• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Man, downsampling Papo and Yo from 3600x2025 and it's gorgeous. Really need to try to get one of those 4K monitors, although given I just bought a rift I'll wait until 60 Hz models come out.

dude I still need to get a fuckin 1080p monitor again, lol

i've been playing on my 26 inch HDTV that maxes at 1360x768 ever since my monitor broke and it's been a while now. Gamepad (thus sitting further away) + downsampling from 2040x1152 on everything helps, but ive been stalling this for a long time

equally, my keyboard has had the ALT key broken for like a year now. Im the worst

probably the only guy in the world who is playing at 768p with a 680 and 4.5ghz i5

The art for the Mystery Cards has changed again. Now they look like this:

WcaBxep.png

Now they look more like an isoline map. Also: 3 lines. HL3.

I don't mean to sound rude, nor do I mean to belittle your discourse, but at this point we're retreading expounded ground. Needless to say, we simply don't see eye to eye in regard to how successfully RE6's systems integrate with its game design.

I think we can agree on this, though: the sheer amount of content in RE6 is a breath of fresh air in a time where one can generally finish a new release across a weekend if not overnight. I played through the game with a mate (sans the Ada campaign) and, if memory serves, it took us around 26 hours.

Perfectly understandable, and I'm certainly in the minority in terms of my appreciation of what it does in the campaign. Thanks for the kindness.

And yeah, it was quite nice. More than that however I appreciated the return of actual, real unlockables in a game. Agent Hunt mode was such an incredible thing to unlock upon completion of the game, surprised it doesn't get more love. Ada too although that is now from the start.

Nabs

i've been playing on my 26 inch HDTV that maxes at 1360x768 ever since my monitor broke and it's been a while now. Gamepad (thus sitting further away) + downsampling from 2040x1152 on everything helps, but ive been stalling this for a long time

equally, my keyboard has had the ALT key broken for like a year now. Im the worst

probably the only guy in the world who is playing at 768p with a 680 and 4.5ghz i5

inky

I just hope the Mystery Card set you'll definitely have to get isn't that large in the end. The good thing is that prices will probably tank to other card levels when we know what it is all about.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So at the GMG deals. For the price of one new 59.99 game with tax, using the vouchers and such.

I got:

Anna
Alien Spidy
Thunder Wolves
Resident Evil 6
They Bleed Pixels
Papo & Yo
Resident Evil 5
XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
lBorderlands 2 Season Pass
Borderlands 2

SALES yo

Vecks

Mordeccai

This made me laugh and cringe so hard. A laughcringe if you will.

Also thats a pretty nice overclock you've got on your i5. I had mine at 4.2 for a while, but then got a little obsessive compulsive thinking about it working too hard and reset it back to stock. Have you had that clock speed for the whole life of the processor? I know ocing is supposed to be relatively safe but I want to treat my pc parts like they're little babbys.

So at the GMG deals. For the price of one new 59.99 game with tax, using the vouchers and such.

I got:

Anna
Alien Spidy
Thunder Wolves
Resident Evil 6
They Bleed Pixels
Papo & Yo
Resident Evil 5
Borderlands 2

SALES yo

Pretty good haul for the price of one new release.

Modbot sounds like a great idea. I might have to give it a go next time there are games available.

How do we gift a game for Modbot to offer?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Perfectly understandable, and I'm certainly in the minority in terms of my appreciation of what it does in the campaign. Thanks for the kindness.

:)

And yeah, it was quite nice. More than that however I appreciated the return of actual, real unlockables in a game. Agent Hunt mode was such an incredible thing to unlock upon completion of the game, surprised it doesn't get more love. Ada too although that is now from the start.

Certainly. Come to think of it, it's a tad depressing to realise that a game having "old-school" unlockables is a nice surprise. For all the good that a generation largely defined by a shift to digital distribution has wrought, publishers forgoing bonus content in favour of paid DLC is one of the worst trends. It's for this reason that I'll happily exclaim my appreciation for Valve/CDPR and their use of (free!) DLC to both reward existing customers and entice the more hesitant.

Salsa

This made me laugh and cringe so hard. A laughcringe if you will.

Also thats a pretty nice overclock you've got on your i5. I had mine at 4.2 for a while, but then got a little obsessive compulsive thinking about it working too hard and reset it back to stock. Have you had that clock speed for the whole life of the processor? I know ocing is supposed to be relatively safe but I want to treat my pc parts like they're little babbys.

ive had it for like a year without OC. my mobo is a P8P67 LE so I cant choose voltage manually, nor do a regular overclock.

so, I ended up OCing from the Turbo Boost. CPU is basically running at 4.5ghz in turbo mode the whole time without winding down. I gather it might cut its life a bit but knowing sandy probably not by much, bought a hyper 212 evo and just said fuck it.

5wEiyTw.png
BgiXvpz.png

best CPU ever made, it's a champ

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man, Papo&Yo's A/V presentation is exceptional. The background sounds are really well done, as is the rest of the sound work in general. Walking around is almost a pleasure.

Plus it's so charming.

Look at that frog!

Game looks different and interesting which is why i bought it.

KiDdYoNe

The art for the Mystery Cards has changed again. Now they look like this:

WcaBxep.png

Now they look more like an isoline map. Also: 3 lines. HL3.

Whaaaaat the fuck?
It's 23rd hour at work now, but i think i see some anime mask, if i turn my head 90 degrees left...it's just my imagination, but now im sure it's gonna change again in a few days. And maybe even more. They are giving us some kind of picture. Need to do a detail look.

Facism

Sarah (foil) from alan wake prices dropping like a fucking rock :( When i put it up for sale it was almost £1.60. Now it's dropped below £1.00.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm turning 22 in 10 minutes. Is there any amazing deal I could get right now to celebrate?

Like Arkham City GOTY for $2.50, Space Marine + all DLC for $5 or Remember Me for $10, stuff like that.

Of course, a better self birthday present would be sitting down and actually play the stuff I have right now. But we all know that's not going to happen!

Cth

I'm turning 22 in 10 minutes. Is there any amazing deal I could get right now to celebrate?

Like Arkham City GOTY for $2.50, Space Marine + all DLC for $5 or Remember Me for $10, stuff like that.

I'm turning 40 next Wednesday, happy birthday!

It probably won't help, but register at greenmangaming, use a 10% off code to get They Bleed Pixels for $2.25(?), get 4 cards from it which you can flip for another 2 or 3 bucks (unless you get a foil in which case it'd be higher). Then you get $2 of credit at GG towards another game which you could trade/get cards (and use the 10% off again)

Mordeccai

ive had it for like a year without OC. my mobo is a P8P67 LE so I cant choose voltage manually, nor do a regular overclock.

Damn those temps are nice too. I've got a 212 heatsink on my rig as well, I tinkered with the voltages on my mobo a little bit but for the most part, even though I was following some guides linked in the PC thread I felt like this

elqsTMu.jpg

At 4.2 my temps were around 38 on all cores, looks not too far off from yours.

Fuggit I'm gonna OC my cpu sometime later this week after my exam. Might even kick up my 7870 a few mhz. I haven't really run across anything that makes me feel like I need an overclock though, but perhaps it'll help my shiny new borderlands 2 game run better.

Speaking of BL2, can anyone chime in on if the two DLC classes are worth a purchase? I looked up some youtube vids of them and they look alright enough. Seems like there is plenty of content though without em.

smr00

Banned
Reading all the trading card prices going up and down and selling and waiting i just can't but to picture everyone as Jim Cramer just freaking out and yelling in their houses going SELL NOW, X FOILS ARE UP! X CARDS ARE GOING DOWN! SELL SELL!

luiztfc

I got:

Anna
Alien Spidy
Thunder Wolves
Resident Evil 6
They Bleed Pixels
Papo & Yo
Resident Evil 5
Borderlands 2

SALES yo

That's a really nice haul. I'm eagerly waiting for XCOM to enter the Summer Sale. Did you play the DLC?

I wish Gunpoint was longer. What a great little game.

I got stuck on that level where you have the 5 doors with different colors and you have to wait outside configuring all of them. Was tired at the time and got really frustrated and haven't returned, I really need to do so.

Think I figured out what to do, was just making it more difficult than I needed to and got annoyed as a result.

Salsa

Damn those temps are nice too. I've got a 212 heatsink on my rig as well, I tinkered with the voltages on my mobo a little bit but for the most part, even though I was following some guides linked in the PC thread I felt like this

elqsTMu.jpg

At 4.2 my temps were around 38 on all cores, looks not too far off from yours.

Fuggit I'm gonna OC my cpu sometime later this week after my exam. Might even kick up my 7870 a few mhz. I haven't really run across anything that makes me feel like I need an overclock though, but perhaps it'll help my shiny new borderlands 2 game run better.

Speaking of BL2, can anyone chime in on if the two DLC classes are worth a purchase? I looked up some youtube vids of them and they look alright enough. Seems like there is plenty of content though without em.

just stick with 4.2 if you already know you can get it to that, more than enough

Of course, a better self birthday present would be sitting down and actually play the stuff I have right now. But we all know that's not going to happen!
Congrats. Turned 21 myself in June. Damn the teen years went by fucking fast

Fox318

Its all downhill from 22

I'm so sorry

WeaselJCD

Neo Member

Happy Birthday!!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm turning 40 next Wednesday, happy birthday!

It probably won't help, but register at greenmangaming, use a 10% off code to get They Bleed Pixels for $2.25(?), get 4 cards from it which you can flip for another 2 or 3 bucks (unless you get a foil in which case it'd be higher). Then you get $2 of credit at GG towards another game which you could trade/get cards (and use the 10% off again)
Thanks! I already have that game, and it's good, even if hard as fuck. I already got (and sold) all of its cards.

Congrats. Turned 21 myself in June. Damn the teen years went by fucking fast
Thank you! Yup, can't believe my age got to a palindromic number again. Last time it happened was at 11, half a lifetime ago.

Its all downhill from 22

I'm so sorry
It was already downhill at 20.5 years (but that half year was the very best), so I already have zero expectations for the remaining of my life :p

Happy Birthday!!!!
Thanks!

Salsa

well 22 was kinda whatever but at 23 my gf of 5 years broke up with me, I got a pretty severe eye condition that left me with DVS and a shit ton of eye floaters that bother me daily and will never go away, lost my job, uncle died, cat died, balding took over the last bits of my hair, house got robbed (not much but still)

so yeah dude tough times ahead this is scientific fact

im 24 in a month and it can only get better tho, so now im drinking vodka with apple juice from a juicer I just bought

oh happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom