -- MB-707AE6DDC3E49529 Taken by Deadbeat

(also this is very very beta so expect a delay or the key not working)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I dont know, this giveaway system sounds confusing. I like the dumb 'hey u guys quote this and ill pm you the rewardssss!?"

Well you're always welcome to use the dumb system, except that it floods the thread and if you're giving away 20 games then that's 20 PMs you need to deal with at minimum.

Tomodachi

I'm getting a macbook in autumn and I was wondering: what happens when I go to my steam library from my mac client? Do I see every game I own regardless of the platform or only the ones running on mac?
The first possibility would be awful, although I fear it's the most probable since I can see mac versions when looking at my library from windows.

And another question, if I buy a game that has a mac version as well, do I always get said version? In other words, is every mac game (or windows game with an existing mac version) on steam steamplay? Or do the developers get to decide if they want to go steamplay or not?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, it's actually pretty nice if you automatically see who has taken keys. If the delay is long it can be annoying though.

Well users are limited to one PM every 30 seconds, right? So whether you use the bot or do it yourself, there's going to be a delay giving away a ton of games.

Right now the giver-away gets a receipt ASAP of who took their games. I haven't set it up to automatically edit the post in the thread (actually that's very difficult to do for a few reasons, but I could probably do it).

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm getting a macbook in autumn and I was wondering: what happens when I go to my steam library from my mac client? Do I see every game I own regardless of the platform or only the ones running on mac?
The first possibility would be awful, although I fear it's the most probable since I can see mac versions when looking at my library from windows.

And another question, if I buy a game that has a mac version as well, do I always get said version? In other words, is every mac game (or windows game with an existing mac version) on steam steamplay? Or do the developers get to decide if they want to go steamplay or not?

I think it might list your games and then say 'unavailable' in the install column.

Okay, can someone do a step by step breakdown of this new system? I'm confused

So ModBot is someone we send a PM too? Or is that a program or something?

Slyjss

You have a category called "Games for Mac" with the ones you can install and another one called "Every Game" (it might not be this exact name, I have Steam in Spanish) with all your purchases.

Not all games are Steamplay. Indie developers often offer Steamplay, but most of the AAA ports are made by developers who are specialized in Mac games, the big ones are Feral and Aspyr. Aspyr almost always uploads Steamplay (Civ V, Borderlands 2) while Feral has only uploaded X-COM (you won't have Bioshock or Deus Ex HR, although both have ports)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

There is nothing to worry about yet. There is no new system yet. I'm just testing stuff. You don't need to worry.

Cth

It's still in development, but the Cliff Notes guide..

When someone creates a giveaway, they'll set it up with the bot (in private testing now presumably)

In the thread, they say, "Msg the bot with this passkey to enter"

If they're the first one to reply, the bot will accept the passkey and send the real steam key to the winner.

If they're not first, they don't get a reply.

The benefits of doing it this way is finding out who is redeeming the keys you're giving away.

(Also, when doing a bulk giveaway, you don't get swamped with a lot of PMs, the bot will)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom