• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Banned
Thanks for the answer!

Well, this is funny, I crafted a badge for psychonauts, and after 1 minute I received a booster for the same game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So everything I sell and buy on the marketplace factors into the number?

Currently it's included in "Total Spent", but only things you've bought, not things you've sold.

Oh, maybe that is my issue as well. Is 3.8.1 the latest version?

Yes 3.8.1 is the latest published version. Version 3.9 is coming soon with the changes mentioned.

Echoplx

UR5jTVl.gif

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
$12.49 is low enough for me to buy Aliens: CM. I know it will be terrible. I've played the first 20 minutes. There's no way it could be saved by just a patch. I'm just a huge fan of the Aliens franchise, and the entry price is low enough that I know I'll get enough enjoyment out of the game to justify it.

I'll probably never play it. But I have a grid icon saved that I really want to use for it.

Cth

Buying spree?

It sounds like that money's burning a hole in your pocket.. :D

Sales come and go, summer sales are the ones to hold out for.

Just wait until the sale. If a game is on sale during it, great, if not, you'll still get it for the price prior to the sale. It's not like it'll go up.

Shadowrun's great and all, but it's crazy, IMO to buy an unreleased game at this stage for the purposes of getting $1 or 2 off.

derExperte

$12.49 is low enough for me to buy Aliens: CM. I know it will be terrible. I've played the first 20 minutes. There's no way it could be saved by just a patch. I'm just a huge fan of the Aliens franchise, and the entry price is low enough that I know I'll get enough enjoyment out of the game to justify it.

I'll probably never play it. But I have a grid icon saved that I really want to use for it.

Especially as a fan who knows the movies and their stories in and out there is some stuff in CM that will ruin your day.

It sounds like that money's burning a hole in your pocket.. :D

Sales come and go, summer sales are the ones to hold out for.

Just wait until the sale. If a game is on sale during it, great, if not, you'll still get it for the price prior to the sale. It's not like it'll go up.

Shadowrun's great and all, but it's crazy, IMO to buy an unreleased game at this stage for the purposes of getting $1 or 2 off.
Yeah money's definitely burning a hole, alright...
Hopefully the site and client being down means that the Sale is imminent.

Or we could just be getting trolled...

Cth

Yeah money's definitely burning a hole, alright...
Hopefully the site and client being down means that the Sale is imminent.

Or we could just be getting trolled...

S'cool.. I'm in the same boat.

It's my birthday this week, and I've got $34.00 to my name until the 15th when I get paid (part time job pays once a month which stinks :D) I'm dreading the sale as it's my first one with a PC that'll actually play something more than indie games.

I caved on the Sonic Racers cause my daughter and I can play it together and it was a good deal.

But really.. wait for the Summer Sale, it's usually got a lot of really cheap games and stuff usually gets discounted well. You'll kick yourself if you spend ahead of time on betas and then the games on your wishlist are 75% off.

Even then, you'll kick yourself sometimes cause you'll bite at 75 and then it goes on sale for 85-90 for 6 hours.

At least that's what it looked like from watching it on the sidelines the last year or so.

RetroMG

Store is down here too.

I will not get excited.

I WILL NOT.

EDIT: Whoops, it loaded. Good thing I didn't get excited.

I got excited. :(

Cth

Trading Cards are part of a new metagame.

Players will piece together the map to the server room where Gabe has unplugged the servers.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO REBOOT THE STEAM STORE SERVER?

JohnnyUnplugged.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
I want the sega action pack only for avp and codemned, nobody wants to buy it with me to get the other games?

Damn, thanks to you i just bought it. I only owned Vikings. Damn good deal, damn good. 9.99 DAT sale

oh i already have Hell Yeah also. Lol i hate that feeling.

Chronoja

All this summer sale stuff really is getting old, I won't lie.

If and when the sale does start it will start when any of their sales usually start, which is 6pm (gmt/bst) If this thread launches into a frenzy every time steam hiccups over the next few days this thread is going to be rather intolerable.

I'm not trying to backseat moderate here, not demanding people do something. More a friendly "c'mon people...we get it, a sale is coming soon..have some dignity"

All this summer sale stuff really is getting old, I won't lie.

If and when the sale does start it will start when any of their sales usually start, which is 6pm (gmt/bst) If this thread launches into a frenzy every time steam hiccups over the next few days this thread is going to be rather intolerable.

I'm not trying to backseat moderate here, not demanding people do something. More a friendly "c'mon people...we get it, a sale is coming soon..have some dignity"

I lost my dignity a few years back during the first Steam sale.

sibarraz

Banned
Damn, thanks to you i just bought it. I only owned Vikings. Damn good deal, damn good. 9.99 DAT sale

oh i already have Hell Yeah also. Lol i hate that feeling.

:(

btw, :dogface: no longer looks like FrankerZ, now there is no point on crafting offspring fling badges

Ezra2680

Joe Molotov

What does your title link to? Chrome warns me that the site it's trying to go to is known for distributing malware.

Ostinatto

how can i change BLEED button config, can i jump with the A button?, i'm playing the game with a 360 controller.

edit: sorry for the off-topic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom