• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What's the best racing game on steam?
Sonic Allstars :p
And I love Burnout Paradise. But that's arcadey stuff, don't know what your looking for.

PriitV

Don't remind me :( I didn't back it. I cry every time the pcars thread is bumped.

ZLtca7Z.png

Tak3n

Banned
Is it really that bad? I was really hyped 1 month before release but then forgot about it. I was thinking of picking it up during the sale, but this is making me doubt

Well I played an hour and was ready to give up, but it might of been because I bought AVP bundle from amazon, and the BF3 +Premium from amazon as well...

so I had a lot to play yesterday, but I was disappointed, but for £12 it might be worth a shot for you

So there is this Australian bargain site called ozbargain, and they have listed a website that sells PC games. How do we know if the site is legit and allowed to be posted? It looks legit, and they are having a Summer sale ATM as well.

Echoplx

Well I played an hour and was ready to give up, but it might of been because I bought AVP bundle from amazon, and the BF3 +Premium from amazon as well...

so I had a lot to play yesterday, but I was disappointed, but for £12 it might be worth a shot for you

Coming from a guy who actually likes Aliens just makes it seem even worse lol

MoonGred

Reading this thread is rubbing my nose into my backlog, everyone bringing up games, me liking the idea of playing it and then realizing I've had it for ages, just never got to installing it.

Anyways, is anyone else not super excited about the upcoming sale? I felt disappointed last sale, as there really wasn't that much to pick up for me. I guess it had more to do that I went absolute nuts with prior sales.
I just want that first sale feeling back!

Echoplx

So there is this Australian bargain site called ozbargain, and they have listed a website that sells PC games. How do we know if the site is legit and allowed to be posted? It looks legit, and they are having a Summer sale ATM as well.

Well it would be easier to help you if you actually said what store it is :p I don't think you'll get banned for asking - I just checked ozbargain and can't see anything like that.

PriitV

Reading this thread is rubbing my nose into my backlog, everyone bringing up games, me liking the idea of playing it and then realizing I've had it for ages, just never got to installing it.

Anyways, is anyone else not super excited about the upcoming sale? I felt disappointed last sale, as there really wasn't that much to pick up for me. I guess it had more to do that I went absolute nuts with prior sales.
I just want that first sale feeling back!
One thing to get me excited is a real meta-game, not like the past 2 sales which were rather disappointing with Amazon price-matching everything.

Well it would be easier to help you if you actually said what store it is :p I just checked ozbargain and can't see anything like that.

Sorry I just don't want to get in trouble for linking a site that may be dodgy :)

The site is called Gaming Dragons. The summer sale looks like Steams previous summer sale, you can even vote on upcoming extra sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Gaming Dragons seems to be a key reseller. From the About Us section:

- We buy the games from several official sources which are large Distributors over Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia and USA who provides physical boxes of PC Games.
- We are able to acquire the marchandise to our warehouses located in Europe and distribute digitally the game codes which are scanned directly from the game boxes.

Another telling sign is that orders are processed manually.

Gaming Dragons seems to be a key reseller. From the About Us section:

Another telling sign is that orders are processed manually.

Ahhhhhh cheers. I went straight to the summer sale section, now that I'm looking at the whole site, it does seem a bit dodgy. Will stay away.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well Enhanced Steam 3.9 is up and filtering out games already owned. Thanks again for that. Would be amazing if it could fully populate the pages with unowned games, but I'll take what I can get.

As far as amount spent, there's no separation for gifts yet. Just Store/Game/Market. Any plans for separating the store transaction totals into those for your own account and gift purchases?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I did not need to know that the Walking Dead DLC is good. Salsa told me that Rogue Legacy was good. I just played Brave New World until 6 am and I have to go to work today. Summer is supposed to be the slow months for games :(

Hey everyone just a heads up that I've sent the Enhanced Steam 3.9 code to Google for distribution. Over the next few hours your guy's plugins should update automatically.
I don't get the Market Transaction part, what does it mean? Cards and other stuff that I purchased from the market?

V0yMywp.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm actually rather interested in seeing how much I've spent on the Market, because I've only bought cards. I'd say I've spent at least $40.

I'm actually rather interested in seeing how much I've spent on the Market, because I've only bought cards. I'd say I've spent at least $40.

JaseC what does the ES show to you? I assume that 149$ is not what I spent. I only had $5 on my wallet before the market and only sold and bought cards via market and one or two TF2 items under a dollar.

Also the account page has a listing of items you purchased and sold via market. But you'll have to do the math yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom