• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I thought giving away games on Gaf meant that people had to have the desire to play that game right away. Now I'm seeing people put "quote me first" if you want said game...

sigh

Digoman

The current version of the Steam Enhanced extension goes a little crazy on the numbers, probably because my history contains two currencies (before Steam switched to my local one).

So I ended extracting the data, pasting on excel... and... well, I'm not doing *THAT* again anytime soon. And the first the purchase was from 2008, so it's missing 4 years.

Unai

semttuloavs1j.png

It doesn't make sense.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Miasmata is pretty unoptimized and the developers have seemingly abandoned it.

They haven't fixed some of the issues that have been there since release.

Still a great looking game, and looks like something I would want to play.

Yeah super rough around the edges, shame the devs jumped ship. They were fairly active around the steam launch and were pretty helpful in addressing several problems right away. The game has spirit behind it even if there's so much jank that STALKER turns its nose up at it.

Part of me hopes that they're just going superdark and are going to pop up with an enhanced version of the game much like the Anna devs did - reworking things and polishing the unpolished using the money they got from game sales, making much better on their vision and not dine-n-dashing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The current version of the Steam Enhanced extension goes a little crazy on the numbers, probably because my history contains two currencies (before Steam switched to my local one).

So I ended extracting the data, pasting on excel... and... well, I'm not doing *THAT* again anytime soon. And the first the purchase was from 2008, so it's missing 4 years.

Check it out again in the upcoming version. The current version uses the last currency on the last line, which happens now to be in the marketplace tab. So if you sold something to someone using euros your total will show in euros.

The new version is a lot better at detecting which currency is actually in use. Not sure how that will work for those who had their currency switched on their account.

derExperte

I thought giving away games on Gaf meant that people had to have the desire to play that game right away. Now I'm seeing people put "quote me first" if you want said game...

sigh

Must have been way before my time here. But the ModBot with it's 'only people that haven't gotten anything recently' limitation should lead to more restraint and people only taking something they really want.

Check it out again in the upcoming version. The current version uses the last currency on the last line, which happens now to be in the marketplace tab. So if you sold something to someone using euros your total will show in euros.

So everything I sell and buy on the marketplace factors into the number?

MikeDown

Banned
Must have been way before my time here. But the ModBot with it's 'only people that haven't gotten anything recently' limitation should lead to more restraint and people only taking something they really want.
Yeah Modbot is pretty neat, and makes for a good system IMO. Limits lurkers and provides more instinctive for people to hold off and wait on things

Unai

The new version is a lot better at detecting which currency is actually in use. Not sure how that will work for those who had their currency switched on their account.

Oh, maybe that is my issue as well. Is 3.8.1 the latest version?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To be fair guys, we have a lot of new people in here just fleshing out their post count so they can keep taking games they'll never play, so this is their first time living through a spent-on-steam avalanche.

Turfster

Has anyone here in the meantime bit the bullett and bought DARK? http://store.steampowered.com/app/225360/

Eurogamer's review from today: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-08-dark-review
3/10

And German 4players gave it 59%: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Test/30872/79811/0/Dark.html
Nah, to be honest, it looked like a 5€ game from the start.
I mean, I love me some stealth, but this looked like it wouldn't be implemented well... and the reviews seem to be telling me I was right.
See also http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/08/wot-i-think-dark/

This is also going to be my first Steam sale where I will be at the office BUYING stuff from Steam. Probably playing some of it if time/activities allow it. I can imagine people thoughts if they check my laptop. Not that I'll allow them anyway that's why I bring it to work, it's my personal laptop, if they want to spy on my PC they are more than welcome, I only do work there unlike everyone else browsing Facebook.

Livin' and breathin' dat Steam!

My desktop picked the worst moment to die. Now I'm not only worried about the amounts of cash I need to fork to replace it but also need to make sure I have enough for the sale. This is gonna be TOUGH.

Some may argue why I worry about the comp when I should just buy everything and worry later about it, right? Well, the laptop isn't precisely super powered, it has a crappy Intel HD 3000 that barely does polygons...

smr00

Banned
$575.60
203 games and been a member for 8 years. Granted before this year i only had maybe 20 games. I bought the HL2 gold thing way back and a few other games like Killing Floor but was never a PC gamer and i would say a goof 150ish games are non-steam purchases.

So is Shadowrun Returns worth 17.99? Any chance of a further discount during the Sale?

Will this be a seamless world or is it divided into hub areas? Is it like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, where your actions and choices affect the world and the AI is independent?

(Reason for all the questions is because I only have $38, so I'm trying to get the most of that $$)

Also any other isometric open world games on Steam like the original Fallouts and Shadowrun Returns?

---
Any beginner tips for Company of Heroes Opposing Front or the genre in general? I enjoy tactical strategy, but my experience starts with Enemy Unknown and ends with Frozen Synapse. Haven't played a war RTS before.

Cth

So is Shadowrun Returns worth 17.99? Any chance of a further discount during the Sale?

Will this be a seamless world or is it divided into hub areas? Is it like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, where your actions and choices affect the world and the AI is independent?

(Reason for all the questions is because I only have $38, so I'm trying to get the most of that $$)

Also any other isometric open world games on Steam like the original Fallouts and Shadowrun Returns?

---

Yes and no.

Pretty much everything goes on sale, although new and unreleased stuff, probably less so.

EDIT:
I'd say play what you got, you've got a lot of free stuff gifted to you and you've been on a buying spree. Take it slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom