• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Well users are limited to one PM every 30 seconds, right? So whether you use the bot or do it yourself, there's going to be a delay giving away a ton of games.

Right now the giver-away gets a receipt ASAP of who took their games. I haven't set it up to automatically edit the post in the thread (actually that's very difficult to do for a few reasons, but I could probably do it).

How are we supposed to give away something though the bot?

73V3N

Banned
The only thing that's better on steamgifts in comparison to the bot, is that people can't enter giveaways for games they already have.

KarmaCow

I got tempted into the card flipping game and bought a booster pack that seemed to going for cheap. Soon after I realised this is a deep hole to dive into, I sold it back for the same price I bought it but due to exchange rate differences my wallet is now 1c off from a rounded number.

Deadbeat

Banned
What do you mean by that? The gift group is invite-only, no?
How many of those people are active on this forum? How many will respond right away? If you enter on this forum through a post or PM, theres the immediacy of a response being available. Theres people in those groups who havent been on for a while.

Unless you make an announcement for each raffle and then randomly choose through the comments posted. But thats just another hassle.

It's still in development, but the Cliff Notes guide..

When someone creates a giveaway, they'll set it up with the bot (in private testing now presumably)

In the thread, they say, "Msg the bot with this passkey to enter"

If they're the first one to reply, the bot will accept the passkey and send the real steam key to the winner.

If they're not first, they don't get a reply.

The benefits of doing it this way is finding out who is redeeming the keys you're giving away.

(Also, when doing a bulk giveaway, you don't get swamped with a lot of PMs, the bot will)
Got it, thanks

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Sonic Allstars is incredible, what a suprise.
Looks amazing as well.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is it me or is it not possible to be as precise with how much throttle you use in Trials Gold as you can in Trials on the 360? It definitely feels a bit off. Also, the medal times for the HD tracks should've been adjusted for the Evolution bikes. I'm getting Platinum medals on nearly all tracks on the first try because most tracks are much easier than with the original bikes. There are a few moments where it's a bit more challenging without the old physics, though.

Tomodachi

You have a category called "Games for Mac" with the ones you can install and another one called "Every Game" (it might not be this exact name, I have Steam in Spanish) with all your purchases.

Not all games are Steamplay. Indie developers often offer Steamplay, but most of the AAA ports are made by developers who are specialized in Mac games, the big ones are Feral and Aspyr. Aspyr almost always uploads Steamplay (Civ V, Borderlands 2) while Feral has only uploaded X-COM (you won't have Bioshock or Deus Ex HR, although both have ports)
Thanks, you've been perfectly exhaustive. Not very happy about the last part but whatever, I'm keeping my PC for gaming, it was just a curiosity :)

deleted

Why did I get a HL2 booster pack? Last time I played it was weeks ago and I didn't even had a game running when I got it. I thought they only appeared while playing?!

73V3N

Banned
I wish I could run Sonic Racing properly, I need to run it at something like 320x200 to get 15fps max.

old laptop ;_;

Why did I get a HL2 booster pack? Last time I played it was weeks ago and I didn't even had a game running when I got it. I thought they only appeared while playing?!

The only thing you need to do to get booster packs is to be online on steam at least once a week.
that's it, you don't need to be playing or something.

KarmaCow

Nope, you just need to have already received all the card drops for that game.

You get booster packs randomly, as long as you've had all the card drops for that game. It tells you if your eligible for booster pack drops on the badge page; highlight over "how do I earn drops" for each game and it should tell you if you are.

I wish I could run Sonic Racing properly, I need to run it at something like 320x200 to get 15fps max.

old laptop ;_;

The only thing you need to do to get booster packs is to be online on steam at least once a week.
that's it, you don't need to be playing or something.

Thanks for reminding me, was just about to click the buy button. Since there is a free weekend, I'll download it and try to see if it runs well

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just beat Proteus. Didnt even realize there was a game there. Took me 50 min, reminded me of Journey. Somehow though i feel the game might be worth more 4.99 instead of 9.99. I did discover some easter eggs so maybe there are more.

Blizzard

Banned
I picked up Ace of Spades and then realized it was multiplayer only so I'm guessing the community is nearly dead. :p Oh well, still looks kind of neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom