• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Alright Steam GAF, GMG thread moving slow as molasses so The Cave/Tales of Monkey Island. Yay/Nay?
I'd say yay. I'm not the biggest Tales fan, far from it, but it ain't bad. Some of the story stuff just felt wrong and kinda off, as a fan. Puzzles aren't extremely hard, most are fun. Some great humor in there. I remember Episode 2 being a bit of a drag, though.

And The Cave is a great platform puzzler with some really dark humor. Slowpaced, but I like that.

Salsa

lol at this entry on my wishlist

ihzzLiPaM0gDY.PNG

im guessing company of heroes 2 before the SEGA buyout

Hey Salsa,

Why is it that when I change the "l" and "h" in your username, I get SansaStark?

Coincidence? I think not.

I get this all time

smr00

Banned
Yes/No. Whats the price on The Cave? I would say, 50% off and you are good to go.
$3.74.

I'd say yay. I'm not the biggest Tales fan, far from it, but it ain't bad. Some of the story stuff just felt wrong and kinda off, as a fan. Puzzles aren't extremely hard, most are fun. Some great humor in there. I remember Episode 2 being a bit of a drag, though.

And The Cave is a great platform puzzler with some really dark humor. Slowpaced, but I like that.
I just ended up getting both since i haven't really spent that much money this month and amazon summer sale was a bust for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Duke Nukem manhattan project is borked. Doesn't register ingame time, only wehn staring at the launcher. :(

Is it possible to change the game's .exe name to that of the launcher so Steam just boots into the game rather than the launcher?

Mass Effect looks horrible without mods.

TexMod was actually failing for me after a bit, and I just couldn't continue my play through without the mods.

Redoing some textures in PS can make a game go from looking horrible to playable?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
EDIT: I'm a bit slow today. Have fun, smr00. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

And Tales a bit more, hah.

They Bleed Pixels is a game I love to hate. It has none of the flair or accessibility of Super Meat Boy, the combat system is horrible beyond measure, the graphics and music are terrible and the controls are slippery to the point of extreme frustration. Yet, it remains compulsive and masochistically enjoyable.

Is it possible to change the (Duke Nukem Manhattan Project's) .exe name to that of the launcher so Steam just boots into the game rather than the launcher?

Yyyyup. Just tried it. Rename "Prism3d.exe" to "DukeNukemManhattanLauncher".

Edit: Overlay works, and time played registers. Nice one!

derExperte

Post some impressions later. It looked alright, but I'm not sure.

Can you deal with someone constantly yelling seriously dumb shit like "Die in a fire, bitch" or "Konichiwa, bitches" into your ear? The gameplay is simple but fun so far and it looks acceptable but this dude just won't shut up, if he doesn't go away it will ruin the game single-handedly.

Snapped up XCOM. Missed it the first time. Wont play it for a while yet as I have just started The Witcher 2 but I can't pass up that price.

I want Resident Evil 6 but all the criticism it gets makes me hesitant to pay more then $10. As much as I love the Resident Evil series.

Also really want World Rally Championship 3. I enjoyed the demo a fair bit but that lack of steam is a killer for me :s

Delete the two screenshots, get the one more achievement, and then start over. Play through the game again up to that point, and once you get there, start over again. Keep doing this until you get to 77 hours, then don't touch the game again til July 7, 2017, on which day you will launch the game and immediately close it.

Then you will realize how much time you wasted by doing this.

Quake1028

So, what does everyone currently have installed? For me:

raK3prk.jpg

And of those, I am currently playing Diablo III, FM 2013 Demo, GRID, NBA 2K13, Sleeping Dogs and VT4.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I'm playing Sleeping Dogs and I hear a radio ad for Panau tourism and it's so awesome I have to post about it.

Out there, somewhere, a parallel Earth got Just Cause 3...

Too bad about the 6 achievements and 9 screenshots

That's what I was going to say fellow GAFfer. Now you have no excuse, you can continue playing!

Delete two screenshots and get one more achievement!

But then you lose the 7.7 hours...

Delete the two screenshots, get the one more achievement, and then start over. Play through the game again up to that point, and once you get there, start over again. Keep doing this until you get to 77 hours, then don't touch the game again til July 7, 2017, on which day you will launch the game and immediately close it.

Then you will realize how much time you wasted by doing this.

I knew I should've cropped that part out!!

Bumhead

Banned
They Bleed Pixels is a game I love to hate. It has none of the flair or accessibility of Super Meat Boy, the combat system is horrible beyond measure, the graphics and music are terrible and the controls are slippery to the point of extreme frustration. Yet, it remains compulsive and masochistically enjoyable.

Put an hour into this and I pretty much agree with everything you said. I do like the pixel visuals but other than that I agree word for word.

Especially the bit about being compulsive.

sprinkles

I could only beat They Bleed Pixels by pacing myself and only playing one level per day. Even then I nearly raged so many times but I was still compelled to try again and again. I loved the visuals and the combat though unliky others here so that helped to avoid despair in the later dreams.

Uiki

Is the 360 version any different from the free PC one?

It's a lot better.

New areas, new characters, multiplayer.

It's much more than a port of the original game, and has new graphics, music, zones, monsters, items, traps, and secrets. The controls are much smoother, too, and designed specifically for the gamepad.

I never finished it, I always die at the final boss >_<

Maxwood

So, what does everyone currently have installed? For me:

raK3prk.jpg

And of those, I am currently playing Diablo III, FM 2013 Demo, GRID, NBA 2K13, Sleeping Dogs and VT4.
Ahw man, Prince Of Persia. I can imagine that looking absolutely stunning on PC.
How's the port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom