• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, putting my extra Shank key as non-lurkers in this thread might not have been the most well-thought out idea I've ever had... ah well.

I just claimed the bot shank, thanks a lot, I actually really liked this game on PS3 back in the day, but I never finished it, so this is perfect :). People hate on Shank but it's okay for what it is.

Grief.exe

How many keys can you claim using ModBot ? Any restrictions ?

If you mean when you are giving away, modbot can handle multiple keys.

If you mean when you are taking keys, yes modbot only allows you to take one game at this point. After that, you are done, unless Stump has changed it.

haha this modbot business is sweet but I am unsure how it works. I mean I followed the instructions but its craaazy!

PM Modbot your keys
Modbot sends you back a code
post the code here, have people PM Modbot. It will sort out the rest.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know why The Bureau: X-COM Declassified isn't on Steam/available for pre-order yet? Does 2K have something exclusive going on, or have they just not gotten around to getting it on Steam?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How many keys can you claim using ModBot ? Any restrictions ?

Restrictions are on a per-giveaway basis and will be listed in the post for the giveaway. Some giveaways have no restrictions. Others require you not to have won within a week or since the beginning of the beta, or require you to be a lurker. Individual posters can also be privately blocked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know why The Bureau: X-COM Declassified isn't on Steam/available for pre-order yet? Does 2K have something exclusive going on, or have they just not gotten around to getting it on Steam?

They just forgot to put the preorder up on Steam. It's gonna be Steamworks, all their recent PC games have been.

Grief.exe

Holy shit guys.

From the Rogue Legacy OT

Rogue Legacy in one mail:
1373366114-sans-titre-2.png

Sorry, but... No. Couldn't get fun out of it, and that within the first minutes. I always finish my games, but I think I've never gotten a so bad reaction over a game. Seriously, I really hated it.

Restrictions are on a per-giveaway basis and will be listed in the post for the giveaway. Some giveaways have no restrictions. Others require you not to have won within a week or since the beginning of the beta, or require you to be a lurker. Individual posters can also be privately blocked.

Brilliant.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It seems to be working. ModBot is awesome.

Edit: I saw The first key being taken by someone (The Monk I think) but then it was available again. Bug or can claims be cancelled?

Neither; smr edited his post as the bot edited his post.

smr starts edit
bot does edit, taken message appears
smr saves edit, taken message disappears.

That one is all user error I'm afraid ;)

Ok thanks. Hope this will change eventually (once a day?, once a week?).

EDIT: Oh great.

You will never be able to take more than one key per giveaway. That's a hard limit and one of the major purposes of ModBot's existence. But across multiple giveaways then, again, it's subject to the per-giveaway rules.

Is anybody else more interested in the meta-game than the actual sale?

To be honest I only have a handful of new indie games I want out if this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is anybody else more interested in the meta-game than the actual sale?

To be honest I only have a handful of new indie games I want out if this.

Personally I'm mostly interested in rebuying all my 360 games on Steam for pennies on the dollar so I'm post-next-gen safe :p

smr00

Banned
Neither; smr edited his post as the bot edited his post.

smr starts edit
bot does edit, taken message appears
smr saves edit, taken message disappears.

That one is all user error I'm afraid ;)

You will never be able to take more than one key per giveaway. That's a hard limit and one of the major purposes of ModBot's existence. But across multiple giveaways then, again, it's subject to the per-giveaway rules.
If my edit of "i hope this is right" fucked it up i truly am sorry about that.

Next time i will make sure i do it 100% right.

Went ahead and bought out the remaining cards to complete my mystery set. This is either going to pay off spectacularly or be the dumbest thing ever. Nothing in between.

Finding number 21 was a PITA. Makes me wonder whether Valve are intentionally tinkering with the drop rate to see what effect it has on the market.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fantastic work Stump! I'm going to test out the anonymous feature now so I can see Modbot's avatar.

Oh... *that* mod, I remember looking interesting at the time. Well, as I said on the chat, the Orange Box doesn't have any special entry on the Steam library, so having all the games should be more then enough.

However, I will *strongly* recommend not using this mod at your first playthrough. It probably allows you to break the game in several different ways, or at the very least ruin the pacing.
Oh definitely. My first time playing HL2? Going to experience the way it was meant to be

But after? I can just imagine the tactical possibilities the portal gun would provide

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-4E62E0097E51981A - Taken by Freezard

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played about 2 hours of the Rogue Legacy demo and loved it. I'm trying to control myself from buying it until the sale starts. Even if it doesn't go on sale, I'll probably still pick it up.

Personally I'm mostly interested in rebuying all my 360 games on Steam for pennies on the dollar so I'm post-next-gen safe :p
I would consider joining you but I think I have too many still exclusive to XBLA including some of my favorites like Geometry Wars 2. I might pick a couple up though like Bionic Commando Rearmed (which is missing its sequel).

Cth

I was curious to see how it'd handle ampersands.. nice coding :D

Looks like I wasn't fast enough, ModBot posted the giveaway too! Nice work!

So I got my 360 gamepad in the mail today, and boy is it amazing.

Don't know how I played some of these platformers on Steam without a controller...

derExperte

Now the NfS and HL sales have 46 hours remaining. Which means they'll end as usual and not at 10am, right?

why is Alice Madness still 49.99 € after almost 3 years ? is it just for my country (Spain) ? never saw it on sale or anything, what the heck ?

Same in Germany, for whatever reason Alice has always been more expensive here.

Ce-Lin

why is Alice Madness Returns still 49.99 € after almost 3 years ? is it just for my country (Spain) ? never saw it on sale or anything, what the heck ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PS Y'all can thank m0dus for the awesome ModBot avatar. He did both real-life and creepy robot overlord drawings of me, EviLore, and gromph. I'm so so happy with how mine turned out I couldn't resist the urge to use it!

If my edit of "i hope this is right" fucked it up i truly am sorry about that.

Next time i will make sure i do it 100% right.

Hahahaa no problem at all. It was just a timing thing.

I was curious to see how it'd handle ampersands.. nice coding :D

Looks like I wasn't fast enough, ModBot posted the giveaway too! Nice work!

That wasn't you, that was mornianonymous mystery benefactor giving away the same game at the same time! :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you exclude people from a giveaway, will Modbot list them in that post, or just silently reject them? If not, can I get a name-and-shame feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom