• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

So if I have Portal and HL2 in my library, can I still do that Portal Gun mod? I'm pretty sure I read you could only do that with the Orange Box, but I'm not 100%

This is what I'm talking about, if you're don't know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKg3TUPQ8Sg

Oh... *that* mod, I remember looking interesting at the time. Well, as I said on the chat, the Orange Box doesn't have any special entry on the Steam library, so having all the games should be more then enough.

However, I will *strongly* recommend not using this mod at your first playthrough. It probably allows you to break the game in several different ways, or at the very least ruin the pacing.

Grief.exe

So when giving out keys do we use the bot now? Who do i contact about that?

How to give something away:
- Send a PM to the user ModBot
- Title must include the word register (capitalization doesn't matter, rest of the title doesn't matter)
- Body format is flexible but should basically look like something like this:
Game Name 1 - KEY1-KEY2-KEY3
Game Name 2: AAAA-BBBB-CCCC
Game Name 3 | DDDD-EEEE-FFFF
Game Name 4 GGGG-HHHH-IIII
JJJJ-KKKK-LLLL

spotlight_image_english.jpg

3 crows on the top left, If you google that image, all of them only have 2..

But they are all different resolutions and have less height..

Here is the full art.
You can clearly see the pics on google are cropped just below the upper bird.

So if I have Portal and HL2 in my library, can I still do that Portal Gun mod? I'm pretty sure I read you could only do that with the Orange Box, but I'm not 100%

This is what I'm talking about, if you're don't know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKg3TUPQ8Sg

Wow, I've never had this problem when clicking on a Youtube link before.

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:
Icdy35NKC5X6ukIgbfexl7kqMg8TzW9c_XSYW6kGIbAp_ccnkM-iU2l7vFkY
P0JnLBvgq_MlsvxVfKqw8UOMRZ8OSqZRW8EJDrTK5Tyd4C3w5jBM1y4KFqEV
FhJz0vMn1OP6edfyw0JXq7J8WCHkaivptrBolAt064AxVpP4o2eNUl-li0ks
9Vnf0V_-sMi_qnAm1rhxxjsXFjdSOCyJ4YGfH2ZfiIoWlklai_UrugLm0sfc
SiM_OiypQekChuUtE2j3MDtv8R9aPyYWCEfYYWAOrGcK0bpKFAOfs0Sg0d-_
5CcC-AKMl_9Y_5O9ir9TPpABqXpRqyQzILmWsbTgj9uNLaFyoNQRd85jxMIq
7-CWrvxjsbpXa-XGhPkcFBENRf4V5VtjxFfZKCgE4wCbmuY-4Pe1f3Edub8w
Aq5itvfDAkAocKpINHTYp6ivCuNBIflzRRocNxkd4XGSAsat9C2aDVO-vrMk
HvprHM56zVPGpBKpKxoGNaud9z7XmU6wb5oA54GdMEZi5jNWyLyIdszvyanF
ScvprMrFKhd8D81mE3VVGOb-7_5FS5LrSvkO1yturFubcQ91HtVRMQqT_b9V
xGY4v2RN3hU_3kq5RxwdJU6No_Rh_5YF_vQpDSlpsE8A_wYjpvC4jaR4e39O
viUqT82RGHlZpZwypinDWIKQjfQXUZ4WbHBy2bBqPpHnPqF-7QzWR5BID5UG
U7RthgV_TyXekC_lwy7DdFL8zank3_wWCqSGdKKc7T1NgnscxFujBKAFCRil
qhzegFOCUPBXwVPpoYeKlkwDSt7OAJg-YSHA8CqGZ45yh5KDMsqnnEWDGe83
f8v_KkBVI1fZZWvarppBUsamyzzKfzOV6LEJ1EIpH34s9CPyCwlH1droDHV2
v4D4Es-Byg950CV66TSsRGY8WwOqOD5LeSswRPLDqp51CEtaDl4tP3xkYbte
dzq4xorCv1TqF1pt5BMVbco67cwY1dlxo4nmrX26FKxqI0t2HAT1JYXh6Rib
4uXQ6d5ujMy-y5kTHFmzbv6KW84Dt2KdnZ8PYYW1X-YdECobQ2VrwIq34XF4
JAzJSov-2E1OQO0k8gXwNa-XWO9CqgvFo7kP7M4KNPQEn3KFdWEPawxjzIZA
LqTqZ_nbGvtrVwXaWz36Fa_qDAq_rS5s8tTOs_ydAtZI6ERIfFd1E0oNWJCx
lexmSJJeDIcWTFpmjEObxhxGWJExJBGAl8yjLvADrp7nlsw7jIENoZALslPX
0lkB_NeBUZK325zNVz0e4eMA31d4ilVs1ibrBB7JzkqcGR5dtKpYUe5siBQ_
xtTAfhlptDgQb4k00N74b-2zDQl_tqkQ9WTv-RQjh3tipY66EMITG3I15s91
_1CNfeiMGOwxxEHYiVA9Ov5-l6FXSldfuqrx9BrLBXA4KK1SOEMRm-2wH8rP
jLBS4Z_8lZU6SG8tGAxhmu9TUDu04sPB7VG43g6o7o-0nUIaid6Pz7e3Xr8C
Mu0YIIN7w9O3P48sgtrsHMaATHyfB9qrHOYMsbzUd1VM5zWAoLjhESJtXUjO
iXZ7I_ZgVLg2KcnlhDWXJn-qjxE8omtIp9DaR-t3xpU18Ud-5Nx4ETHPc28G
wNly42ziwdRPssxcoiOoqI93s19IGnT8CovoMFAq1-6JkuDxPqJ-5XHc8ik-
7eAgTF6VWCtBaEZtjzil_48URSL5IUAnsDrV15LH82mgl7rLrl4gHg-JSDI3
sSDDna94AZlsCiihyApj_2KuJdxFtODYdQKa9dOnGlKyGvdFbrXbSpkw6TRB
1ypzAOO4U_sN3ebTNr28wAX9m1DdEcfkFg1063RbE1QXT7u4keO8Pxmx7klh
h3chsf2oPT-vAiOPd9Rkz0HTFMWgFw3xvCS8U5j6x0EzOaIqO2m0H703BYPO
rbTOAgKapuLRlJApDMhE58qVd0RcwBYuBYj4X7fLstqs8ip-ZkAaG22AMcNF
ldbD7sie-oExEiSigFUMbLYVNBxth7zFvHwXQxnb-ZV3q83C3PXrZg0E1QnB
gf5PZwg-987XxuO-I46mXJuPmKg7SJ9AgTz66DX57Js8qMsRWS_vn9O9kRS6
dZ6CnFLKDpLbgfrgn-mF2nkextMru275FQmjzbo5-L2CaEat7a31UAUMD3f0
Q-XIksb55UnaVJvuimeammjvT7IhZnlZKaGGYwdeo3JC4uqbDQUIZ4Psju9_
5LW7dtmuQVzCZjSIOLycImAJzlwKY6rWWEWZVHEl73KlhpSDPuSvSDwWlSF4
ay7KegwSuk7dATYULjwe1y_4Eg2y8PTi4rohvLt0avMbCckBY4dSh3R0npuh
hwXd1xCTVVHau2_PFywXdygFF9Za581wESCBquJy3xWNZfT363QrCBI9I9bt
Gt-N2GzhviHbR5MrD7zTEeQarS1EfqtOCALlIXmiifhnzW0DZG8FcTdy4x6a
vfwscnMgoh9NfWhUou-ySpXKhORPJP7DVl7gmZHdc3wzxiTgfIz0ntUz00UR
xW9Rxe6ikV1Jxvq95BFGkv9PuoqgasjkRlwgRJTjUl-HOQ-pcx1f9K1actFl
2yTJzw5Zmge6RUL2EeDRXtuWENtGpWzH38sxfFMUlNb4bC1vgPyYmfr5ZZkO
oOUWBqBabVngwyXXZsj9ceg4ItpcvsqRkoEPtOo-YDyVjCp2_TLvj-UxdmpE
M_mrHtlPL-Y-ZnNilndAUk5Ocd8t2u8mJ8iDD3p4pyhri617usMx_t5n5QKp
SYRY5Yg-3lhkesggAE1y7_pL_1DgOEML2FeV98yTrAs16U3pTSIkJYz-epXL
UBVbmcBAoYeVf3y4La1M4ryW0nDwLnZp_TDQu-C655y1I0pdRqXPwRQoFk1d
TjCzV5KMdP7W3iPMbzeE2cIy57Oz3DM7eyTeeKEzwyoibr48jbnFTXVlTSQl
CzrjWvB7ORLKvrC-vxp8Ir5dBNufR5itN0cWdzrBTba2Z76P81kEKPtFcCLs
nXbB613qZzKNN86nAL-aR_Rid3Itin5lSdCW3xY6zpeic8bcgAYPZ9TrLDKJ
6ODltQEAqHzKzB2boOzNNSoriYkw4TEFwwEakMcG0auUh5tSFf0ENXO0vor-
2czNHUgrLPlJ42xtDHxkaErf9N2Xce0_Ie5Ysk9l5PyiQUpNEA4krXJIXJT_
QkS365Bcvgkvh4QAVD-Yn5391pJ8eLLmmomBjXuFmm-XTcnZ7n0xx_tEpn7i
TAzcoQKbBdLS8Rh_xpln_uNOMRfLeWahF6TfNHVPvNmyC58cC6xzeL0mfklO
MDErVCb2Yl80DcRXVIep_xQvrCMqg8RbL4XOQqh5k814ip5ihFFQEpEPxERi
RYKSWu4ABtI6vPZY1TdgeFuQcR6vSQgZ

Turfster

To celebrate.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shank -- MB-B3BFA8C34E9FDCC4 - Taken by scorpscarx

Jeez, I think I just did the math and I only have $60 available for this sale. I'm sure I'll end up taking some hits but for the first time I'm hoping the deals won't be too good... Another thing I'm worried is that I'll probably end up getting a crapload of DLC from some of the games I already own.

Whatever, the opening day is gonna be HELL. I expect the servers to go bloody BOOM! And I'll be at work and unable to see it in full. :(

I just hope GAF won't crash!

Ezra2680

So are HL2 and the Episodes worth it at $6.50? Like I said, I'm never going to touch MP. And the other reason I wanted the Orange Box is because I wanted to do that awesome Portal Gun in HL2 mod.

So if TOB is discounted 75%, that's $5. But I'm never going to touch TF2
And GMod would be discounted during the Sale right?

TF2 is FTP any ways, so I wouldn't really factor that in unless you get some extra items for buying the Orange Box or something. I don't know about that portal gun mod you were talking about, but if getting the Orange Box is the only way to get that to work, that is the only reason I could see getting the OB instead of just waiting for the Valve Complete pack.

Especially since if this meta game is like the ones in the past where you can win games, you may be able to get the Valve Complete pack for free.

Enco

Modbot should be able to ban people.

Start the new age of GAF. The sky will fall when Evilore and Bish are banned. The bot will then rule over us all. We can create clans and fight for survival.

Jeez, I think I just did the math and I only have $60 available for this sale. I'm sure I'll end up taking some hits but for the first time I'm hoping the deals won't be too good... Another thing I'm worried is that I'll probably end up getting a crapload of DLC from some of the games I already own.

Whatever, the opening day is gonna be HELL. I expect the servers to go bloody BOOM! And I'll be at work and unable to see it in full. :(

I've got $54 after buying some of the Half Life stuff a few minutes ago, need to snag some more wallet cards. I feel you though, I have a meeting that starts exactly when the store updates on Thursday.

As for Konami games on PC...

A long time ago I had Silent Hill 3 for PC and I think I still have the SH3 Soundtrack that came with the game. Man I loved it.

Grief.exe

Some suggestions then

Most DLC is basically worthless. Only buy those gems that are known for quality, and not the usual garbage that is churned out.

Don't buy games you aren't looking to play right now. There will always be more sales down the line, and prices will always get lower.
No point in collecting games to just sit in your backlog.

As for Konami games on PC...

A long time ago I had Silent Hill 3 for PC and I think I still have the SH3 Soundtrack that came with the game. Man I loved it.

It would be nice to see them available on digital distribution.

Just think it's weird that Homecoming is the only SH game on Steam. I wonder if it's just because of its release timing or something, or maybe the developer (Double Helix) wanted it on Steam.

Glix

Stump that is pretty awesome. Thanks for your hard work. Hopefully the sale will have killer bundles and I will get some doubles and hook up my GAF brothers and sisters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve's actually very good about ensuring there are enough server resources to handle the load, aside from the opening hour or so of a sale where everybody is hammering F5 to get a first look.

smr00

Banned
I am giving away 9 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to
with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Depth Hunter -- MB-19E17B5E1CFBE5EC
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon -- MB-D431F0B6A90FFBFF - Taken by Stallion Free
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-BE2810C1FD9E9B19 - Taken by Nabs
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood -- MB-B7943682E0B2E337 - Taken by Kifimbo
SpaceChem -- MB-2CE305B0C57AF174 - Taken by Humenkind
Guns of Icarus #2 -- MB-3B2548E66BEC57AE - Taken by RS4-
Toy Soldiers -- MB-E29F6C4A2FF00F0C - Taken by Stumpokapow
The Maw -- MB-04D7E7D3BF3EDFC9 - Taken by Baha

I hope this is right :-/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, what? I don't remember tutorials in NFS:MW or HP. I thought MW in particular just plopped you down in the city in car

I can't speak to Most Wanted, but doesn't Hot Pursuit explain to you every feature of Autolog before using it? Doesn't it also force you to understand how the scoring system works? I'll admit my memory is fuzzy as it was a while ago since I first played it, but coming after Burnout Paradise and its 10 to 15 minutes of unskippable bullshit, I was just in no mood for more of their hand-holding.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I can't speak to Most Wanted, but doesn't Hot Pursuit explain to you every feature of Autolog before using it? Doesn't it also force you to understand how the scoring system works? I'll admit my memory is fuzzy as it was a while ago since I first played it, but coming after Burnout Paradise and its 10 to 15 minutes of unskippable bullshit, I was just in no mood for more of their hand-holding.

Oh god yes, I recently reinstalled Hot Pursuit and all that unskippable autolog shit just made me want to alt-f4 right out of there.

Some suggestions then

Most DLC is basically worthless. Only buy those gems that are known for quality, and not the usual garbage that is churned out.

Don't buy games you aren't looking to play right now. There will always be more sales down the line, and prices will always get lower.

Yeah, basically, the only DLC I KNOW I'll buy is the Heroes of the Fleet one for Strike Suit Zero because I played both Zero and Infinity non-stop throughout March and April and pretty much burned my video card because of this game and my insatiable thirst for badass mech games on PC.

Other than that, I'll see what pops in the offers. If Anomaly 2 gets 75% off, then I'm in. I'm hoping for the latest Sherlock Holmes game, a couple indie platformers and whatever is single player and won't demand me to sit to play multiplayer, which I now only have time to take on holidays.

Since my desktop die, I'm also trying to rush a new one so I can play during the bloody sale but I'm not too positive on that. And odds are I'll use the new desktop to play Super Hexagon...

It seems to be working. ModBot is awesome.

Edit: I saw The first key being taken by someone (The Monk I think) but then it was available again. Bug or can claims be cancelled?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Modbot is slick as fuck. Based Stump.

I didn't have to go run off to Steam to spam activate, I could take my time and write a post in the thread as thanks first.

Some suggestions then

If I buy DLC, it's only for expansions, never for weapons or maps cause I never play MP in anything

But for the sale, keeping an eye on three games: Gunpoint, Amnesia, Incredipede. If I can get those, I'll be satisfied. Anything else I get is just splurging.

derExperte

Yes and even when all the tutorials are done it takes ages after every race to go through the results screens. Even longer if you unlock a car, everything is unskippable. It's the only major problem the game has.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Do you have to Quote ModBot?

No, you don't, but if you quote the PM you get from ModBot, it helpfully includes formatting and a direct link to PM ModBot--as opposed to copying and pasting the PM, which just gets you the text. You can just include the keys with no context if you want, but then people are going to get confused. Make sense?

Like I said, read the rules thread for giveaways and all will be clear.

The_Monk

Kind fellow GAFfer smr00 it worked. I got one key for Depth Hunter, however, it is giving me a Invalid product code. I can send you a PM with the code in it if you want.

Turfster

On second thought, putting my extra Shank key as non-lurkers in this thread might not have been the most well-thought out idea I've ever had... ah well.

Edit: Just when I post that, someone does take it of course =p

smr00

Banned
I assume that Depth Hunter key is for Desura? The game hasn't been greenlit yet.
I can check.

I bought a few things off amazon and it was part of a bundle and the game didn't interest me, i just assumed it was Steam.

EDIT- Not sure, doesn't show any DRM info other than "DRM FREE" but has a key. Next time i will double check the games before giving them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom