• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Trying once more. Again all keys in this post from spindoctor

Sorry for how spammy this is getting--a day or two of testing will make it ready for primetime and ultimately I think it'll be much less spammy in the long run. Sorry again.

Gave it a try with the Vessel #2... and it worked. It is like so cool to get a bot that congratulates you on your win. That system is dope! Thanks guys!!

EDIT: I can't wait to get instructions to use the ModBot myself. Really curious on how it is done.

Guys and girls, get Vessel and play it, so awesome.

Yeah Vessel is incredible. The puzzles are so so good

And kudos to spindoctor for your awesome generosity today

Edit: I haven't tried it yet. So I all do is copy one of the game + key in the post and PM ModBot with the the copied info? Will this implemented on other threads like Steam Trading and Give One, Take One?

MikeDown

Banned
Anyone have any good recommendations for local multiplayer on Steam? My wife and I had a blast last night playing Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.

Like splitscreen or lan? For splitscreen co-op/multiplayer I highly recommend Flotilla or Atom Zombie Smasher. For lan I would recomend Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, but that really depends on what your into.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Edit: I haven't tried it yet. So I all do is copy one of the game + key in the post and PM ModBot with the the copied info? Will this implemented on other threads like Steam Trading and Give One, Take One?

If you are redeeming a key, that's what you do (but it seems like all of the keys posted thusfar are now taken). In terms of supporting other threads, technically the ModBot codes will work anywhere but the auto-edit will only work for this thread. I am not sure how I'm going to flesh it out in the future.

If you are redeeming a key, that's what you do (but it seems like all of the keys posted thusfar are now taken). In terms of supporting other threads, technically the ModBot codes will work anywhere but the auto-edit will only work for this thread. I am not sure how I'm going to flesh it out in the future.

How about feedback to doesn't win?
When can we use it?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Here goes:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection -- 1FDD7CF8AAD0FB90 - Taken by Deadbeat
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- 2615387E825F116C - Taken by Dawg
Star Ruler -- A4C0715E8C593B50 - Taken by WeaselJCD
A New Beginning: Final Cut -- A8F9D5E259464C34 - Taken by Turfster
Crusader Kings Complete -- 4F407E7C145CAD5A - Taken by 73V3N
Aquanox 2: Revelation -- D4E7992704C6AC37 - Taken by Freezard
Painkiller Overdose -- 7D1214397888731B - Taken by Deadbeat
Vessel -- 7B9F1E83FFF37B2B - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Aquanox -- F83EDE41B7C387A4 - Taken by Kifimbo
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- EE7D0E4121C519CF - Taken by MikeDown
Pirates of the Black Cove -- 3E689483B16F0F31 - Taken by scorpscarx

xelios

I sent two tries for two different games just incase I didnt get one. Lets see what happens.

It's showing both as taken by you. Did you receive both? This is probably something Stump will have to adjust.

Deadbeat

Banned
Bot is broken I got keys for two different games.

I did NOT claim the Sword Complete Collection one. So recycle it.

btw thanks for the game dude.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If you won a game from ModBot recently, you are not eligible for this giveaway. If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-928E679EE2697D29
A New Beginning -- D997323343E3663E - Taken by 3chopl0x

73V3N

Banned
I took Crusader Kings Complete.

Now, I know you did this so this thread wouldn't be spammed with "I'm taking this" and "Thanks"", so how am I supposed to say thanks? through PM? (then I will feel I'm spamming his inbox lol)

(Thanks xelios)

Now, I know you did this so this thread wouldn't be spammed with "I'm taking this" and "Thanks"", so how am I supposed to say thanks? through PM? (then I will feel I'm spamming his inbox lol)

If it fixes "I just PM'd you to see if I could get Bad Rats 3" that is more than enough.

xelios

This Modbot stuff is pretty impressive!

Very impressive, and quick work to boot. Amazing job on this Stump. Only problem right now seems to be someone is able to claim more than one key at a time, but I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

Edit: When fixed I'll give another group of keys away to test, just let me know.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Very impressive, and quick work to boot. Amazing job on this Stump. Only problem right now seems to be someone is able to claim more than one key at a time.

Yeah I'm looking into it. There is code to prevent it but obviously it's possible to sneak through; I think it might be an ambiguity in the timing window.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). If you won a game from ModBot recently, you are not eligible for this giveaway. If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Holy shit...it's sentient! It's posting on its own accord. The machine wars have begun!

derExperte

Oh no, why did I take Sword of the Stars when I now could have gotten A New Beginning? What does 'recently' mean?

Also do I have to send the bot the name of the game too or is the code enough?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh no, why did I take Sword of the Stars when I now could have gotten A New Beginning?

Also do I have to send the bot the name of the game too or is the code enough?

The code is enough, but just for ease of instruction sake it's flexible enough that it doesn't get confused with other stuff.

Sweet it works, thank you Modbot! I mean Xelios :p. How do you use it to give keys away though, just quote/ copy/ fill in the blanks?

I'm sure you posted that somewhere, I'll find it, thanks again.

I haven't claimed my key either, let me know if you want to use it again. claimed

masterkajo

Just out of curiousity, how will this be handled? Is there a list of people that won which gets emptied every day, week, month or is there a predetermined number of slots on the list and once enough new people enter the list you get kicked out back again?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ModBot should find a way to publicly shame any who dare to not give thanks after multiple repeat offenses.

The avatar should really be enough to frighten anyone who dares try.

cicero

Hey everyone! I'm new here but wanted to introduce myself. I'm the original developer of Enhanced Steam, which I believe has been discussed here a few times. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of my fans here for your support and to let you all know that I'm running a "Summer Sale Video Contest", which you can read about here.

If anyone has any questions or feature suggestions about Enhanced Steam feel free to drop me a line!
Enhanced Steam has made my Steaming so much easier, thank you!

feel

Modbot is badass. Is there a post explaining how to use it and how it works (does it give the key to the first pm or it picks a random person after some time, does it prevent people from claiming too many keys, etc).

edit-
Ah nevermind, I see it's still only just being tested by Stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom