• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first booster pack, from Portal 2. I thought you get boosters for games that you don't have drops for anymore? I got 3 left for P2 (I played it just before the cards update and only got one).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Got my first booster pack, from Portal 2. I thought you get boosters for games that you don't have drops for anymore? I got 3 left for P2 (I played it just before the cards update and only got one).

I had a similar thing happen to me. I got a booster drop for Half Life 2 even though I still had a card drop left (that I didn't even know about).

xJavonta

Banned
How is Monaco? Looks kind of interesting.

Best Co-op game I've played in a long time

Played it with some gaffers and had fun but it REALLY shines in local multiplayer.

Went to a friend's house to play it and we ended up playing it for 6 hours straight. They all bought the game right after too.

It's that good.

There is no mystery card 25 available right now, so a full set would be 21 to 30 excluding this one, right?

Don't judge.

EDIT: Just saw the list, there's #20 too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The lack of a #25 makes me wonder whether there's two distinct sets, #20-24 and #26-30. Two sets of five. The foils are all over the place in terms of IDs, no sequence at all, so that's no indication. Expecting another change to the cards tomorrow based on the two day intervals between changes so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm updating my Steam Spending 2013 spreadsheet (I forgot about it and now I have to add all the purchases from the past ~8 weeks) and discovered that Primordia was added to the Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Primordia -- MB-68A25D8D6CBF531F - Taken by Maxwood

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ooooooooh.
Game looks stunning, very interested. Let's try how this modbot stuff works! :D
Thanks dude!
EDIT: Double thanks! :D

Divius

I have a question regarding ModBot, is it first come first served or does it randomly pick a winner from people who PMed it? Also does it keep track of the people who won?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have a question regarding ModBot, is it first come first served or does it randomly pick a winner from people who PMed it? Also does it keep track of the people who won?

First come first served. And it keeps track of those who have won, allowing gifters the option of registering their keys with a NOWINNERS rule, where those people cannot win again 'til Stump resets it.

Grief.exe

The planets have aligned, all is at peace

1nOHgWn.png

First come first serve.

KiDdYoNe

Why i can't see ModBot posts?

Anyway. So, i finally got all the cards for my wish to came true. Im at 4th lvl of badge now and i thinking, what if they are gonna add something as a reward for the perfection of the badge? And what if they will add it in a day or two? Should i wait a little longer? It's logic thing to reward someone for it...

Anyone has the same thoughts?

JaseC

ModBot only posts when somebody opts to give away keys anonymously. The system is otherwise PM-based.

Anyway. So, i finally got all the cards for my wish to came true. Im at 4th lvl of badge now and i thinking, what if they are gonna add something as a reward for the perfection of the badge? And what if they will add it in a day or two? Should i wait a little longer? It's logic thing to reward someone for it...

You're rewarded with the usual rewards and the cards remaining in your temporary "binder". At this stage, at least, there's nothing else to be gained from maxing out a badge and unless you're levelling up a badge that requires more expensive cards, you don't gain anything by waiting.

PriitV

He doesn't post, people just quote the text they get from a PM.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Congratulations on your wish. No ultimate prize will come from Valve, only the usual 100xp, emoticon, wallpaper and mystery card. And shinier purrfect badge.

I finally rejoined Steam thanks to this thread and the Sonic and All-Stars Racing Trasformed free weekend (which this thread told me of!). I bought the game shortly afterward, along with the DLC.

My credit card quivers in anticipation of the sale, which will be the first I will ever participate in.

Cancelled my PS4 preorder today, and got some eShop credit and $200 of US Steam Credit (for only $200 Australian, shh no one will ever know).

I'm totally not going to spend that much.

dot

I finally rejoined Steam thanks to this thread and the Sonic and All-Stars Racing Trasformed free weekend (which this thread told me of!). I bought the game shortly afterward, along with the DLC.

My credit card quivers in anticipation of the sale, which will be the first I will ever participate in.

You chose a great time to come back.

First sale is always fun. :)

Congratulations on your wish. No ultimate prize will come from Valve, only the usual 100xp, emoticon, wallpaper and mystery card. And shinier purrfect badge.

How do you know the badge is perfect? Does it tell you can't upgrade it anymore?

EDIT: oh i guess the badge just turns shiny?

JaseC

How do you know the badge is perfect? Does it tell you can't upgrade it anymore?

Game badges max out at Level 5, and if you click through to a badge from your list you'll see a notice stating that you've levelled it to completion.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Game badges max out at Level 5, and if you click through to a badge from your list you'll see a notice stating that you've levelled it to completion.

The Ugly Baby foil badge is labeled (on the icon) as level 6 and it pisses the OCDer in me off to no end.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How do I use Enhanced Steam to find out how much I've spent on games? I can't see it but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Ah ok. I'll buy some cards later tonight and try to level up some of my badges. I thought you could level them up infinitely before.

How do I use Enhanced Steam to find out how much I've spent on games? I can't see it but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.
Go to yourusername account > Account Details

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm down for that. I'm not very good though :p

Neither am I. I thought I was okay when it first came out on consoles, but I got wrecked playing the PC version the other night. It's hard to get used to the block button.

Who do you main? I stick with Ermac most matches. Jade when I feel like being more risky.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Go to "Account Details" (top right drop down when logged in).

Go to yourusername account > Account Details

Thanks! £151.21 spent on £120 games. Lots of bundles in there which is probably why the total is so low, plus I only got back into playing games on Steam recently when I bought my new laptop.

Most expensive game: Same & Max: The Devil's Playhouse at £24.99 (Although I sold a TF2 gun I got with this for £10 just recently so that's brought the price back down I suppose)
Cheapest game: Home, 67p.
Best Value: Binding of Isaac. Bought the game and the DLC for £1.73 and have put 150 hours into it so far.

catabarez

Neither am I. I thought I was okay when it first came out on consoles, but I got wrecked playing the PC version the other night. It's hard to get used to the block button.

Who do you main? I stick with Ermac most matches. Jade when I feel like being more risky.

Usually Sub-Zero but I haven't played online lately.

derExperte

Too bad animated avatars are gone, huh.

OT, Defender's Quest is really quite good. I like how after beating it you can toggle back and forth between NG+ and NG, and how NG+ adds side quests and a journal.

I didn't know that, now I have a really good reason to go back to it. :)

Tak3n

Banned
so foolish me...

I thought after enjoying Aliens Marines despite the mauling, I would try Star Trek...

that was a mistake :)

it is plum awful

MoonGred

so foolish me...

I thought after enjoying Aliens Marines despite the mauling, I would try Star Trek...

that was a mistake :)

it is plum awful

Is it really that bad? I was really hyped 1 month before release but then forgot about it. I was thinking of picking it up during the sale, but this is making me doubt

Caerith

I didn't know that, now I have a really good reason to go back to it. :)
You're missing out. Defender's Quest in + mode adds a lot to the game. Enemies get new abilities (like regen, phasing, evasion), you get access to Azra's journal (which Slak loves to vandalize), you get full-story sidequests, and you can upgrade your unique weapons and armor from the standard game to increase their power and give them special attributes.

Easily the best tower defense on Steam, even though I guess it's not really tower defense but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom