• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So thanks to xelios for the idea - the next version of Enhanced Steam will have an option you can select that will let you hide games on Steam you already own. They will still show up on the homepage carousel, but will be hidden most other places. This will also hide DLC you own on that game's app page and hide games/DLC you own from bundle pages.

You can read about it here.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So thanks to xelios for the idea - the next version of Enhanced Steam will have an option you can select that will let you hide games on Steam you already own. They will still show up on the homepage carousel, but will be hidden most other places. This will also hide DLC you own on that game's app page and hide games/DLC you own from bundle pages.

Thanks a lot this is going to be very useful. I think you do a really good job with this plugin. Honestly, I'm the kind of guy that I normally write my own userscripts/plugins to do stuff because I'm pretty neurotic about stuff but yours worked so well I didn't feel like I needed to.

MikeDown

Banned
Ok, so I (and please, dont laugh! :/ ) have a gift copy of Half Life 2 from the 2011 Winter Sale that Ive never redeemed.... seeing as I ( I said dont laugh! :( ) never played it before, shall I redeem it and play through it or just give it away?

Enlighten me, Steam-gaf.

For the love of God, man!!!!! How? Why? Just play it, you'll see what you've been missing out on.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Awesome, thank you. Donated as promised.

What happens if you own every game that would be on a page? Blank?

Dawg

YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE NEW ITEM IN YOUR INVENTORY

FTL: Faster Than Light Booster Pack

frnxxymwusbe.gif

Tecl0n

Got my first booster, cs:go, my god it's cheap. If i get lucky i can get the same value of the booster out of the common cards...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks a lot this is going to be very useful. I think you do a really good job with this plugin. Honestly, I'm the kind of guy that I normally write my own userscripts/plugins to do stuff because I'm pretty neurotic about stuff but yours worked so well I didn't feel like I needed to.

If you're handy with Javascript and feel like trying to help tackle the Mountain of Feature Reqeusts/Issues Enhanced Steam has, I would be happy for the help.

Feel free to fork the :dev branch on GitHub, make applicable changes, and send in a pull request back to the :dev branch for feedback.

jshackles

Also why can''t I add the Orange Box to my wishlist? Should I be able too?

Steam won't let you add "bundles" to your wishlist. This is something I've been looking into change with Enhanced Steam though: stay tuned!

BorntoPlay

if you dont wanted i do..XD

Ok, so I (and please, dont laugh! :/ ) have a gift copy of Half Life 2 from the 2011 Winter Sale that Ive never redeemed.... seeing as I ( I said dont laugh! :( ) never played it before, shall I redeem it and play through it or just give it away?

Enlighten me, Steam-gaf.

jshackles

Awesome, thank you. Donated as promised.

What happens if you own every game that would be on a page? Blank?

Dude you rock! Thanks so much!!!!

And yes, if you happen to own everything on a particular page, it will be blank. Here are some examples - it doesn't look as weird as you'd think.

http://imgur.com/a/JEypw

Cth

Accepting any suggestions for ModBot?

If so:

- Ability to set a timeout for keys that go unclaimed due to lack of interest/people
(http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68586686&postcount=11570 shows CKC as still being available but can be buried in subsequent pages.)

(I guess what I'm wondering is what happens if it goes unclaimed and someone tries to resubmit the key the following day? Will the previous key be invalidated or are keys "encrypted" with a single code?)

- Change text for "Taken by" to bold red. Potentially makes for a fun flood of red alerting people to key giveaways

- Way down the road suggestion -- play games for codes. (IE: Paper Rock Scissors, Pick a Number between 1 and 10 (limit being the number of participants), etc)

Sorry for how spammy this is getting--a day or two of testing will make it ready for primetime and ultimately I think it'll be much less spammy in the long run. Sorry again.

Yes but this is tasty spam! :)

I love you coding whizzes! You make me want to learn how to code. So excited to see this when it's out of beta :).

You GAFers who are donating games for the Beta are awesome too.

I had always thought that pc gamers might be a bit elitist and snooty but that's not been my experience at all. Pc gaming GAF has been nothing but helpful, friendly and generous to this noob :D.

So I'd take it that the Amnesia demo is a good indication of the full game? I was barely 5 minutes in, no creatures had even appeared yet, and I was so fucking tense. It's the damn sound effects and the warping effects and something about being able to peek around corners by leaning.

About how long is Amnesia?

It's pretty damn awesome isn't it? I tried the demo until I got a bit too freaked out. When I feel brave enough I'll try the full game *wibble*.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
- Ability to set a timeout for keys that go unclaimed due to lack of interest/people
(http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68586686&postcount=11570 shows CKC as still being available but can be buried in subsequent pages.)

Yes, being worked on.

(I guess what I'm wondering is what happens if it goes unclaimed and someone tries to resubmit the key the following day? Will the previous key be invalidated or are keys "encrypted" with a single code?)

The encrypted version will be the same but internally it'll be flagged twice with different giveaway IDs. Actually I was thinking of having ModBot post a weekly digest of unclaimed keys from across giveaways. Not sure just yet.

- Change text for "Taken by" to bold red. Potentially makes for a fun flood of red alerting people to key giveaways

That's a maybe, I'm still looking at formatting options for the rules and for the key removals.

- Way down the road suggestion -- play games for codes. (IE: Paper Rock Scissors, Pick a Number between 1 and 10 (limit being the number of participants), etc)

That one is a no for sure hahaha, or if I ever do do that then it'll be hosted outside this thread just to avoid derailing the thread with too much tomfoolery! ;)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im so lost.

There is a giveaway bot? How does all works etc. I need short post to get it my mind its full of fuck.
KuGsj.gif

If anyone ever wants to see if their computer can run a game, Game Debate blows systemrequirementslab out of the water

One, it's up to date on new games.
Two, you can fine tune a search to your exact specs, laptop or desktop, multi-GPU, etc. And it rates each component and reviews your chosen system on how well it will run the game.

Yes but this is tasty spam! :)

I love you coding whizzes! You make me want to learn how to code. So excited to see this when it's out of beta :).

You GAFers who are donating games for the Beta are awesome too.

I had always thought that pc gamers might be a bit elitist and snooty but that's not been my experience at all. Pc gaming GAF has been nothing but helpful, friendly and generous to this noob :D.

It's pretty damn awesome isn't it? I tried the demo until I got a bit too freaked out. When I feel brave enough I'll try the full game *wibble*.
Yeah I admit, I didn't finish the demo either. Got like 10 minutes in, there were some fucked up sounds coming from somewhere, the screen was moving, and I was freaking terrified. And I hadn't even encountered a creature yet.

I wish Lord Gabe would be congenial enough to provide with me the harrowed forbearance of a booster pack v_v

Edit: Oh wow. toddhunter gave me a booster pack. Thank you.

wDexoOa.png

Turfster

Wonder what the current timeout is. Seems to be over an hour?
(I used the unclaimed CKC key that was just quoted as an example for testing)

Cth

I wish Lord Gabe would be congenial enough to provide with me the harrowed forbearance of twenty bucks v_v

EDIT: Crap, was hoping that'd work :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wonder what the current timeout is. Seems to be over an hour?
(I used the unclaimed CKC key that was just quoted as an example for testing)

The lack of response is by design, that key is actually claimed--the error is that the auto-edit didn't flag it at the time. I think that glitch is fixed but I will work on beefing up the auto-edit code just the same.

Turfster

The lack of response is by design, that key is actually claimed--the error is that the auto-edit didn't flag it at the time. I think that glitch is fixed but I will work on beefing up the auto-edit code just the same.

Ah, that explains the lack indeed.
Like I said, it was a test, so I guess I tested <I>something</i>, even if it wasn't what I set out to test ;)

More from S.A.O.I.R.S.E.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock The toasted sandwich of time -- MB-E1C1FC3D5B585501 - Taken by The Illiterati
Droplitz -- MB-C5669E83AA814C22 - Taken by Cth
Oil Rush -- MB-D23355C120737303 - Taken by Deadbeat

Ezra2680

Would it be possible for you to post the source code for your bot after you're down working on it? I've never written a bot and would be interested in seeing how you set it up. Or would this compromise its integrity?

Pingween

Wow that Modbot is pretty amazing, maybe when it's done, the procedure to give aways keys through it could be added to the faq in the first page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom