• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So Cortex Command...is it a good game? The reviews seem very divisive, but then there are awesome reviews like this and Rock Paper Shotgun's..

I'm obviously going to wait for the Summer Sale, but is the game worth getting?

It's a neat concept, but in all my attempts at it, it's never really "clicked." If you're hoping for a polished single player experience with a narrative and objectives, I'd say pass. If the idea of tinkering around lots of trial and error to win a few rounds sounds bearable or even appealing, give it a try. Youtube videos could probably give you a pretty good idea of how it plays.

Turfster

tumblr_mplpuc93IS1s0ykkso1_1280.png

So uh. yeah this is interesting.

Guys, guys, you've got it all wrong. It's obviously because of the
plot holes!

Cortex Command is super rad, I spent around 10 hours just fucking around with the various defense missions and the hilariously awesome physics. There's just nothing like flying around with one leg left and half an arm as you spurt blood from your neck and die. It really can't be overstated how fun just moving all the characters around is.

It's very unpolished and unfinished though. I really don't know what's going on with it, was the project abandoned? It hasn't updated......ever since I redeemed my code on Steam(I bought it before that)

over a million hours and only 12 cheeves?

i kno rite i should just kill myself

Equals 136.1 years of playtime. Dude, get a life

even if i got one I'd still have 5 more lifetimes of playing it :(

(136/21)

I wonder if you just had the process opened for 136 years

what year is it?!

Yep, definitely something amiss there - should really have managed to obtain more achievements in that time, but I guess it's a credit to the immersive world design, and Liz's companionship, that you didn't feel compelled to chase them. Bravo.

I thought it was a painting for about 135 of those year.s

That would really screw up your top ten games on your Steam profile.

Meh. Wonder if it's fixable?

I say make a new account

good idea.

Cortex Command is super rad, I spent around 10 hours just fucking around with the various defense missions and the hilariously awesome physics. There's just nothing like flying around with one leg left and half an arm as you spurt blood from your neck and die. It really can't be overstated how fun just moving all the characters around is.

It's very unpolished and unfinished though. I really don't know what's going on with it, was the project abandoned? It hasn't updated......ever since I redeemed my code on Steam(I bought it before that)
I don't need a story or involved campaign to keep me interested. Love 2D games and the physics engine was intriguing. Is there a sense of progression as you play (unlock better stuff, new weapons, etc,)

Few more questions:
Vehicles?
Destructible environments - only terrain or do structures collapse?
Can we share user content made in the level editor?
Game has single player right? The trailer seemed very MP focused

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I had the same playtime error with Don't Starve and it eventually corrected itself.

I don't need a story or involved campaign to keep me interested. Love 2D games and the physics engine was intriguing. Is there a sense of progression as you play (unlock better stuff, new weapons, etc,)

Few more questions:
Vehicles?
Destructible environments - only terrain or do structures collapse?
Can we share user content made in the level editor?
Game has single player right? The trailer seemed very MP focused

There isn't any real progression, for the defense missions where I spent most of my time you choose a diificulty which gives you a set amount of funds and from that point you have everything in the game at your disposal and you get to call in what you can within your budget. As the mission goes on you can call in back up if you saved some funds.

There are no vehicles, although there are turrets and similar devices that are mechanical in nature that you can control.

Environments are destructible but keep in mind that everything is made out of the same material, I'm not really well versed in the engine but basically everything outside of the actual characters are made out of similar material. If you ever played Worms it's like that but a bit more involved

There are single player missions, with varied objectives although I think the defense stuff is the real meat. It's all one off stuff though, the campaign is available but listed as imcomplete. I haven't spent any time with it. There is multiplayer but only locally. No online or lan support, which makes sense given the amount of particles going around at any one time but it's still a shame.

As I said though, it's a super neat game with an incredible physics system that makes it a blast. I just haven't seen much progress in years.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So Dungeons didn't even load a black screen and this game loaded the (pretty cool) title screen which has no menus and responds to nothing.

Fun times in PC gaming.

Edit: Okay, windowed mode is no-go on this one.

There isn't any real progression, for the defense missions where I spent most of my time you choose a diificulty which gives you a set amount of funds and from that point you have everything in the game at your disposal and you get to call in what you can within your budget. As the mission goes on you can call in back up if you saved some funds.

There are no vehicles, although there are turrets and similar devices that are mechanical in nature that you can control.

Environments are destructible but keep in mind that everything is made out of the same material, I'm not really well versed in the engine but basically everything outside of the actual characters are made out of similar material. If you ever played Worms it's like that but a bit more involved

There are single player missions, with varied objectives although I think the defense stuff is the real meat. It's all one off stuff though, the campaign is available but listed as imcomplete. I haven't spent any time with it. There is multiplayer but only locally. No online or lan support, which makes sense given the amount of particles going around at any one time but it's still a shame.

As I said though, it's a super neat game with an incredible physics system that makes it a blast. I just haven't seen much progress in years.
Thanks for the answers. I'll wait for the Summer Sale, but I'm keeping an eye of this game

Thanks for the answers. I'll wait for the Summer Sale, but I'm keeping an eye of this game

Good idea, it's not really worth the 20 for most people due to the bugs but for 10 or less it's an incredible time.

Worth mentioning because it's amazing is the back up I mentioned comes down in a controllable rocket , you can choose to crash it(most usefully into enemies) which kills everyone inside who then splatter all over the landscape. I spent an absurdly long time messing around with this.

Another great little thing is if you get a leg blown off you hope on the remaining one. If you have none or only stumps you crawl around. The game is just full of fun little things like that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tried a bit of Sonic: All Star Racing Transformed last night... Holy shit I sucked on Hard. I keep second placing.
It's all about boost. Start boost (3 levels), constant drift boost chaining (all 3 vehicles can do it), trick boost (hops, drops, and transformations). It's not quite as bad as snaking in Mario Kart DS, but the exploitation of drift boost is pretty heavy-handed.

Salsa

I kinda hate 400 days now cause it left me wanting Season 2 so damn much

I wonder if they'll deliver in "late 2013"

Milamber

It's all about boost. Start boost (3 levels), constant drift boost chaining (all 3 vehicles can do it), trick boost (hops, drops, and transformations). It's not quite as bad as snaking in Mario Kart DS, but the exploitation of drift boost is pretty heavy-handed.

Aw man, Guess I gotta relearn all my "blue sparks" strategies. To Youtube I go!

v0rtikal

just remember to grab the DLC before the price comes back to normal (Metal Sonic and Outrun) for $0.74. I actually purchased it by selling some cards.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I kinda hate 400 days now cause it left me wanting Season 2 so damn much

I wonder if they'll deliver in "late 2013"
Telltale?
Nah, that's going to take a while.

Is STALKER performance intensive? Can it run on low end PC at lowest settings? That's another game I've been dying to play for years

Specs:
Windows 7
Pentium Dual Core B970 @ 2.3 GHz
4GB of Ram
Intel HD Graphics 2000

Grief.exe

Is STALKER performance intensive? Can it run on low end PC at lowest settings? That's another game I've been dying to play for years

Specs:
Windows 7
Pentium Dual Core B970 @ 2.3 GHz
4GB of Ram
Intel HD Graphics 2000

Stalker is very unoptimized, tough to run on even good rigs.

xelios

Dodge the falling boulders for 60 seconds challenge in Unepic is utter bullshit. Been a while since something made me wanna hulk smash the controller.

Echoplx

So I just submitted a ticket to have some games removed from my account, you have to cancel the licenses not the individual games though so there was some collateral from packs I bought. Let's see how this goes.

No I'm not crazy

Grief.exe

So I just submitted a ticket to have some games removed from my account, you have to cancel the licenses not the individual games though so there was some collateral from packs I bought. Let's see how this goes.

No I'm not crazy

I don't think support can help you with that.

Is anyone able to get Star Trek at GMG to the payment page, and is willing to help me buy it for $15.30 (I'll pay via Paypal)? For some reason only this game will not let me get past the billing address page in any browser without giving me a redirect loop error. Send me a PM if you can help, thanks!

Sounds like GMG is doing you a favor.

Grief.exe

I knew it wouldn't take long to get something like this. Obviously I collect games and Star Trek DAC was pulled from Steam so I figured I'd pick this one up. I'm aware it's not a good game.

This one probably won't get removed though considering DAC was by a completely different publisher.

Yes they can, check the SSA Section 10(B)

Just going by precedent set in the past.

Have you done this before?

xelios

This one probably won't get removed though considering DAC was by a completely different publisher.

Welp. Guess that means I don't need/want the game then. Thanks. I'll edit my post out before I get any more nonsense.

I don't think it's working, just get an error saying page isn't redirecting correctly. Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks. Guess it's just broke.

Berto

Bought a mistery card for 0,65 and sold it for 0.66. 1 cent profit. Capitalism! :D

I wasn't expecting to sell it (and didn't want it really, I put it in the market just as an experiment) but I guess prices are rising a bit because someone paid 0,70ish for it.

Grief.exe

Welp. Guess that means I don't need/want the game then. Thanks. I'll edit my post out before I get any more nonsense.

I know you are a game collector, just save your money for now and grab it later for cheap.

No need to worry about the game getting taken down since Namco probably signed a contract for a few years.

You might want to do some research and see when that contract expires.

xelios

I know you are a game collector, just save your money for now and grab it later for cheap.

No need to worry about the game getting taken down since Namco probably signed a contract for a few years.

You might want to do some research and see when that contract expires.

All irrelevant to my original post but thanks.

Dodge the falling boulders for 60 seconds challenge in Unepic is utter bullshit. Been a while since something made me wanna hulk smash the controller.

That is where the 360 controller is way better than the PS3 one. The PS3 dualshock just feels so right when you want to snap it in half.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Ok, I'm gonna open this TF2 booster pack in the hopes of a foil, and if no foil, then screw it, I'll just get the rest of the cards and craft a badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom