• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks very much but are you sure you don't want either of those two games?

If you're sure I'll offer them to someone else in this thread.

GAFers have been so kind in giving me free games recently that I am keen to give something back to the community.

No, I'm sure. I have Bioshock on PS3 (still unfinished) and I got my strategy angle covered by Frozen Synapse and Infested Planet.

Thank you anyway

Turfster

Thanks, it worked for Offspring Fling.

The ModBot is so handsome btw.

Tried pming the bot for offspring fling to see what it would do if the key was already used.
Apparently, nothing so far. ;)

Of course, when you get nothing back, it's normal to assume the key is gone already, but maybe some kind of "already taken" message would be helpful, just in case people try to spam it.

Tried pming the bot for offspring fling to see what it would do if the key was already used.

Of course, when you get nothing back, it's normal to assume the key is gone already, but maybe some kind of "already taken" message would be helpful, just in case people try to spam it.

I agree on the "already taken"

Dinosur

Sucks that it's $10 since it has been in a Groupees cheap bundle before, but adventure game fans, Edna and Harvey is absolutely amazing.

Never jumped in on all the friend list fun times...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/forensick/

* Profile pic is something that won me a Rock Band twitter prize, I'm not that weird lol.

Okay then boys and girls, i has the following keys that are in need of a good home:

Bioshock [from Amazon US but activates in Steam]
Multiwinia [from GOG so no Steam activation but you can shortcut to it in Steam]

Please quote and say which you would like to home and I'll send them to you via PM :).

Okay then boys and girls, i has the following keys that are in need of a good home:

Multiwinia [from GOG so no Steam activation but you can shortcut to it in Steam]

Please quote and say which you would like to home and I'll send them to you via PM :).

I'd love Multiwinia, thank you.

I'd like Bioshock, if it's available.

Is Bioshock asking for too much? xD
Edit: damn xD

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The idea is that eventually it will edit the giveaway post directly to mark stuff as taken, I just need to figure out the safest and most reliable way to have the bot authorize itself as a moderator to be able to do so.

Hofmann

If you haven't received a PM instantly that means someone took it already - I got mine after just a few seconds.

Oh, and Offspring Fling is a pretty cool time waster.

Ezra2680

New sales up at GMG

tQbeLq8.jpg

Also 20% off code

pQBjKZE.jpg

Turfster

The idea is that eventually it will edit the giveaway post directly to mark stuff as taken, I just need to figure out the safest and most reliable way to have the bot authorize itself as a moderator to be able to do so.

Right, that hit me afterwards.
You could let the modbot do a post in the thread, instead of the person that gifted the stuff.
It could edit its own posts, right?

If you haven't received a PM instantly that means someone took it already - I got mine after just a few seconds.

I know, it was a specific test of something that was already gone, sort of a UI test ;)

The_Monk

save the 7.49 on Darkness 2 and just youtube that fantastic intro sequence (best part of game)

what are these deponia games about?

Point & Click games with a little bit of humour fellow GAFfer. Played 2 hours of the first so far and I quite like the Art Style. Story seems interesting so far but I took a break because I may get bored if I play 2 P&C games in a row.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Right, that hit me afterwards.
You could let the modbot do a post in the thread, instead of the person that gifted the stuff.
It could edit its own posts, right?

In development there's a flag you can send to ModBot to do an Anonymous giveaway, and that'll make ModBot post in the thread.

But in general I want someone to be able to post their own stuff so that the bot is just facilitating and not doing it for them. It just means for auto-crossing off, ModBot will have to reauthenticate as me or something.

FloatOn

I think I'll just play street fighter until mortal kombat drops in price or get patched.

I can't get down with bad netcode after experiencing the majesty of ggpo.

Dinosur

Sent an invite. Also, what's so good about Edna and Harvey?

Point and click but it's a crazy combination of naive cartoons plus unrelenting murder. It definitely gets a bit narrator heavy at times, but every interaction/puzzle makes complete sense. Solid eight hour game.

edit: I'd say that and Book of Unwritten Tales are the only adventure games I've liked recently (coming from a Sierra kid).

gTokgWA.jpg

Turfster

In development there's a flag you can send to ModBot to do an Anonymous giveaway, and that'll make ModBot post in the thread.

But in general I want someone to be able to post their own stuff so that the bot is just facilitating and not doing it for them. It just means for auto-crossing off, ModBot will have to reauthenticate as me or something.

Letting the bot do the posts itself seems the safest to me, but to each his own. ;)
You could allow the person giving stuff away to add a message, and have it add a "<Nick> is giving away:" thingy.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think I'll just play street fighter until mortal kombat drops in price or get patched.

I can't get down with bad netcode after experiencing the majesty of ggpo.
You might want to check out Skullgirls. I think the overwhelming majority of PC MK players aren't going online anyway.

RetroMG

Anyone have any good recommendations for local multiplayer on Steam? My wife and I had a blast last night playing Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.

RetroMG

All good suggestions, thanks. I hadn't even thought about Rayman, and my wife has actually expressed a lot of interest in Trine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom