• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-9445B9BBBD79F3BE - Taken by Servizio

I would have posted to say thank you sooner, but I couldn't find the reaction gif I wanted.

It was the one of Bart Simpson rubbing his face in ecstasy and then kissing his dog.

reddmyst

That ModBot is pretty cool :)

Maybe this time I'll have a better chance.

Edit:
Took TitanQuest: Thank you for whoever donated it to the ModBot :)

Facism

I'd recommend Intrusion 2 to anyone interested in it. Quality bit of sidescrolling platformer/shooter and some decent enemies.

Just a thought but that basically eliminates the need for quoting and thanking the person publicly since it shows your name next to what you took, pm the guy to thank or at least don't quote large giveaways, even if it is from stumps genius bot, thanks for creating it :).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Took English Country Tune. Let's see how this works. Also thanks and kudos to whoever's giving these away
Edit: Damn, that was fast. Did the post update yet? And love the "You won X"! PM. Awesome system

Awesome, modbot is editing your post too. Was gonna say don't quote all that because it won't keep up with which keys are taken but it is!

I'd recommend Intrusion 2 to anyone interested in it. Quality bit of sidescrolling platformer/shooter and some decent enemies.
Hell yeah...Intrusion 2 is amazing. Boss fights are incredible. Also railgun while riding a wolf = win

Weird, the ModBot hasn't updated that English Country Tune was taken

Facism

Awesome, modbot is editing your post too. Was gonna say there's no need to quote all that because it won't keep up with which keys are taken but it is!

it's pretty crazy how it works. Man must be a genius.

[edit] @badass. Giant wolf is brilliant. The grapplemech too. Lots of fun with that mount :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome, modbot is editing your post too. Was gonna say don't quote all that because it won't keep up with which keys are taken but it is!
Still, don't quote all that.

ECT hasn't been crossed out, though, which is the game he claimed. Might be a bug?

tylerf

For some reason I had the urge to open an FTL booster to try and get a foil, even though foils barely sell for more than the booster pack.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ahhh shazbot.

I'll have to fix that tomorrow morning. The Mystery Giver Awayer should still be getting receipts but they're only being struck out on the quote on this page not the original. Whoops.

Danj

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Wait, lurker is defined as posts in the thread? I thought lurkers were just people who registered accounts but didn't post, so they could harvest email addresses or whatnot.

Loving ModBot, but I have a question: is 5 posts a good threshold to define if a user is a lurker or not?
I think it depends on the quality of the post.

Like I've popped into various threads for movies and games, but I'm either asking for help or discussing.

So if those 5 posts are actual responses or genuine questions, I wouldn't call the person a lurker.

But if those 5 posts are always during giveaways, trying to claim a game, yeah that's a lurker

Cth

I think he mentioned earlier that it may take a while to reply.

Not sure if the bot is under the same "PM spam" restrictions or not (I think admins/mods may have that restriction lifted?)

Basically, if it's limited to 2 PMs every 30 seconds, then it'll send them in order as I understand it.

With larger giveaways, it'll take time to process the list as a result.

Dinosur

For some reason I had the urge to open an FTL booster to try and get a foil, even though foils barely sell for more than the booster pack.

Yeah, I spent all afternoon buying booster packs from people putting them up for too cheap and still have never got a foil. Was breaking completely even but ended up losing about $5 because I wanted to finish the stupid Go Home Dinosaurs badge and those excess cards stopped selling.

Reposting this idea I had some pages before. Maybe it's a possible solution for bot-lurkers.

I guess a solution would be to have periodical fictitious giveaways with nonexistent games (I don't know, something like Pictionary 2 - Game of the Year Edition). If someone send a PM to ModBot for those games, probably it's a lurker.

It should be like 10 posts, muhahaha.

On a funny note, I only have 3 posts in here, sad times.
Is there a way to see how many posts you've done in every thread you've posted in?

I did my 300 to get from Junior Member to Member in The Last of Us Review Thread and The Last of Us OT.

Now I'm at 1,265 posts. I'm curious if we can see the breakdown

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think he mentioned earlier that it may take a while to reply.

Not sure if the bot is under the same "PM spam" restrictions or not (I think admins/mods may have that restriction lifted?)

Admins and mods don't have a PM volume restriction, but ModBot is not a mod, he's just a bot.

Neki

Is there a way to see how many posts you've done in every thread you've posted in?

I did my 300 to get from Junior Member to Member in The Last of Us Review Thread and The Last of Us OT.

Now I'm at 1,265 posts. I'm curious if we can see the breakdown

Click on the post number to the right of the thread title in the forum view. It'll categorize by most posted in the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=595106

Cth

Admins and mods don't have a PM volume restriction, but ModBot is not a mod, he's just a bot.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't since thread edits are done under your username.

Not quite sure how things work on this board -- didn't know if that could be manually set/bypassed or not.

Probably a good idea to keep the bot on training wheels until it's fully tested :D

Firehead

So, what the hell's been going on in this thread? Something about bots or something? You guys are confusing. I'm going back to attempting to catch up to Xelios and his game count. I'll get there some day.

Xelios, you owe me for this torment. A hug, at least. :(

So, what the hell's been going on in this thread? Something about bots or something? You guys are confusing. I'm going back to attempting to catch up to Xelios and his game count. I'll get there some day.

Xelios, you owe me for this torment. A hug, at least. :(
Key giveaways system was implemented to prevent lurkers from stealing keys and make it easier for us to claim keys. Run by a bot, Mod bot

Ezra2680

Do you think The Walking Dead games might go on sale as a bundle during the sale? Still haven't played them, but they seem pretty good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you think The Walking Dead games might go on sale as a bundle during the sale? Still haven't played them, but they seem pretty good.

Perhaps not as a bundle, but it's rare for DLC not to be discounted when the game itself is (if a piece of DLC was released very recently it tends to be excluded, otherwise it's down to just publisher oversight or stinginess).

We should let ModBot learn some language with a markov chain algorithm and see how long it takes until he starts asking for the summer sale or who the girl in JaseCs avatar is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom