• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'll make a guide and add it to the OP

Basically replace these files
Steam/Resource/Layout/gamespage_grid.layout
Steam/Skins/"Name of Skin"/Resource/Layout/gamespage_grid.layout

with http://pastebin.com/Ee6xTCLB

Interior Spacing value adjusts the Y axis

I just need someone to let me know what adjusts the X axis.

This is a picture of all of the people on my friends list that have good taste.

sQkh9cb.jpg

Probably the best game I have played all year. Looks great with some mods and doesn't affect the gameplay.

pU44Dfz.png

Grief.exe

Check the quote. That value adjusts y axis spacing of the items.

EDIT: wait from the file entry for Interior Spacing // minimum interitem spacing, used for both x and y_

So that value should adjust both X & Y, but it is only adjusting Y for me.

Knurek

Interior Spacing value adjusts the Y axis

I just need someone to let me know what adjusts the X axis.

This is weird, interior spacing works for both X and Y axis here. Try setting the value to -5 or something like that, and see if it helps.

I have a slider in the right top bottom of Steam Window that let's me change the grid icon size, don't see anything like that in your picture though...

Check the quote. That value adjusts y axis spacing of the items.

EDIT: wait from the file entry for Interior Spacing // minimum interitem spacing, used for both x and y_

So that value should adjust both X & Y, but it is only adjusting Y for me.

Can you pastebin your config files? I'll compare to see the problem.

I just used this file for both of them

http://pastebin.com/Ee6xTCLB

Bolton is having the same issue.

Try using this for the skin folder without replacing the original folder.
Also you might use the slider to "refresh" it.

When I use those with Metro all my games within grid view disappear.

For Metro Skin try replacing the gamespage_grid.layout file in the skin folder with this. While replacing the original one with this.

Grief.exe

There it is. Key is the zoom slider, click it with your mouse then use the arrow keys to finely tune.

Still some more work to be done on my end playing with numbers to get it to perfectly line up

lsE2IS7.jpg

Try using this for the skin folder without replacing the original folder.
Also you might use the slider to "refresh" it.

For Metro Skin try replacing the gamespage_grid.layout file in the skin folder with this. While replacing the original one with this.

I did as you said but there is no difference. I do have the slider but it doesn't get rid of the negative space.

I did as you said but there is no difference. I do have the slider but it doesn't get rid of the negative space.

I have both Metro and Pixelvision on this PC so I modified both of them. Here is a zip file with all the modified files, just extract them in the steam folder and overwrite the existing files. I hope this will work.

Also can you post a screenshot, I don't get what you mean by negative space.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just picked up RE5 and 6, so that's all of them now. I can't get any more games. I can't believe how many I have gotten, but also can't believe the deals I got. No need of a Steam Summer Sale this year. If the summer sale happens and is still going when I get my next paycheck, maybe I will get something little for 75% off, but I have a lot more than I can play here of top quality stuff.

Grief.exe

I have both Metro and Pixelvision on this PC so I modified both of them. Here is a zip file with all the modified files, just extract them in the steam folder and overwrite the existing files. I hope this will work.

Also can you post a screenshot, I don't get what you mean by negative space.

I'm sure its space in the X axis.

@Bolton you made sure to play with the Zoom bar? When you move it right and left with the arrow keys, you should see the space slowly decreasing until it reaches a certain point and resets to a maximum value.

Play with it and let me know, I am headed out but I will check in later.

Grief.exe

Ok, THAT worked. Thank you!

You know what happened?

Its really finicky about file sizes. I bet you edited it too much and adjusted the file size by a bite, Steam was loading a previous version instead.

I noticed when I played around with it too much, Steam would stop accepting the save. I would have to start over with a fresh grid layout file to fix the issue.

You know what happened?

Its really finicky about file sizes. I bet you edited it too much and adjusted the file size by a bite, Steam was loading a previous version instead.

I noticed when I played around with it too much, Steam would stop accepting the save. I would have to start over with a fresh grid layout file to fix the issue.

You are changing the skin file too, the skin file, at least for Metro skin, includes some details about grid options and sizes too. So I suggest you try the one I edited or just redownload the skin file and edit only the required values.

Scythian

Wow, I'm suddenly getting really involved in this trading card business, I crafted the FTL badge and now I'm only thinking about getting games with cards in the Steam Sale. I'm planning out how to get the most cards without spending any extra money.

Razorskin

----- ------
Wow, I'm suddenly getting really involved in this trading card business, I crafted the FTL badge and now I'm only thinking about getting games with cards in the Steam Sale. I'm planning out how to get the most cards without spending any extra money.

Gabe has you right where he wants you.

Any good indie 2D physics/puzzle/speed platformers on Steam? (Already have SMB and Limbo)

Some I've found looking online:
Saira
Closure
Thomas Was Alone
Gateways
Fez
Dustforce

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Any good indie 2D physics/puzzle/speed platformers on Steam? (Already have SMB and Limbo)

Saira
Closure
Thomas Was Alone
Gateways
Fez
Dustforce

I highly recommend Thomas Was Alone. Also, Mutant Blobs Attack! is a really fun platformer. It's more enjoyable than difficult (which I vastly prefer). Also, Mark of the Ninja if you haven't already played it. Incredible game.

Nabs

Saira
Closure
Thomas Was Alone
Gateways
Fez
Dustforce

Dustforce is an amazing platformer. It just takes a bit of practice.

Dustforce is an amazing platformer. It just takes a bit of practice.
Those are the best kind. Dustforce looks so smooth in the trailer. Is there only one right way through levels? And any level editor?

And I have Mark of the Ninja on 360. My favorite stealth game, the only one that captures the essence of being a ninja, rather than being a combo-crazed killing machine (cough Ninja Gaiden cough)

Bought Half Life 2 at launch, have a 9 years old Steam account, still never bought Episode 2, I should probably get that. I have every Half-Life game besides that, even Lost Coast for god's sake (not much of a game but still).

I still haven't beaten Half Life 2 after all these years...

and yes that includes Episode 1 and 2

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
Looted a Fractal key from ModBot. It works! (And nobody claimed it! And I have no idea what Fractal is!)

12+ hours after initial posting and there were still unclaimed keys? I didn't think the internet was capable of showing such restraint. Sheriff ModBot really is cleaning up this town.

Ms. Splosion Man

Rogue legacy

They Bleed Pixels
Saw the trailers. All these game look awesome. Especially Rogue Legacy. Didnt realize it was an insane platformer.

Preferably my favorite type of platformers are physics based like Limbo and....LittleBigPlanet. I like hard platformers like SMB as well, but I just really enjoy physics based puzzles and platforming

12+ hours after initial posting and there were still unclaimed keys? I didn't think the internet was capable of showing such restraint. Sheriff ModBot really is cleaning up this town.
I guess when the lurkers are removed from the equation, keys go unclaimed more often

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Preferably my favorite type of platformers are physics based like Limbo and....LittleBigPlanet. I like hard platformers like SMB as well, but I just really enjoy physics based puzzles and platforming
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Capsized
Rochard
Trine 1&2
BEEP
Storm in a Teacup
Nimbus
Eversion (not "physics based" but play it anyway)
Blocks that Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom