• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
excellent, get Aliens if you have not played it

Why in the flying fuck would you do that to people ? It's one of the worst shooters released this gen. It's fucking woeful in every respect and this is with the new patches.

Tak3n

Banned
Why in the flying fuck would you do that to people ? It's one of the worst shooters released this gen. It's fucking woeful in every respect and this is with the new patches.

it is just my personal opinion, I did really enjoy it, of course it is not the best game made, but for a corridor shooter I have played a damn site worse....

my only complaint without giving away spoliers is the AI is still clunky, and the FMV sections still need reworking...

But then it might be that I am not a Alien Buff, I dont mind that it's story makes no sense (that seems to anger people the most)

for just over £10 including the season pass, I honestly do feel the value is there, but I also appreciate there will be 100 people who get offended as the mere premise of people buying it

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
We need some more Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games on PC

I'm down for that. Played Rune Factory: Frontier on Dolphin a long time ago and had a blast.

I'd kill for a Culdcept type game on PC as well.

Salsa

modbot got stuck but toddbot gave me a the pit key, so big thanks <3

I'm down for that. Played Rune Factory: Frontier on Dolphin a long time ago and had a blast.

xelios get a 3DS and add me as animal crossing BFF

It has been reprogrammed to take a lot of other data into account to determine your eligibility.
The number of posts in the Animal Crossing OT is setting off red flags.

I forgot to go to club lol to get my emote today

day is fucking ruined

Thieve

Neo Member
We need some more Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games on PC

I know this is off-topic, but where would be a good place to start with those games? I've never played any of them, but I heard about them all the time (well, never Rune Factory).

Grief.exe

I know this is off-topic, but where would be a good place to start with those games? I've never played any of them, but I heard about them all the time (well, never Rune Factory).

Rune Factory 3 (4 should is out this summer on 3DS)
Harvest Moon A New Beginning
Animal Crossing 3DS

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
it is just my personal opinion, I did really enjoy it, of course it is not the best game made, but for a corridor shooter I have played a damn site worse....

my only complaint without giving away spoliers is the AI is still clunky, and the FMV sections still need reworking...

But then it might be that I am not a Alien Buff, I dont mind that it's story makes no sense (that seems to anger people the most)

for just over £10 including the season pass, I honestly do feel the value is there, but I also appreciate there will be 100 people who get offended as the mere premise of people buying it

Sorry I realised I came across as a bit too surprised there and didn't mean to come across as attacking you. I wasn't offended at all, just surprised at someone recommending it :p

Honestly if you enjoyed it that's great, I'm certainly glad it wasn't wasted money for you. I quite like Defiance and I know you despise that so different strokes! :)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
There are predictions the AUD may be down to 0.84-0.86 by year end, so we'd best make the most of this sale, I guess... Rotten timing.

Don't worry, you can always exploit us UK people's, our currency is tanking worse than yours this year and our prices shouldn't go up to compensate, hopefully.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Ooooh WRC 3 for £4.99 (or £4.50 after 10% voucher) on GMG. I enjoyed the demo and it'll keep my rally craving satisfied for a bit. Thunder Wolves is a good price as well (£2.71)

Knurek

Well, there's always Dwarf Fortress. ;)

I'd kill for a Culdcept type game on PC as well.

Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers or Runespell: Overture might satisfy you. But yeah, proper Culdcept port (either one, though I'm more in favor of Yuzo Koshiro's score for Culdcept 1) would be nice.

AHA-Lambda

Apologies if someone has already said this or if I'm using faulty logic, but I wanted to buy Bleed this morning and noticed that it's 10% discount ends on the 23rd July.

Assuming this game doesn't get discounted any further as it's a new release and take that date as the end of the sale, can we determine the start date? The 11th as people suggested?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ooooh WRC 3 for £4.99 (or £4.50 after 10% voucher) on GMG. I enjoyed the demo and it'll keep my rally craving satisfied for a bit. Thunder Wolves is a good price as well (£2.71)

I still have a £2 credit from buying The Cave, this is tempting.

Do I pull the trigger? Tell me if you get it and what you think of the game if you do!

metalshade

Voted for it too. I love these types of games to death. Wish Cube World would get on greenlight, I'm addicted to it and want my steam time to go to that.

So much this!
I have only seen videos (cant get it because site is down.)
But that game looks so awesome I cant even begin to quantify it.
Please come to Steam cubeworld.

Grief.exe

Just a heads up, we recently had a dude whose only purpose on GAF was grabbing keys. Don't become that dude.

Just taking this a bit further, if you are going to take a key, make sure it is for a game you are actually going to play.

And not sometime down the line, eventually, or maybe I will get to it after the Christmas sale.

You should have a desire to play that game right now, or in the very near future.
Otherwise, you may be taking it from someone who actually does have that desire.

If you are just taking keys to pad your Library count, there are plenty of ways to do that without taking games from people who might want to play them.

Ok. Now I'm going to bed...seriously.

Danj

Apologies if someone has already said this or if I'm using faulty logic, but I wanted to buy Bleed this morning and noticed that it's 10% discount ends on the 23rd July.

Assuming this game doesn't get discounted any further as it's a new release and take that date as the end of the sale, can we determine the start date? The 11th as people suggested?

The sale is usually 2 weeks isn't it? Which would make the 24th/25th more likely as an end date I think. 11th seems a good bet for the start though.

The summer sale is usually 10 days. It's the winter sale that lasts 2 weeks.

EDIT: oh. So I guess it'll end on the 21st then?

tickling

Banned
2 questions.

BL2 on green man gaming should I wait till it goes on steam with Borderlands pack?

Whats better to do More Ram to bring it up to 8gb from 2gb or a better graphics card. I have Radeon 3000

derExperte

Thunder Wolves for 3,09€ on GMG. The reviews are surprisingly decent, the few impressions I found on GAF make it sound okay too and it probably won't be cheaper on Steam. Has anyone here anything good to say about it?

2 questions.

BL2 on green man gaming should I wait till it goes on steam with Borderlands pack?

Whats better to do More Ram to bring it up to 8gb from 2gb or a better graphics card. I have Radeon 3000

Both. 8gb of RAM is dirt cheap. The graphics card can cost you some

metalshade

2 questions.

Definitely change your graphics card man, it will make a bigger gaming difference than ram, but up your ram asap, that will be limiting you too.
Good place for pc advice is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246
They dont bite, its a great resource.

Grief.exe

2 questions.

I'm assuming you are on DDR2, which is quite possible considering the year the 3000 series of cards came out.

Here is your problem, in order to upgrade your RAM you will have to upgrade your mobo. If you upgrade your mobo, you will, most likely, have to upgrade your CPU as well.

You are basically looking at a full PC upgrade at this point.

You might be able to find a DDR3 mobo that supports your proc, but that could be tough to find. What model is your CPU?

If you have an E6000 series then those are still really solid CPUs. Could carry you through the next-gen if OC'd

grief go to bed

I'm out.

h78E928C7

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
every time I try to buy something from GMG, their website just crashes.. So horrible

It was really slow for me, eventually it crashed to an error page during the payment process, i had given up until i saw the e-mail confirmation pop up.

Keep trying!

Tak3n

Banned
every time I try to buy something from GMG, their website just crashes.. So horrible

Drives me nuts, especially once you get it to your cart, site goes down again, you come back and because you did not complete in 15 mins they delete it from your cart

NIGHT-

Drives me nuts, especially once you get it to your cart, site goes down again, you come back and because you did not complete in 15 mins they delete it from your cart

All I want to do is buy Lost Planet.. This happens every single time they have a sale...

Forkball

My card cash has reached $15.76. I could buy FFVII right now with just the profit I've made. I don't get the prices of these cards. Recently, I sold the 123 Kick It cards for 60-70 cents each. Is it because not a lot of people have that game? Then why would they want the cards? Can you still upgrade badges for games you do not own?

Also...

Grief.exe

Just checked im on DDR3 was looking an new computer early next year just looking at something to keep me going till then

Throw in some good DDR3 right now then.

That standard will stick around for a little while longer, and you will be able to reuse the same RAM in your new build.

What is your processor?

OK, now I'm out...serious this time guys

h78E928C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom