• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

Preferably my favorite type of platformers are physics based like Limbo and....LittleBigPlanet. I like hard platformers like SMB as well, but I just really enjoy physics based puzzles and platforming

I'd say Trine 2 is a big improvement to Trine. To such a degree that you can skip the first one without feeling guilty.
Trine 2 has more variety in terrain (and it all looks absolutely astonishing), more diverse enemies and bosses and a better, less sloppy ending. And lovely music!
And it has its fair share of physics based puzzles and combat even.

So yeah, get Trine 2!

I am currently playing through Borderlands 2 and I'm quite enjoying it. Would you guys recommend getting the Season pass from GMG while it's on sale? I.e. is the content worth getting?

Played a few hours of Interstellar Marines, really pleasantly surprised. Obviously very alpha esqe but the lighting systems in place are amazing. Flicking your light on and off in order to see at night/when the lights go out is incredibly intense.

Hope the entrance on steam is enough to allow the team to really speed up the development process and rehire people as needed. Seems like it could be something really special.

Exeunt

yeah, me too

what's up with this ModBot thing?

It's a system Stump came up with to facilitate Steam key giveaways while keeping track of which keys are claimed by which users. I believe both parties work by PMing the bot, which posts keys and updates their status accordingly.

Razorskin

----- ------
I am currently playing through Borderlands 2 and I'm quite enjoying it. Would you guys recommend getting the Season pass from GMG while it's on sale? I.e. is the content worth getting?

The Season pass contains all of the new campaigns, what it doesn't have is all of the character customizations and the 2 new classes. It is worth getting if you like the game. Oh and lacks the creature slaughterdome

metalshade

I have 230 hours in BL2, and I haven't even touched the DLC, despite having the season pass, there is just so much content already, but if the DLC is at the same quality as the main game, then it is definitely worth having (and according to reviews, it is.)
So I would say yes.

The Season pass contains all of the new campaigns, what it doesn't have is all of the character customizations and the 2 new classes. It is worth getting if you like the game. Oh and lacks the creature slaughterdome

I have 230 hours in BL2, and I haven't even touched the DLC, despite having the season pass, there is just so much content already, but if the DLC is at the same quality as the main game, then it is definitely worth having (and according to reviews, it is.)
So I would say yes.

Thanks for your input. I got the BL2 + Season pass from GMG, but now I have another problem, it doesn't say wich key is from BL2 and wich is for the season pass... Anyone know what happens when you try to activate a key on Steam for a game that you already own? Does it tell you that and let you activate it on another account?

Thanks for your input. I got the BL2 + Season pass from GMG, but now I have another problem, it doesn't say wich key is from BL2 and wich is for the season pass... Anyone know what happens when you try to activate a key on Steam for a game that you already own? Does it tell you that and let you activate it on another account?

I'm fairly sure you can reuse the key but I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm it.

Smiles Davis

Neo Member

Yep. If you input the BL2 code, it will tell you it can't be registered since your account already has the game. It won't use the key, so you can then sell it/gift it to someone else. You can't add it into your steam inventory. You would need to send some one the serial #.

from GMG support

Borderlands 2 sale - Key Order Info
Hi all,

For this sale title, please note the keys will be displayed to you in the following order:
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Borderlands 2 - Base game
This will also be messaged in the Order Confirmation email to avoid any confusion.
Thanks,
GMG Customer Service

I'm fairly sure you can reuse the key but I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm it.

Yep. If you input the BL2 code, it will tell you it can't be registered since your account already has the game. It won't use the key, so you can then sell it/gift it to someone else. You can't add it into your steam inventory. You would need to send some one the serial #.

from GMG support

Borderlands 2 sale - Key Order Info
Hi all,

For this sale title, please note the keys will be displayed to you in the following order:
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Borderlands 2 - Base game
This will also be messaged in the Order Confirmation email to avoid any confusion.
Thanks,
GMG Customer Service

Monster quote time - thanks a lot guys. That clears it right up.

Can I trade and gift games from my inventory from the mobile app or mobile site?

I prefer using the site on my phone. Always faster on 3G compared to the app.

RE6 has a ton of content, but it's a bloated example of everything that's wrong with the tendency to favour storytelling over gameplay.

Case in point.

I disagree pretty strongly considering the game actually has far more actual gameplay and movement options than any other game out there but alas. The QTEs are pretty exaggerated as well, RE4 had more and far more awkwardly implemented.

For that price anyone on the fench should give it a go, best TPS of the generation outside of Vanquish(and maybe MP3, although that one is quite different mechanically)

Salsa

I'm gonna assume they had already bought it on GoG.

or you know

FPxaOxc.jpg

How would RE: Revelations perform on a not so good PC, since it's a port of a 3DS game? It's not terribly visually taxing but at the same time I'm not too sure what to expect.

edit: shit there's a demo! Great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I disagree pretty strongly considering the game actually has far more actual gameplay and movement options than any other game out there but alas. The QTEs are pretty exaggerated as well, RE4 had more and far more awkwardly implemented.

Oh, like I said, it's a generous full-course meal. But the campaign is punctuated by terrible modern game design tropes and it generally greatly suffers from an identity crisis in that it can't quite decide if it wants to be a horror game with TPS elements or a TPS with horror elements.

The portion of the game where (actual narrative spoiler!)
your plane crashes into snow-barren mountains
is the closest RE6 comes to being survival horror, but even this section suffers from the fundamental flaw of not being challenging but rather obnoxiously frustrating.

Oh, like I said, it's a generous full-course meal. But the campaign is punctuated by terrible QTEs and the rest of the game greatly suffers from an identity crisis in that it can't quite decide if it wants to be a horror game with TPS elements or a TPS with horror elements.

The portion of the game where (actual narrative spoiler!)
your plane crashes into snow-barren mountains
is the closest RE6 comes to being survival horror, but even this section suffers from the fundamental flaw of not being challenging but rather obnoxiously frustrating.

I didn't mean in terms of the amount of actual content, it certainly is meaty in that regard, but in the actual suite of movement presented to the player. You can really do so much, from rolling around on the ground to sprinting and throwing yourself to the floor and turning at will. No other game really feels like it gives you as much freedom to do as you please.

I don't think the game really tries to be straight survivor horror much except in the early Leon sections which are the weakest by far(it wisely opens up the levels and stops herding you past the first chapter's opening). It's best when it presents varied combat scenarios and ratchets up the tension. Chris is a great example of this for me, you start out fighting in quite action packed situations with weaker enemies but gradually get pushed against much stronger ones as the tone changes suitably.

It's much more of an aciton game than a horror one, but that's perfectly acceptable to me given the combat engine used in the game is potentially the best(certainly most open) ever put into a TPS.

And I honestly don't think the QTEs were that frequent outside of the first few Leon Chapters. Chris's campaign barely has any and Jake only has them for platforming. I felt they were much more frequent and annoying in RE4 and 5.

It sounds like whilst maybe not a true RE game, being a fan of the series should at least make it an enjoyable play through.

Not sure why I am yet to play it really. Probably just because saving for a house in the Australian market makes me re think day 1 purchases a lot.

Watch some videos of the S Rank RE6 mercenaries and I would love to find a response that lists a better TPS than the two I mentioned.

RE6's mechanics on their own are top of the class, Mercs mode is a pure playground to go mad with them. I loved the campaign for its quirks and variety but can understand the distaste.

edit: the more I think about it the more I realize this is probably the worst opinion ive read in quite a long while

Neat.

Edit: The more I think about it the more I realize this is probably the most needlessly insulting response I've read in quite a long while.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For those who have not taken any keys from ModBot:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Spidy -- MB-831500307F83D2EF - Taken by Aitor
Realms of Ancient War -- MB-CDEFC09D802A34CE - Taken by Rafy
Dollar Dash -- MB-9FEE576D32661A5D - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Reus -- MB-4353872810A081C0 - Taken by Twie
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-D58A80CECF3634D3 - Taken by SourCinnamon
Virtua Tennis 4 -- MB-7CE8ACB00553CA49 - Taken by yoshizzle
Papa & Yo -- MB-2A126CAD409DFF3E - Taken by ricochetguro
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-AD54B20C35359C9D - Taken by toddhunter
Bad Bots -- MB-F6CAE7D6F6A50FE9 - Taken by Baha
Dungeonland -- MB-B402B2E26247196A - Taken by jshackles
Borderlands 2 -- MB-4BB0C556E003F9D4 - Taken by eyeless
Borderlands 2 Season Pass -- MB-1956160E31AEDDA5 - Taken by DunderHassan
Thunder Wolves -- MB-677502C928D89881 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-F7BAC63A4E9AB622 - Taken by spindoctor
Anna Extended Edition -- MB-83B9A99D6DA27541 - Taken by Cyberquake

Salsa

For those who have not taken any keys from ModBot:

tried for Anna

it's cool that I can just send requests and not feel guilty knowing that if the person doesnt want people who already got stuff days back to get more they can just use 'nowinners'

Wonder how many people that already took something will try anyway.

as said above it doesnt matter since those giving the keys can choose for those requests to be ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom