• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EDGE -- MB-C6A9AE11CEF85FFB
Intrusion 2 -- MB-56F15D4C9D3D0BD9

I took intrusion 2 from an earlier post, didn't know I already own it. Sorry xD. So passing it forward.

Anyway, here's a couple of keys. Testing this thing.

Tak3n

Banned
It just goes to show how much greed (if that is the right word) was going on, that we have the first use of the bot with free games and some games are still left untaken.

The seedy side of the human psyche, the side that despite centuries of seeing what greed does, we still can not irradicate it.

on a more grander scale, just to show you how bad it is, if the worlds top 10 richest people gave up their salaries for just 1 year, world hunger would cease, according to Oxfam

Digoman

From Stump

Sorry for "butting in", but I don't know if Stump wants the instructions "public" yet.

The bot is fully operational right now, but I've only given a select few accounts (JaseC, Salsa, xelios, Wok, a few others) the instructions for generating new giveaways. It's just so I can monitor it during the beta testing period. And everything is fully automatic, including the post edits (even though they say it's "my account" doing the edits)

Maybe I'm wrong (after all I haven't read his PM). If so, apologies.

PriitV

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-148033A910CBF75D - Taken by Whooter
Edge -- MB-E6408B643F9E711F - Taken by BorntoPlay
Spamming

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I was feeling bad about all those awesome game I've received through this thread without really contributing to the community, so I decided to post more.
But now, thanks to modbot, I don't have to worry about RSI anymore.

Thanks modbot!

Phinor

Damn mystery cards. I was smoothly resisting any urge to craft badges or spend any money on silly virtual cards but ever since the introduction of mystery cards, I've been buying few cards here and there to craft badges. We don't even know what the cards are for, could be absolutely worthless. I feel so weak.

PriitV

Damn mystery cards. I was smoothly resisting any urge to craft badges or spend any money on silly virtual cards but ever since the introduction of mystery cards, I've been buying few cards here and there to craft badges. We don't even know what the cards are for, could be absolutely worthless. I feel so weak.

Collect all the unique mystery cards and recieve a valve complete pack with HL3!

metalshade

They are available on Steam

I almost clicked add to cart, till I looked a bit closer and realised it wasn't the full trilogy.
I know it would almost be better to pretend the 3rd one doesn't exist, but its a story driven trilogy, and I want it all in the same place, so it seems like origin is my only option, which makes me feel bad for saying it in the steam thread.

Also, the thread title seems to finally have sunk in, I haven't seen a "when is sale?" for several pages, and the gifting spam is being dealt with, and lurkers are being outed. It is like a whole new GAF, and I like it!

Waking up and see a bunch of giveaways with ModBot. That thing is genious.

Now that I know about risk boost I'm enjoying the air parts in sonic racing transformed a lot more.

How do you do that? I've done it before but didn't know how. I think I air dodged a drone but not sure.

oipic

It just goes to show how much greed (if that is the right word) was going on, that we have the first use of the bot with free games and some games are still left untaken.

It may be that the thread is moving so fast that they've been missed, and that many of the ModBot-related posts have looked to have been 'tests' to some degree, too, perhaps - and, y'know, it's new, so folks may not have worked it out just yet. Quote-for-keys posts may have been missed in the past, too... maybe.

Or yes, the lack of anonymity is scaring folks away. :)

Not sure why 'thanks' is (or was) so difficult to say, though... even as a shy person.

kami_sama

You can just buy them from the market. Easier and cheaper.
I hope they are used for something, I have every card :lol

GMG have put their deals back on:

GMG 666 Deals

Day 1
gmg2pswk.png
Killing Floor $4.99
gmg2pswk.png
RE6 $19.99
gmg2pswk.png
BL2 + season pass $15 (cards)
gmg2pswk.png
Alan Wake $5.99 (cards)
gmg2pswk.png
Guns of Icarus $3.99 (cards)
gmg2pswk.png
Omerta $9.99

Day 2
gmg2pswk.png
Red Orchestra $4.99
gmg2pswk.png
Chivalry $8.49
gmg2pswk.png
Krater $3.74
gmg2pswk.png
Total War Grandmaster collection $41.24
gmg2pswk.png
RE Revelations $34.49
gmg2pswk.png
Sword of the stars: The Pit $3.39

Day 3
gmg2pswk.png
DMC $24.99
gmg2pswk.png
Walking Dead $8.49
gmg2pswk.png
XCOM Pack $12.99
gmg2pswk.png
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition $4.99
gmg2pswk.png
Dollar Dash $2.49
gmg2pswk.png
Euro Truck Sim 2 $14.99

Or just http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/the-encore.html...so yeah... GMG10-VTTCS-VYH18 for 10%

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Star Trek is calling my name. Must resist.

You'd be better off watching a youtube playthrough. The game itself isn't great, bug ridden and a bit shitty but I actually quite enjoyed the story and banter between Kirk and Spot. I suppose it's at least on sale but there's much better games to spend your money on.

wizard

Banned
Does anyone know if you can skip The Walking Dead chapters? I played this on a console and would like to resume at 500 days but would prefer not to have to play through that roller coaster again.

Berto

I noticed that some profiles have several featured sections like achievements, pictures and so on, however seems like I can only chose one at a time. Is that connected to our level?

S.A.O.I.R.S.E presets the Salsa bundle.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Sword of the stars: The Pit -- MB-7A22ECF33FA3ED21 (Don't know who got it...might be borked so lay off for now)

Grief.exe

Does anyone know if you can skip The Walking Dead chapters? I played this on a console and would like to resume at 500 days but would prefer not to have to play through that roller coaster again.

500 days is a separate story so you should be able to just play that one.

LOL...Stump you need to rename the bot.

Yes, it's a bit obvious. I think S.O.A.R.A.R.S.E. would be a bit more subtle.

I just watched 4 people fail the lurker requirement but try to claim the key ;) and separately one person get there just seconds too late

lol coding for great justice!

I have never played it, but just looking at steam store page you can see why is has the mythical status. Of course, if you need more convincing (or like to suffer), you can watch TotalBiscuit's look at it here.

About the 5 posts thing for the giveaways... I'm a lurker (waste waaay to much to type each message in English) and I think the limit is fair. Yes it's arbitrary and doesn't evaluate the quality of the posts, but any other solution would be a lot of manual work, which defeat's the purpose of the bot.

Really? Well then you are doing a fine job as I would never have guessed that you were not a native English speaker. Many native English speakers would do well to emulate you.

Better to remain silent and be thought a lurker than post five times for a chance at a Steam key and remove all doubt.

Well played :).

Great username and cute avatar btw.

if you can get past the total mess up of the game at Launch, if GMG come back with Aliens Marines + Season pass again, if you have not played it I can recommend it...

They have done a lot of patches to make it look good and the Xenomorphs are now really aggressive...

I appreciate the console versions are probably still naff, but I for one would like to see a proper site give it another review..

The problem is it is so toxic now

Many thanks for the input. I was moist for the game [especially the Wii U version :/] and despite its reputation was looking to pick it up at a really low price to scratch my itch. Now I'll probably not wait until it drops so low in price because you've said that so thanks :).

I was gonna ask a mod to change my Neogaf name. I don't know why I don't show up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

The seedy side of the human psyche, the side that despite centuries of seeing what greed does, we still can not irradicate it.

on a more grander scale, just to show you how bad it is, if the worlds top 10 richest people gave up their salaries for just 1 year, world hunger would cease, according to Oxfam

How ironic given that the amount of Oxfam's revenue that goes to fund that organisation and the amount of their revenue that goes to the needy is pretty congruent to those they are criticising. In other words, if 95% of the wealth is owned by 5% of the population [for example] 95% of Oxfam's revenue goes on running Oxfam and only 5% goes to the needy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom