• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

textless for life.

29D0lGa.jpg

Razorskin

----- ------
Bought Half Life 2 at launch, have a 9 years old Steam account, still never bought Episode 2, I should probably get that. I have every Half-Life game besides that, even Lost Coast for god's sake (not much of a game but still).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bought Half Life 2 at launch, have a 9 years old Steam account, still never bought Episode 2, I should probably get that. I have every Half-Life game besides that, even Lost Coast for god's sake (not much of a game but still).

That isn't something you should admit publicly.

Deadbeat

Banned
Well dont play it now until HL3 is announced (if ever). It would just make the wait worse.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Played Half Life 2 and both the episodes on 360, never played them on PC, or the original Half Life. Just bought a new laptop though so might go through them again for the nostalgia. Except I don't have Ep 2 on Steam. Maybe I'll pick it up in the sales.

I've recently-ish finished Dishonored and BioShock Infinite. I've kept them installed for DLC in the future.

Currently playing FTL, Max Payne 3 (very close to finishing), and Hotline Miami.

I have games started in Legend of Grimlock, Skyrim, STALKER, Spec Ops and The Witcher though I'm not actively playing them at the moment. My kids like to play Don't Starve and FTL and Morrowind is there for my wife (it's her favorite game).

After I finish Max Payne 3 I think I should move on to Spec Ops and The Witcher.

5XFgPfk.jpg

Well dont play it now until HL3 is announced (if ever). It would just make the wait worse.
Putting game quality aside, why is a game like Duke Nukem ridiculed and made fun throughout its insanely long development period but Half Life 3 isn't?

Granted I never played the Half Life games but after nothing but rumors and speculation for years, can hype and expectations could ever be meet?

KarmaCow

Putting game quality aside, why is a game like Duke Nukem ridiculed and made fun because an insane long development period but Half Life 3 isn't?
Granted I never played the Half Life games but after nothing but rumors and speculation for years, can hype and expectations could ever be meet?

Because Valve hasn't been solely working on HL3 for the past 6 years.

Putting game quality aside, why is a game like Duke Nukem ridiculed and made fun because an insane long development period but Half Life 3 isn't?

It isn't? Missed the "Valve can't count to 3 meme"?

Putting game quality aside, why is a game like Duke Nukem ridiculed and made fun throughout its insanely long development period but Half Life 3 isn't?

Because HL3 was never announced and DNF was

Razorskin

----- ------
The Summer Sale will deliver me Episode 2 so I can finally play it.

Um, people do ridicule for the development time.

And besides, what are they even working on now?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

Because they've never promised anything about HL3. George Broussard spent more than a decade talking about how awesome DNF would be, showing us what little snippets they actually had in a presentable state. DNF didn't live up to the explicit promise made by 3D Realms.

Hype and expectations for HL3 will be adjusted to reflect Valve's explicit promises once they announce it. I think to a certain extent the long silence will affect it. Even if the game gave everyone oral sex and heroin injections while curing world hunger, you'll still have people say "meh, didn't live up to the hype." But that's their own hype, not Valve.

Me, I just want another single player Valve game. Don't care about no hype.

ArjanN

You've got all the achievements? As in you've S ranked all the levels? If so then I've got mad respect for you right now, I can't even begin to wrap me head around the insane skills required to S rank those later levels. I barely got through in under a 100 deaths on most of them.

It gets easier once you understand the mechanics better, the first time though I died tons of times as well, but eventually you master the controls and know the level layouts.

dxhc99

What if Half-Life 3 Never gets announced?
What if It never gets made?
What if we have to live with the cliffhanger of Episode 2 forever?

That's what all these Steam Trading cards are isn't it. Just a smoke screen to take focus away from the fact that Half-Life 3 never has and never will exist, I'm on to you Gabe.

smr00

Banned
What if Half-Life 3 Never gets announced?
What if It never gets made?
What if we have to live with the cliffhanger of Episode 2 forever?

That's what all these Steam Trading cards are isn't it. Just a smoke screen to take focus away from the fact that Half-Life 3 never has and never will exist, I'm on to you Gabe.
What if the cards are funding Half-Life 3? Steams very own Kickstarter.

Knurek

Holy crap, are you people really okay with the large borders between images in the default grid view?

First thing I edited, personally couldn't stand all the wasted screen space.

Ws5HOQa.png

Holy crap, are you people really okay with the large borders between images in the default grid view?

First thing I edited, personally couldn't stand all the wasted screen space.

Yes, I'm okay with it. I don't really look at that screen too often. I use desktop icons for my installed games to launch them.

Kurdel

Banned
And besides, what are they even working on now?

A bunch of people are working on Dota 2, weird hardware ventures, Steam trading cards, Greenlight, movie partnerships.

The company isn't that big, and I am sure there a shit load of projects we don't know about.

Scythian

If anyone wants in on a Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack for $4.99 USD per copy via PayPal send me a PM and/or add me on Steam :)

1. Me
2. Gone
3. Gone
4. Gone

Thanks! :)

Saiyan-Rox

I've recently-ish finished Dishonored and BioShock Infinite. I've kept them installed for DLC in the future.

Currently playing FTL, Max Payne 3 (very close to finishing), and Hotline Miami.

I have games started in Legend of Grimlock, Skyrim, STALKER, Spec Ops and The Witcher though I'm not actively playing them at the moment. My kids like to play Don't Starve and FTL and Morrowind is there for my wife (it's her favorite game).

After I finish Max Payne 3 I think I should move on to Spec Ops and The Witcher.

What's the steam level popup thing? :S

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
If you live near a Half Price Books (U.S. only, mainly midwest), you may be able to pick up Steam redeemable retail copies of games for cheap. HPB is having a 50% off sale (coupon acquired through signing up for newsletter on their site). I was able to get Mafia II for $3 + tax. There were a few other Steamworks games too (Duke Nukem Forever, Kane & Lynch 2, Jagged Alliance Back in Action). Tomorrow is a 40% off sale. I may swing back by to pickup Jagged Alliance. I think card prices should just about make it free in the end.

With HPB, there is no guarantee of what will be in inventory. Most of their PC games are unsold inventory from distributors, so is a bit more consistent between stores. All the games I listed I've seen at multiple locations, most having a half dozen copies of each.

If you live near a Half Price Books (U.S. only, mainly midwest), you may be able to pick up Steam redeemable retail copies of games for cheap. HPB is having a 50% off sale (coupon acquired through signing up for newsletter on their site). I was able to get Mafia II for $3 + tax. There were a few other Steamworks games too (Duke Nukem Forever, Kane & Lynch 2, Jagged Alliance Back in Action). Tomorrow is a 40% off sale. I may swing back by to pickup Jagged Alliance. I think card prices should just about make it free in the end.

With HPB, there is no guarantee of what will be in inventory. Most of their PC games are unsold inventory from distributors, so is a bit more consistent between stores. All the games I listed I've seen at multiple locations, most having a half dozen copies of each.

Yea, I have scored some good deals at 1/2 price books on PC games over the years, who cares if they are steam games really as well. I found original copies of games like Arcanum and Alice 1 there as well. Be careful if it's a modern Steam game that it is sealed and the key is unused...

Ezra2680

StarForge is the new daily deal on steam. Kind of looks like minecraft with modern graphics. Anyone played this yet? Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom