• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Yep

A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.

General:

Added a confirmation dialog when launching a game via a steam URL with optional command line parameters, so the user can be sure the game is launching with the options they want
Added a "friendly machine name" when Steam-Guarding an account
Changed data format of client updates to improve compatibility with flawed proxy servers
During login, if Steam can't be reached and the user has entered a username we've never seen before, pop a dialog and ask them to login again
When returning to the login dialog and we've cleared the username field, put the keyboard focus on the empty username box instead of the password box
Updated Web controls user-agent to better reflect the code it is based off
Updated to Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0 Release Candidate
Fixed failing to update a game properly if an unexpected folder exists in the install directory for a game and we want to replace it with a new file
Fixed green inbox count not always including the count of offline messages available
Fixed selecting ‘X unread chat messages’ to always bring the newly opened chat dialog into focus
Fixed memory leak when an update for Steam was pending
Fixed uploading some large files to the Steam Cloud
Fixed memory leak when hovering URLs in the HTML control
Fixed workshop items not clearing from the download status label when completed
Fixed crash when getting lots of friends updates and you have a large friends list
Fixed password reset error when sending trade requests also causing the new device message to display
Fixed crash on launch for some third party DRM protected games under Windows

Linux:
Added support for 64-bit Linux titles
Fixed finding Steam client skins on Linux
Fixed crash looking at community images on Linux
Fixed Linux Steam overlay not restoring the proper mouse cursor in certain situations
Fixed resource leak on game exit leading to graphics corruption on Linux

Big Picture
Add support in big picture mode for Brazilian payment methods
Change the action icon on the games page in the library to be a download icon when a game is updating
The play button on a games library page is now disabled if the game is not available on your platform
Fixed being unable to launch some games after a download is complete
Fixed focus issue with the startup UI when the intro movie terminates early
Fixed updating background images in the library details view even when not visible while a game is running
Fixed potential crash in library details if a game has guides available and you quickly enter and exit the details view

I thought it had an FOV slider.

I don't see the reason for controller support.

Couldn't find one and according to what I read from some older forum posts it doesn't have one, at least as of a while ago. As for controller support, just seems like something a developer like Valve would do particularly given that the game was released on consoles. It's not a huge issue, but I like playing on my TV.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Especially as a fan who knows the movies and their stories in and out there is some stuff in CM that will ruin your day.

Alien Resurrection already took care of that. Prometheus threw salt in the wound. At this point, might as well smear a little shit in it as well.

I will always have Alien and Aliens. There's nothing they can do to ruin my love of those movies.

how can i change BLEED button config, can i jump with the A button?, i'm playing the game with a 360 controller.

edit: sorry for the off-topic question
It's a twin-stick shooter, you probably wouldn't be able to play well with jump on the A Button.

That said, there's a launch option to do it in the FAQ on the game's community forum.

catabarez

Just updated my Nvidia drivers and I need to have Geforce Experience for the Nvidia Control Panel to show up in my toolbar. Kind of annoying.

If I can HL2 on medium, can I run Garry's Mod on medium as well? I have a thing for just messing around in physics sandboxes.

Can you set up an AI arena deathmatch and have AI characters fight to the death? And can we share and upload user content?

Couldn't find one and according to what I read from some older forum posts it doesn't have one, at least as of a while ago. As for controller support, just seems like something a developer like Valve would do particularly given that the game was released on consoles. It's not a huge issue, but I like playing on my TV.

The store page lists full controller support for it. Is that not the case?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hell Yeah might be fun i dont know i havent played it yet, who wants it?

It looks like nobody else has responded yet... So I'd love to give it a shot. I've had a mild desire to play it ever since release but haven't ever bothered to buy it. Haha

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone just a heads up that I've sent the Enhanced Steam 3.9 code to Google for distribution. Over the next few hours your guy's plugins should update automatically.

I installed the userscript into Mozilla and when I hover over the mystery cards a number pops up on the lower left corner of my screen but the number doesn't resemble the ones in steamdb at all.

derExperte

I installed the userscript into Mozilla and when I hover over the mystery cards a number pops up on the lower left corner of my screen but the number doesn't resemble the ones in steamdb at all.

That's the link to the card in your library or on the market, not its id. If there's no number in the big pop-up you get while hovering something went wrong. Btw I couldn't get it working in Opera, had to use Chrome.

sibarraz

Banned
Everybody is gifting the games from the sega action pack that I already own :p

Nobody wants to buy it with me? I only want avp and condemned since the other 3 I already own them

MikeDown

Banned
Portal Defense of the Half Dead Team: Counter-Defeat 3?
Its-Happening-Ron-Paul-Rave-Reaction-Gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom