• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacimento

110 spent. That's without counting retail and other sites too, so it should be more. Still, less than two day 1 console games... Awesome.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Neat feature. I'm curious, how is this total calculated? Does it take into account the real price you payed for the game at the time or just the price each game has right now? What about redeemed keys from indie bundles or GMG and such?

Anyway $981.26 spent, in 8 years that doesn't really seem a lot, a bit more than 100$ a year. Actually it's a pretty accurate estimate of what I probably spent.

The function just goes through and tallies your receipts from that same page to arrive at the total. So it shows what you actually paid for it, not what it's currently worth. Since Steam shows all externally redeemed keys as "Free" so those are not tallied.

zkylon

zkylewd
Total Spent: $925.92

probably a lot more, since I bought a ton from amazon, gmg, etc.

also I think garry forgot about sale this year you guys

better buy call of duty full price then

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
160 dollars spent ( plus about 25 for humble bundles) over three years for 146 games. God I love steam and PC gaming.
Really? 146 games in 3 years? Doesn't show your love, I must say.

I got 332 in exactly 1 year and it's still too little. Gotta increase my purchase habits if I wanna get on level with the best SteamGAFfers out there.

bootski

jshackles. nice work bro. however, most of my 115 games were gotten thru places other than steam. sales, bundles, direct2play or whatever, etc. if i understand your posts correctly, this plugin won't give a correct estimation for people in this situation, right?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
N1BB2BO.png

guys post your library
That's more than 19000 Argentinian pesos using the credit card exchange rate. I probably could have bought a used car with that money!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The next version of Enhanced Steam should be dropping either tomorrow or Wednesday. In addition to being able to hide games and showing the breakdown of the total spent, it will also add your wallet balance to the SteamCommunity.com header.

Not sure why Valve decided against showing it there anyway.

Ichu5ho.png
Opera version too?

and do what with it

psh

I wonder if Jase will dare to post his
Take Saoirse on a ride through Patagonia.

tylerf

Really? 146 games in 3 years? Doesn't show your love, I must say.

I got 332 in exactly 1 year and it's still too little. Gotta increase my purchase habits if I wanna get on level with the best SteamGAFfers out there.

I am but a lowly foot soldier in the SteamGAF army. Glory was meant for those better than I.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles. nice work bro. however, most of my 115 games were gotten thru places other than steam. sales, bundles, direct2play or whatever, etc. if i understand your posts correctly, this plugin won't give a correct estimation for people in this situation, right?

That's more or less correct. If you want to total these game purchases, you'll have to hunt down the receipts yourself. I've seen a few websites where you can enter this data manually, or you can make a spreadsheet. :)

Opera version too?

Opera is currently being updated for version 15+ (Opera "Next") which uses the exact same code as Google Chrome.

most of my purchases in the last 2 years or so have been "retail" (meaning keys from other stores), making the total spent a tad bit pointless. Game/Market transactions are nice though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
there aren't enough zeros in the world
Buffer overflow. Dudes just don't know when to stop.

Opera is currently being updated for version 15+ (Opera "Next") which uses the exact same code as Google Chrome.
Opera 15 is currently #2 on my list of "Things that are a worse than having your dick amputated by a flamenco dancing zombie shark". Never gonna install that shit.

raz is cool, but no new levels? that's lame

I was expecting harder, runner 1 type levels. Runner 2 was too easy. 100% cheevos in a coupe days
Yeah, new levels would have been great. I still haven't finished it on Hard, and didn't start on Easy, but I can still say that it's much easier than the first one.

bootski

That's more or less correct. If you want to total these game purchases, you'll have to hunt down the receipts yourself. I've seen a few websites where you can enter this data manually, or you can make a spreadsheet. :)

lol yea. i just installed and checked it. it's showing the total as 118, whereas wastedonsteam gives me 1188 (weird number conincidence). the total should be pretty much dead in the middle somewhere i think.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, but PCs are for playing Fez.

jshackles

Opera 15 is currently #2 on my list of "Things that are a worse than having your dick amputated by a flamenco dancing zombie shark". Never gonna install that shit.

I'm not even going to ask what #1 is. While I agree that the new browser sucks - it's plugin support / developer support is FAR better than the previous versions.

Tomodachi

The fact that it accurately tallies the total you spent on steam itself with the prices at the time of the purchause is already extremely useful. Thanks!

Now to hunt those receipts down, I'm curious as hell and doing the spreadsheet right now.

Gabe, instead of the summer sale just gift me a life this year

Ogimachi

$2722.62

I would've guessed something around $1200, but at least this explains why I'm not as excited about sales as I used to be.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even going to ask what #1 is. While I agree that the new browser sucks - it's plugin support / developer support is FAR better than the previous versions.
I can't refute that, I know not how to develop plugins for any browser. Guess that's the only advantage of the new version.

rjc571

Banned
Hmm, for some reason Castlevania Lords of Shadow is listed on the demos page as having a demo available since June 5, although no demo for the game exists on its store page and I'm quite sure that it never was listed on the demo page before now. Sign that a demo might be coming? Or did somebody fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom