• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ok, I'm gonna open this TF2 booster pack in the hopes of a foil, and if no foil, then screw it, I'll just get the rest of the cards and craft a badge
Just sell it and buy a foil when the prices are low.

This explains it best: http://steamdb.info/blog/20/

Long and short of it, there are 10 common Mystery Cards and 10 Foil Mystery Cards. Using their script in Chrome, you can see which cards you have and buy the missing ones on the marketplace.

Thanks for the link. I was able to install the extension and successfully purchase the common cards I was missing. So at this stage, "25" will be released when Valve are ready to let you craft the badge?

Tak3n

Banned
if anyone is remotely interested in the UK @ Amazon the collectors edition (with the statue) of ALiens Marines is only £10!

makes the £12 I paid from GMG now look very expensive

Milamber

Finished the first Commander Keen after like 15 years. I could never do it as a kid. Hooray!

Ironically enough, from your username, I remember bashing the keyboard in frustration as a kid 20 years ago and somehow activated infinite jump. Finished all three games that way.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ironically enough, from your username, I remember bashing the keyboard in frustration as a kid 20 years ago and somehow activated infinite jump. Finished all three games that way.

I was the same way. I would always get to the last level, and didn't realize I needed to shoot the chain holding up the rock shelf to smash the wolf in order to get the final item. I would always just try to run under him and die. Super frustrating, but now it makes a bunch of sense.

metalshade

if anyone is remotely interested in the UK @ Amazon the collectors edition (with the statue) of ALiens Marines is only £10!

makes the £12 I paid from GMG now look very expensive

Doesn't register on steam. Otherwise I would have bought it.
Want that powerloader.

metalshade

Colonial Marines is Steamworks. The retail copy I got at release needed Steam.

Oh.
I just checked Steams list of retail redeemable keys and it isn't on it.
I must be missing something.

Edit: I must not buy it, no matter the price, can't support gearbox being twerps.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
So at this stage, "25" will be released when Valve are ready to let you craft the badge?

No one knows. They might have uploaded those cards in a batch, and someone uploaded another at the same time, meaning 25 is completely unrelated. Or it might be a missing one that you have to craft, or something yet to be released. They are "mystery" trading cards, after all :)

Salsa

why is this an alan wake emoticon

360fx360f

that's hilarious

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Whenever I wake up in the morning this thread has moved on 5 pages. It's crazy. No wonder people stay up all night reading it!

I dont remember it looking so ridiculous

but im glad it is

It's heavily implied in the Bright Falls webseries that the Darkness loves the shit out of Deer Fest. The main character basically gets taken because he hit and runs one.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out the Darkness is actually some sort of animal spirit.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Those look like some neat spoilers, guy's.
Thanks...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thanks for the link. I was able to install the extension and successfully purchase the common cards I was missing. So at this stage, "25" will be released when Valve are ready to let you craft the badge?

I just did the same thing. Hope these mystery cards don't turn out to be a bust.

Mystery Cards could relate to :

New Dota2 mode/DLC (Unlikely because it relates to Mystery game)
New TF2 mode/DLC (see above)
The Sci-Fi Game as F2P (Could happen. But Valve said they "canceled" the project.)
New Alien Swarm (Very Unlikely)
Hl3 (No... just no)
L4D3 (Many rumours in the last few weeks. So we might see that. Could be F2P and could be released Summer Sale.)
Ricochet 2 (They are working on it.)
Trading Card Game (Very very likely. Because Mystery Cards man.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The description of the Mystery Card plus John Cook's comment a couple of weeks ago that the trading card system moving out of beta was a step towards "an event we think everyone can be excited about" suggests to me that they're definitely tied to the Summer Sale in some way.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Photoshop request: someone alter the below posters to reflect the shenanigans around HL '3' that happen every time. I was surprised no one thought of this after the last false alarm thread.

As you wish. It was a lot of hard work.

i0VUWDU.jpg

Salsa

Mistery cards are probably related to some sort of summer sale hunt. The map thing on them looks like those old banners

350px-Steam_treasure_hunt.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Mystery Cards could relate to :

New Dota2 mode/DLC (Unlikely because it relates to Mystery game)
New TF2 mode/DLC (see above)
The Sci-Fi Game as F2P (Could happen. But Valve said they "canceled" the project.)
New Alien Swarm (Very Unlikely)
Hl3 (No... just no)
L4D3 (Many rumours in the last few weeks. So we might see that. Could be F2P and could be released Summer Sale.)
Ricochet 2 (They are working on it.)
Trading Card Game (Very very likely. Because Mystery Cards man.)
It's more likely to relate to some community event rather than be advertising for a specific game. Especially with the timing of it being so close to the summer sale. Also isn't Ricochet 2 just their way of talking about Half Life 3?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, Ricochet 2 isn't actually an active project. Valve's website doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the original game.

Yeah, Ricochet 2 isn't actually an active project. Valve's website doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the original game.

Gabe said they are working on it.

It's more likely to relate to some community event rather than be advertising for a specific game. Especially with the timing of it being so close to the summer sale. Also isn't Ricochet 2 just their way of talking about Half Life 3?

Why wasting Steam DB place for that? Never saw that befor.

How can you see the different mystery cards? All I see on the market is one type of mystery card starting from €0,70.
Install this http://steamdb.info/userscript/

From the previous page:
This explains it best: http://steamdb.info/blog/20/

Long and short of it, there are 10 common Mystery Cards and 10 Foil Mystery Cards. Using their script in Chrome, you can see which cards you have and buy the missing ones on the marketplace.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Gabe said they are working on it.

Why wasting Steam DB place for that? Never saw that befor.

An interviewer jokingly referred to "Ricochet 2" as being the game that everyone's waiting for. Both he and Gabe knew he was referring to Half Life 3 but I think it's easier for Gabe to talk about the devlopment by referring to it as "Ricochet 2" than mentioning "Half Life 3" and creating even more of a frenzy.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about wasting Steam DB places. It's not like they have limited space in there.

An interviewer jokingly referred to "Ricochet 2" as being the game that everyone's waiting for. Both he and Gabe knew he was referring to Half Life 3 but I think it's easier for Gabe to talk about the devlopment by referring to it as "Ricochet 2" than mentioning "Half Life 3" and creating even more of a frenzy.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about wasting Steam DB places. It's not like they have limited space in there.

Yeah maybe im just hyped that it could be another Valve game.

Damn you Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom