• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, for some reason Castlevania Lords of Shadow is listed on the demos page as having a demo available since June 5, although no demo for the game exists on its store page and I'm quite sure that it never was listed on the demo page before now. Sign that a demo might be coming? Or did somebody fuck up.

David Cox said the demo would be up closer to release.

Grief.exe

Hmm, for some reason Castlevania Lords of Shadow is listed on the demos page as having a demo available since June 5, although no demo for the game exists on its store page and I'm quite sure that it never was listed on the demo page before now. Sign that a demo might be coming? Or did somebody fuck up.

They screwed up when they originally put up the Store page, the demo is not available yet.

I did notice they updated the demo on the registry today, so hopefully soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This discussion is great if you have Dictionary of Numbers installed.

Here are some good ones:

• $1723.64 [≈ One Starbucks latte per day for a year]
  • $513.14 [≈ Basic iPad (2011)]
  • $300 [≈ cost of PS3 gaming system (2011)]
  • $2722.62 [≈ Weekend trip for two to Hawaii]
  • 439 dollars [≈ cost of a suit]

Divius

Does this only work if you have a creditcard? Because this probably isn't right...

6vPSl63.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does this only work if you have a creditcard? Because this probably isn't right...

6vPSl63.png

Should work without a credit card. Have you purchased anything directly from Steam before? (Not just Amazon, Humble Bundle, retail, etc?)

It should be showing up if you have.

Also - check your options page and make sure the Show "Total Spent" on Account Page option (in the Community tab) is checked.

Divius

Should work without a credit card. Have you purchased anything directly from Steam before? (Not just Amazon, Humble Bundle, retail, etc?)

It should be showing up if you have.
I have and I can see it in the 'Store Transactions' as well.

edit: it works in chrome, can't get it to work in FF. Probably a conflict with another extension/addon

Addnan

That's interesting, you only have 90 games more than I do.

capturefls8l.jpg

I must have spend more on getting keys from elsewhere than I thought.

Yeah same. I asked for a order history breakdown from amazon.com and since I only use that for steam games was a little shocking.

jshackles

ZEr.jpg

That is not counting all of the amazon, GMG, and gamersgate keys I have redeemed right? If so wow....

Yep this just counts moneyz sent directly to GabeN

HoosTrax

It's really hilarious when the Steam top seller chart breaks from time to time, and you get to see some blasts from the past or games you never even knew existed.

Hawkie

It's really hilarious when the Steam top seller chart breaks from time to time, and you get to see some blasts from the past or games you never even knew existed.

Ironclads, Iron Fist, Iron Front - what's going on....

Valve must be ironing out a few problems harhar

derExperte

I remember renting that game and trying to traverse across the map with friends.

It's perfect for listening to podcasts while doing the races. One of the last ones in the campaign took forever. Hm, maybe I'll pick it up during the sale, wasn't very exciting in teh long run but there aren't a lot open world offroad racers like this available.

jshackles

Maybe that's something Enhanced Steam could show automatically?

I've thought about that but it's a bit of a miscalculation unless every game you own you purchased directly from Steam.

So I checked Game Debate, which has been 100% correct so far on games I can run and what settings I can run them, and it said this about Miasmata and my specs/system:
"Medium Settings - This system has some slightly weaker components but it should still run Miasmata on medium settings"

Would you agree? I had really wanted to play this game

$291

Over 100 games .. Some games bought on green man gaming and other sites, but always getting games at extreme deals.

I don't feel too bad.

Grief.exe

So I checked Game Debate, which has been 100% correct so far on games I can run and what settings I can run them, and it said this about Miasmata and my specs/system:
"Medium Settings - This system has some slightly weaker components but it should still run Miasmata on medium settings"

Miasmata is pretty unoptimized and the developers have seemingly abandoned it.

They haven't fixed some of the issues that have been there since release.

Still a great looking game, and looks like something I would want to play.

I'll be picking up a few this week to see me through the opening days of the sale and will buy several more when my tax return hits (hopefully next week). The EB Games store nearest me recently closed, so I have to drive a little farther than usual, but thanks to the crummy exchange rate, having, say, $500 worth of Wallet codes bought locally saves me roughly $50 compared to purchasing via Steam directly, and this is before currency conversion fees.

Can you please elaborate on this? I am also from Australia. When we buy from Steam are we buying in US currency or something? How much better off is it to go buy the 50$ cards? I would be 100-150$ worth.

Hawkie

I intend picking it up in the seal (if it's there). If it is, I'll gift you a copy, so nothing lost on your end - if you can hold tight till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom