• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
This is actually the #1 piece of feedback I get from users. Unfortunately, when discussing this with Valve, I get a resounding "No" so I doubt it will happen.

Perhaps some day they'll see fit to hire me, in which case I can bring some of the useful ES features straight into the web store.

Hi mate

Call me daft but I am a IE10 user, any chance you will adding it to IE

Thieve

Neo Member
This is actually the #1 piece of feedback I get from users. Unfortunately, when discussing this with Valve, I get a resounding "No" so I doubt it will happen.

Perhaps some day they'll see fit to hire me, in which case I can bring some of the useful ES features straight into the web store.

Any chance you could have it save where you previously were on a list? For instance, you hit coming soon, you goto the second page and click back, you go back and it remembers you were in coming soon and that you were on page two?

AHA-Lambda

Is it best to get Sonic Racing Transformed now or wait for the summer sale and see if the Sonic Hits bundle drops in price?

Also are the first game and the Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC worth getting?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i has a question...

I am using the fine Steam Tool Library Manager to move some games to another hard drive.

I note that it lists demos that I have since deleted.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't delete those items from the steamapps folder on my pc?

Unless you plan on replaying them some day, there's no reason to keep them around.

Perhaps more than anything, for obvious reasons, I would love to be able to filter out games I already own completely in a search. Similar to the highlighting that happens now, but so that those highlighted games don't show up and I can only be viewing games I don't own. I don't suppose that's possible, though.

Edit: I'd gladly donate a decent amount for this feature though if it was.

This is something I've long wished Valve would implement at its end.

Best feature is definitely add to cart on Wishlist
---

Not sure it's already available and I'm just missing it. You know when you click on a feature like Singleplayer and it brings you to an advanced search screen where you filter by publisher, prices, etc,? Is there a way to get to that advanced search straight from the Steam Store home page?

If not, that would be a great feature

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Perhaps more than anything, for obvious reasons, I would love to be able to filter out games I already own completely in a search. Similar to the highlighting that happens now, but so that those highlighted games don't show up and I can only be viewing games I don't own. I don't suppose that's possible, though.

Edit: I'd gladly donate a decent amount for this feature though if it was.

I've experimented with doing this, but hiding them completely doesn't re-collapse the CSS that's already in place: meaning there are holes in the page where games would normally be.

Here is an example.

Actually looking more indepth at the code: this might be possible. I'll add it to the upcoming feature list.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might have actually been easier than I was thinking.

Here is what it would look like.

This is just the first page of specials, but it only shows the games I don't already own.

neoism

so guys what is with hl2 I click install and its been on this for an hour..

ioQfglHMwQEIZ.png

now I was pissed about the size increase its totally unnecessary... I liked that it was under 2gb :( but it took soooooooooo long to update that I just uninstalled but I think I want to try and get the Freeman foil :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Might have actually been easier than I was thinking.

Here is what it would look like.

This is just the first page of specials, but it only shows the games I don't already own.

That's much better, though preferably the page would be filled with games you don't own. Still, even as it is there would be really helpful so I don't have to wade through page after page waiting for all the green to populate.

Volcynika

http://i.minus.com/ioQfglHMwQEIZ.png[IMG]
now I was pissed about the size increase its totally unnecessary... I liked that it was under 2gb :( but it took soooooooooo long to update that I just uninstalled but I think I want to try and get the Freeman foil :P[/QUOTE]

I asked about that before, but no one replied. Just hit cancel and restart Steam, should be good to go until it happens again.

Freezard

now I was pissed about the size increase its totally unnecessary... I liked that it was under 2gb :( but it took soooooooooo long to update that I just uninstalled but I think I want to try and get the Freeman foil :p

Pretty sexy skin, what's it called?

Is it best to get Sonic Racing Transformed now or wait for the summer sale and see if the Sonic Hits bundle drops in price?

Also are the first game and the Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC worth getting?

99% certain it won't be cheaper during the steam sale, so no harm in buying now. The DLC, which is an extra character and track is definately worth it, seeing how it only costs a few cents right now. And I would avoid the first game, transformed shits all over it in every aspect.

derExperte

I just found out there's Enhanced Steam for Opera, never bothered looking before. Yay.

Almost makes up for those fools dissing Payday a few pages ago. Boo.

I just completed my own little ModBot test. What a neat system! Quick and easy.

I bought the Two Tribes Humble Bundle, the keys from which I'll give away here via ModBot once Stump gives the green light for public testing.

The "steam automatic organiser in regifting sales events"

Hey everyone! I'm new here but wanted to introduce myself. I'm the original developer of Enhanced Steam, which I believe has been discussed here a few times. :)

Welcome to NeoGAF

smr00

Banned
Velvet Assassin any good? GMG has it for $1.99 before the GMG20-XLQ7U-EMMBV code which gives an additional 25% off.

I picked up R.A.W (Realms of Ancient War) for $3 with the code. Looks fun enough.

@jshackle

Could these be implemented into ES:
- Custom price range and Metascore range while searching
- Multiple category filters while searching (so games with single player and multiplayer or full controller support and co-op and achievements)

ioQfglHMwQEIZ.png

What skin is that?

derExperte

Velvet Assassin any good?

No, you need an extremely high tolerance for jank and bad gameplay. Which I sometimes have so I didn't regret the 1.24€ I payed on Steam, the interesting setting sometimes makes you forget how terrible it plays but no, not good at all.

Megasoum

Banned
Hanna is a great movie.

Yeah I remember hearing great things about it back in 2011 when it came out but I just realized this week that it was with JaseC. And it's on netflix now so why not!

It's also the first movie I see with Saoirse Ronan...

I just wish I hadn't watched the trailer earlier, looks like it spoiled like 90% of the movie. I hate when they do that.

jshackles

@jshackle

Could these be implemented into ES:
- Custom price range and Metascore range while searching
- Multiple category filters while searching (so games with single player and multiplayer or full controller support and co-op and achievements)

With Valve's current implementation of search it would be... difficult. Not impossible, but would require an extensive amount of post-processing time once the page loaded.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
These keys were VERY generously donated by spindoctor for testing -- found a few bugs as well (before now ModBot wouldn't process two of the same game in one message!)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply.:

Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection -- FC808B34D4CD6FB0 - Taken by Freezard
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-A576C035EEF8D100
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection #2 -- MB-FB19744296D9CD2F
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition #2 -- MB-4D8E669110B8BFFC

All taken, thanks

Edit: Ah, I see the bug for the auto-editor. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that no problem.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but it's a Steam game so I guess I'll try here.

I've been having some framerate issues with Bit.Trip Runner 2 where it will lag out sometimes. This can be really frustrating as there's no way to determine when it's going to happen. Restarting the game seems to solve the issue for a while but then it comes back.

Anyone got any idea what's going on? I've tried googling but the issue doesn't seem to be widespread.

Razorskin

----- ------
These keys were VERY generously donated by spindoctor for testing -- found a few bugs as well (before now ModBot wouldn't process two of the same game in one message!)

Edit: Ah, I see the bug for the auto-editor. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that no problem.

Got the first key, thanks spindoctor and Stump.

Can't you put the username of who got it after the the crossed-out line?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Trying once more. Again all keys in this post from spindoctor

I am giving away 4 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vessel -- A106F98EECA1A6CD - Taken by delirium
Painkiller Overdose #2 -- 0A111A3203AC968A - Taken by WeaselJCD
Vessel #2 -- 60F2733166442900 - Taken by masterkajo
Painkiller Overdose -- 626164062662FCEF - Taken by Vecks

Sorry for how spammy this is getting--a day or two of testing will make it ready for primetime and ultimately I think it'll be much less spammy in the long run. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom