• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

When activating a key on Steam, do you get a chance to back out before registering it? I have 2 keys, one is BL 2 and one is its Season Pass but I don't know which is which and I don't want to accidently waste the BL 2 key since I already own the game.

If you already own the game it'll just tell you that and the key won't be used.

Grief.exe

When activating a key on Steam, do you get a chance to back out before registering it? I have 2 keys, one is BL 2 and one is its Season Pass but I don't know which is which and I don't want to accidently waste the BL 2 key since I already own the game.

It wont let you activate 2 of the same games.

KPJZKC

Dear god, these cards are the worst thing ever. Just spent a couple of hours getting drops for BoI & FTL and I didn't even want to play those games (after how much I played them at launch). Time to relearn how to play Gratuitous Space Battles now.

derExperte

So Thunder Wolves. I've spent 3 bucks for much worse, while the radio chatter is terribly annoying throughout the game I liked just flying around and shooting stuff. It's easy (on normal), short (3-4hrs), there's some variety in the missions and the graphics have a nice toy-like quality. Don't think I'll ever go back to it but it was perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

Dear god, these cards are the worst thing ever. Just spent a couple of hours getting drops for BoI & FTL and I didn't even want to play those games (after how much I played them at launch). Time to relearn how to play Gratuitous Space Battles now.

You don't have to play.

Twinduct

every time I upload a screenshot I get creepy comments from randoms I swear

iPME0BOBQolCv.PNG

Hey man, everyone was thinking it right?
right?

Think my best comment I got was from one of the devs that made the game Fly'd on one I took from the game.

Made me feel bad for not finishing it :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Since yesterday every time I try to buy a game on GMG I get a redirect error right before the payment page. It says the page is stuck in a redirect loop on all browsers. Any ideas? I've tried clearing cookies and all that.

Grief.exe

Ok thanks guys. Hmmmm... I was sure I accidently activated Alan Wake a second time with a key after already owning it.

I suppose its possible if it is a different registry entry.

Like Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Markham City GOTY have separate App IDs.
Would Steam know these are the same games and not allow you to activate both?

I knew that wasn't the case with Borderlands 2, which only has the one registry entry. So I did not mention it.

Thieve

Neo Member
I suppose its possible if it is a different registry entry.

Like Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Markham City GOTY have separate App IDs.
Would Steam know these are the same games and not allow you to activate both?

I knew that wasn't the case with Borderlands 2, which only has the one registry entry so I did not mention it.

I was thinking about that as well, like if you bought a bundle that had more than one game for the key, and added a key for just one of the games in the bundle would it warn you or just accept it.

MikeDown

Banned
Anyone else getting horribly slow download speeds from Steam?
Yeah. With my internet, Origin takes roughly 12hrs to download 1gb, Steam however has recently only been downloading 600MBs in roughly a 12hr time period. Use to be on par w/ Origin.

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
I was thinking about that as well, like if you bought a bundle that had more than one game for the key, and added a key for just one of the games in the bundle would it warn you or just accept it.

Steam doesn't give you any warning message that a part of a bundle is already on your account. Using a key would activate the remainder of the bundle to your account. The key would then be unable to be used again. If you already owned part of the bundle, the additional licenses would be lost. This is the main reason so many people wanted Humble Bundles to move away from single keys to separate keys for each product. No more 'wasted' keys if you only wanted a part of the bundle.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How does one go about getting the Metro design for Steam?

Freezard

How does one go about getting the Metro design for Steam?

I don't know. I looked at the install instructions but closed it after a few seconds. Looked like a lot of work compared to other skins.

EDIT: Nevermind, there was a lot of stuff in the folder but apparently you just have to copy the whole folder to steam/skins.

I was having trouble decreasing the space between game icons in grid view.

Any tips? I have pixel vision.

Don't forget to match the values of the gamespage_grid.layout files in the original and the skin folders.

Code:
"interiorspacing"				-1
Code:
		GridView.DropShadowLeading "0"
Setting these values on both did it for me.

Freezard

I've tested two skins now (including Metro), and both have had the friend button in the top right. I just cannot accept that ;__;

Salsa

apparently my episode 5 walking data is gone. save lists as if I only played up to 4

I dont need it for the 400 days right? but have they said anything about it connecting to season 2?

if not i'll just let it die, tired of this game's save issues

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anyone else getting horribly slow download speeds from Steam?
Yeah. I used to download around 14MB, last couple of day's it's usually around 7. Just 7. Three years ago I never would have thought saying that. :/ So fast!

Totally offtopic; I like your avatar.

smr00

Banned
Yeah. I used to download around 14MB, last couple of day's it's usually around 7. Just 7. Three years ago I never would have thought saying that. :/

Totally offtopic; I like your avatar.
Jesus.. Did i set something wrong when installing Steam? Because i literally get capped out at 3 even though i am currently on a 25mbs connection now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom