• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Glad it works with other skins as well, but be sure to restart Steam a few times after the modification to check if the client retains the grid layout

With Steam Compact skin I managed to remove the vertical line between grid rows, but after client restart, the view reverted to one with loads of space between images. Might be just my setup, or the Compact skin, but yeah, best to check it for yourselves.

chunk3rvd

Probably long missed the boat on this but is anyone interested in splitting a 4 pack of Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed before the sale finishes? Had a little go on the free weekend and thought it was pretty fun!

Turfster

Really want the sale now before I use all of this months disposable funds.

Anyway WTF at the difference in release dates with Civ 5 brave new world. Its Tuesday for US and Friday for uk(and europe I assume) considering the sales will be heavily digital what the fuck is the point of it?

Welcome to the world where a few brick and mortar chains can make the sea slow down bits as they get pushed across it.

Salsa

Holy crap, are you people really okay with the large borders between images in the default grid view?

First thing I edited, personally couldn't stand all the wasted screen space.

Ws5HOQa.png

yeah I do this with Metro after steamcompact stopped doing it by default for some reason

Cth

Probably long missed the boat on this but is anyone interested in splitting a 4 pack of Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed before the sale finishes? Had a little go on the free weekend and thought it was pretty fun!

I'm debating on it as I just sold enough cards.

It's either get this, 400 Days, or save it for the summer sale.

I wish this full time job would come through, I wanna buy so much stuff :D

Acorn

Welcome to the world where a few brick and mortar chains can make the sea slow down bits as they get pushed across it.

I don't know how a CIV 5 expansion would get caught up in that though. They could delay it a week and digital would still destroy physical.

Enco

Really want the sale now before I use all of this months disposable funds.

Anyway WTF at the difference in release dates with Civ 5 brave new world. Its Tuesday for US and Friday for uk(and europe I assume) considering the sales will be heavily digital what the fuck is the point of it?

Really annoyed at release date differences in this day and age. On that note is there any IP spoofers I should use to unlock it on Tuesday and stay off-line until Friday?
Yea the digital release differences are complete bullshit.

Fuck whoever is behind that. Completely meaningless. All it does is piss gamers off.

Colin.

I'd be interested, but I'd be more inclined to trade or pay by Steam wallet. Been trying to save my real money.

Platy

The company who made Steam avaliable in brazil and deals with payment options (Boa Compra) is doing some advertising in a brazilian site :

t8BrLeE.png

"The biggest sale of the year is coming. Get Ready"

kami_sama

I just did the grid mode thing and it looks stunning. A lot better than the normal spacing on PixelVision and I did exactly the same.

Angry Fork

Have a feeling we won't get the sale until the end of next week which is annoying. I go back to work soon I want to get Infinite and beat it before then =(

bigace33

I'm debating on it as I just sold enough cards.

It's either get this, 400 Days, or save it for the summer sale.

I wish this full time job would come through, I wanna buy so much stuff :D

400 Days is good but it should have been free. It lasts about an hour. If you're strapped for cash you should probably get another game that will last you longer.

Cth

400 Days is good but it should have been free. It lasts about an hour. If you're strapped for cash you should probably get another game that will last you longer.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Sonic just because it's a good deal, and 400 Days will be $5 regardless.

I'll probably end up getting 400 Days on the Xbox (eventually) and hope the sale doesn't start until Friday :D

Grief.exe

Convenience > aesthetics every time. If you don't believe that then you're probably using windows 8.

Its not like the list really makes the selection that more convenient. The detail view doesn't completely change the way you right click on a box.

In either form you are going to be right-clicking on an item and pressing play game. You aren't going to be able to argue that the detail view saves anything more than a modicum of time over the grid view.

Afro

Grid View is the closest I'm going to get to physically holding the game case and looking at the pretty cover art. Pretty much the main reason I use it. Made the transition from console to PC gaming a bit easier.

Its not like the list really makes the selection that more convenient. The detail view doesn't completely change the way you right click on a box.

In either form you are going to be right-clicking on an item and pressing play game. You aren't going to be able to argue that the detail view saves anything more than a modicum of time over the grid view.

There's also the benefit of being able to see update news, links to the store page/ community hub, etc. I will agree the differences are a little arbitrary though.

Besides, list view is the clear winner. You can arrange games by meta scores!

Are there any other good looking skins for Steam except for the Metro one i've been seeing? Preferrably ones which doesn't require a devaintart acc to download.

I bought all mystery cards using card profits. I guess I could've bought about 9 dollars worth of games. Hmmm I hope these cards are worth it in some way. Also, my inventory says I have one item more than I really do. Anybody know the reason?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Double click or bust.

every time I upload a screenshot I get creepy comments from randoms I swear

iPME0BOBQolCv.PNG
That's why I restrict all my screenshots to friends only.

I'd like to get creepy comments from Steam friends :/

When activating a key on Steam, do you get a chance to back out before registering it? I have 2 keys, one is BL 2 and one is its Season Pass but I don't know which is which and I don't want to accidently waste the BL 2 key since I already own the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom