• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still have DOTA 2 in my inventory.

Grief.exe

Valve should wait to take DOTA 2 out of beta until after the Summer sale. The servers will be so strained during the summer sale as it is.

Then again, it will put more eyes on the Steam client during the sale.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is there a way to get La Mulana with black bars on the side, but full screen, so it's not stretched? I hate playing games not fullscreened.

Echoplx

Is there a way to get La Mulana with black bars on the side, but full screen, so it's not stretched? I hate playing games not fullscreened.

Change your monitor scaling settings? either via monitor OSD or nvidia/amd control panel.

Should be set as either 'No Scaling' or 'Aspect Ratio'

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I've played 20 minutes of Hell Yeah! now. It's actually a lot of fun. It's a very lighthearted game and has made me chuckle quite a few times. I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than I thought I would. If any of you guys already have it and just have it sitting in your library unplayed, I'd recommend giving it at least 15-20 minutes. It's a good time.

And thanks again Kinggi!

Dawg

Was about to cal it a night on Mafia 2 when the police started to chase me because I stole a car. I tried to escape (I ain't paying no fine), but in doing so I accidentally drove over a pedestrian. This made the police go mad and they started shooting at me and shit.

Luckily, there was a clothing shop nearby (you lose the cops if you change clothes) so I went in but the police caught up and I couldn't access it. I didn't have any guns or anything so I just tried to hide behind a desk, but then the police just started shooting at the shop.

They murdered the woman who worked there. They murdered two random civilians who were shopping. They also murdered a guy who was just passing by. I don't know what the fuck they were on, but they kept shooting and blood was everywhere and they had shotguns and tommy guns and I was just sitting there behind the desk doing nothing. Somehow the game bugged all of a sudden and I could change clothes and I lost all police stars. I just walked out of the shop with my 65$ clothes (welp, there goes paying off my fathers debt) and the police didn't do shit anymore.

I don't know man, I just stole a car.

Caerith

Was about to cal it a night on Mafia 2 when the police started to chase me because I stole a car. I tried to escape (I ain't paying no fine), but in doing so I accidentally drove over a pedestrian. This made the police go mad and they started shooting at me and shit.

Luckily, there was a clothing shop nearby (you lose the cops if you change clothes) so I went in but the police caught up and I couldn't access it. I didn't have any guns or anything so I just tried to hide behind a desk, but then the police just started shooting at the shop.

They murdered the woman who worked there. They murdered two random civilians who were shopping. They also murdered a guy who was just passing by. I don't know what the fuck they were on, but they kept shooting and blood was everywhere and they had shotguns and tommy guns and I was just sitting there behind the desk doing nothing. Somehow the game bugged all of a sudden and I could change clothes and I lost all police stars. I just walked out of the shop with my 65$ clothes (welp, there goes paying off my fathers debt) and the police didn't do shit anymore.

I don't know man, I just stole a car.
Sounds pretty true to life.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Change your monitor scaling settings? either via monitor OSD or nvidia/amd control panel.

Should be set as either 'No Scaling' or 'Aspect Ratio'

LOL, I was messing around with settings and shit without actually playing the game. The game is actually in the correct aspect ratio when you start playing it, the artwork on the sides blended in with the title screen, LOL.

Echoplx

LOL, I was messing around with settings and shit without actually playing the game. The game is actually in the correct aspect ratio when you start playing it, the artwork on the sides blended in with the title screen, LOL.

Heh, I realised shortly after I posted that the game should actually have widescreen support :p

FloatOn

If you guys want a mindless cooperative twin stick shooter Remegade Ops is the way to go.

I finally got around to playing a couple missions with a friend and it's pretty fun. The generic GI Joe cartoon storyline is amusing too.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Thanks Baha. For some reason the chat went offline. I was going to ask you about how to do a special move that will kill any opponent or team in 1 hit or if there was a code you could input to automatically win against an opponent.

I have a question about trading/gifting and Steam Guard. My account activated on June 29th. I had tried to trade with someone and got the message about needing Steam Guard enabled for 15 days. Which would be July 13th or 14th

Is there a way around this? Any other options if I want to gift or trade games/items in my inventory?

Baha

I have a question about trading/gifting and Steam Guard. My account activated on June 29th. I had tried to trade with someone and got the message about needing Steam Guard enabled for 15 days. Which would be July 13th or 14th

Is there a way around this? Any other options if I want to gift or trade games/items in my inventory?

Use a friend to make the trade for you? Not ideal but it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom